Cards were only team to put up 30 points on us

The Cards scored more points on us than any other team this year, and thats not really all that bad. Granted that we are a ball control Offense with alot of TOP but alot of teams would LOVE to have this stat.

I think we do need to spend alot of this offseason on the Defence but definetly not ALL of it. we need upgrades to the TE spot and depth/upgrades on the right side of the O-Line.

I read earlier that someone thinks we shouldnt extend or pay to keep Jenkins. Jenk is a great WR and he has made some HUGE plays for us this year. i really think he has the best hands on the team and is a sharper route runner than roddy.

(Donning Flame Suit)

The Cards scored more points on us than any other team this year, and thats not really all that bad. Granted that we are a ball control Offense with alot of TOP but alot of teams would LOVE to have this stat.

I think we do need to spend alot of this offseason on the Defence but definetly not ALL of it. we need upgrades to the TE spot and depth/upgrades on the right side of the O-Line.

I read earlier that someone thinks we shouldnt extend or pay to keep Jenkins. Jenk is a great WR and he has made some HUGE plays for us this year. i really think he has the best hands on the team and is a sharper route runner than roddy.

(Donning Flame Suit)

You don't have to put on a flame suit, but overall our defense is below average and can't really hold a candle to our offense....

I think most of it begins and ends with our defensive line.....Abraham is virtually our only consistent pass rusher. Babs gets some push, but Anderson is MIA most of the time....Grady is helpful against the run but isn't the "run stuffer" that many on here imagine him to be. We need a big, physically dominating, middle-clogging DT who can also put some heat on the QB....I wouldn't be opposed to us finding another DE somewhere in the draft too, maybe from the 3rd round on....

Our linebacking corps, with the exception of Lofton needs some major overhauling too....Brooking is done and Boley seemed to play most of this year with his head firmly lodged up his rear end....Wire isn't a long term answer and apparently Nicholas is, at best a rotational LB....

Strangely enough I believe that our secondary will look a lot better than people think when the front 7, and more specifically the front 4 gets some much needed new blood. Any secondary can look like crap if the opposing quarterback has enough time to do his taxes after every snap........Big question marks about Milloy, but Coleman looks good, Foxworth is fine (re-sign him), and I like Houston more than a lot of people on here do....

I agree with you about Jenkins....and he has already had an extension worked out a few weeks ago.......... ;)

Jenkins....already had an extension worked out a few weeks ago.......... ;)

Wonderful. I agree with you 100% i believe that our secondary is good enough and that we should focus on the pass rush. we cant fix it ALL at once, and i believe that if we get JA55 some help our Defence will improve dramaticlly. Mabey someone will slap some sense into Anderson, i would really hate to see him become a bust

Wonderful. I agree with you 100% i believe that our secondary is good enough and that we should focus on the pass rush. we cant fix it ALL at once, and i believe that if we get JA55 some help our Defence will improve dramaticlly. Mabey someone will slap some sense into Anderson, i would really hate to see him become a bust

Man, I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but I just don't see Anderson ever being anything more than just a mediocre DE or DT, at best....

He would have to improve a good bit to even be considered mediocre......... :(

Man, I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but I just don't see Anderson ever being anything more than just a mediocre DE or DT, at best....

He would have to improve a good bit to even be considered mediocre......... :(

Dont know but i wish he would develop under Abraham because i dont think hes got much left in the tank. (realistic) the only real person i like on the line other than 55 is the U.S.S. Babineau

(Donning Flame Suit)

Jenkins has already been extended - his contract is done. Thankfully!

You don't have to put on a flame suit, but overall our defense is below average and can't really hold a candle to our offense....

I think most of it begins and ends with our defensive line.....Abraham is virtually our only consistent pass rusher. Babs gets some push, but Anderson is MIA most of the time....Grady is helpful against the run but isn't the "run stuffer" that many on here imagine him to be. We need a big, physically dominating, middle-clogging DT who can also put some heat on the QB....I wouldn't be opposed to us finding another DE somewhere in the draft too, maybe from the 3rd round on....

Our linebacking corps, with the exception of Lofton needs some major overhauling too....Brooking is done and Boley seemed to play most of this year with his head firmly lodged up his rear end....Wire isn't a long term answer and apparently Nicholas is, at best a rotational LB....

Strangely enough I believe that our secondary will look a lot better than people think when the front 7, and more specifically the front 4 gets some much needed new blood. Any secondary can look like crap if the opposing quarterback has enough time to do his taxes after every snap........Big question marks about Milloy, but Coleman looks good, Foxworth is fine (re-sign him), and I like Houston more than a lot of people on here do....

I agree with you about Jenkins....and he has already had an extension worked out a few weeks ago.......... ;)

Agree completely, the front seven is the #1 priority..

We need DE, DT, (2) OLBs, and a SS.. that is not even including the depth that we need to add at those positions. Those are all positions we need starters in less than 2 seasons. It should be extremely clear that we need to focus 92% on defense in the draft and offseason. Really, I can see us drafting 1 RT and then the rest be spent on defense. Thats how serious the situation is when your discussing the future prospects of the defense.

**sigh** same gritz, same.

You know, it hurts too boss......**** that was a #8 pick we used on him.......an 8......too many of those in the Falcons past.... :angry:

The good news is that with TD we won't be seeing too many giant whiffs like that anymore......... ;)

(Donning Flame Suit)

Our defense really is that bad. You are only looking at results not how we got them. If we did not have such a good offense on converting 3rds and if we did not have such a stingy PC team we would have given up a lot more points and lost many of the games we won. Our defense is being propped up by two other teams and that is just unacceptable. We got into too many shooting matches with teams that should have been inferior to us. I am not saying we don't some help in a few other areas but this offense and PC team are super bowl quality. It is our defense that keeps dragging us down.

(Donning Flame Suit)

Actually, our Defense only allowed them to score 23 points. And at least one of the TD's was handed to them by a Ryan interception. So the Defense did a great job against a high-powered offense.