Ugh Ugh The Vick Circus Has Already Started

Wow, the announcers have kicked it off already. One of them, can't remember his name, has started the moral convo up.

He was saying stuff like if Ray Lewis can kill a person and come back....blah, blah blah.

Here we go.

It does make you wonder though, where does the dog killing rank on the criminal scale:

Lawyer Milloy - drunk driver

John Abraham - drunk driver

Michael Boley - wife beater

Jason Babineaux - dog killer

Michaell Turner - wife beater

William Andrews - extortion

He even mentioned how Healey the Thrasher player killed someone and got community service outside of the community. In another country.

Then Ray Lewis and countless others.

Here we go.

This offseason will be dominated by Vick. Trust me.

Me being the biggest Vick hater so called..Vick def deserves a 2nd chance without question..I woudnt even be opposed to bringing him back in Atlanta .As long as he knows he would never take another snap behind center again and will be used as a running back or prop player..The only problem with bringing him back here is the circus act that would follow and put pressure on Ryan..Vick did alot of great things for this franchise but he also tore down this franchise to shambles. ..If we cant get anything for him why release him ?Vick still has fans in the city of Atlanta and im sure some of the people like myself will forgive for his actions.

Wow, the announcers have kicked it off already. One of them, can't remember his name, has started the moral convo up.

He was saying stuff like if Ray Lewis can kill a person and come back....blah, blah blah.

Here we go.

It does make you wonder though, where does the dog killing rank on the criminal scale:

He even mentioned how Healey the Thrasher player killed someone and got community service outside of the community. In another country.

Here we go.

This is all a bunch of BS. I wouldn't make a fuss over it. :rolleyes:

Though this is going to get moved, please don't forget it was more than just killing a dog.

It was organized fighting, training, and GAMBLING on dogs!! The last is what can really get you in trouble with the league, because illegal organized gambling can lead to gambling on things other than just dogs, maybe even football. If you are upset with killing a dog, then you would have to hate Vets as well as many car drivers, but it was more than just that. To say it was just killings dogs is trying to slant it in the best possible light to make it seem ok, and not so bad. Ask Pete Rose what illegal gambling can get you.

Though this is going to get moved, please don't forget it was more than just killing a dog.

It was organized fighting, training, and GAMBLING on dogs!! The last is what can really get you in trouble with the league, because illegal organized gambling can lead to gambling on things other than just dogs, maybe even football. If you are upset with killing a dog, then you would have to hate Vets as well as many car drivers, but it was more than just that. To say it was just killings dogs is trying to slant it in the best possible light to make it seem ok, and not so bad. Ask Pete Rose what illegal gambling can get you.

Pete Rose was betting on his team ...Vick was betting on dogs..

Im sure there are ton of football players that play cards/ gamble on horses ..etc

Here's what you do if any media start a Vick Circus:

Ignore it. Do not speak of it on these boards.

Its that easy.

I choose to face reality. Not close my eyes and huddle up with a bunch of shiny happy Falcon fans that want sunshine blown up their as 24 hours a day. The reality is Vick is still our property and there is a good chance we will have to deal with him this year. A very good chance.

To answer the post above, I made this thread to ask what is morally worse? Dog killing, drunk driving, defrauding innocent people of their life savings, wife beating, driving down Lenox Road at 88 mph and killing someone or one of the many other infractions that pro ball players have committed. That was the main discussion on 680. It is a very adult discussion. If you can't handle it please move along.

Every caller on 680 The Fan discussed it without a bunch of hoopla. What's up with yall?

Rey Lewis didn't kill anybody. I hate to post on this but I'm tired of everyone always saying that. Rey Lewis let some of his former buddies hang out withn him and they wasted some dude. The big thing Rey did was try to cover for his buddies. Bad choice but I think he panicked. Who wouldn't. Your hanging out with some old buddies letting them experience the high life has you have. People start talking crap in the club and you get your guys and start to leave. This is what witnesses said was happening. The guys follow you out the club probably threating you and your buddies start fighting and pull out a knife and waste these guys. Your shocked and you all jump in the car and dip. He probably couldn't beilieve what happened and panicked. He's human and we can't pretend we know how we would react initually after something like that. He probably thought he would be implemented in it as he was until witnesses came forward then he decided to testify. He was a mess but you can't say he killed someone because some old friends that he was hanging with killed someone. Witnesses said he was trying to break it up and get his people in the car to leave. Does that sound like a killer? No. How would he know his friends would do something like that. He never has had problems before or after that. Everyone that knows him talks about his great character. I'm tired of hearing him be called a killer. Sorry for the rant. I've been holding that for years.

Pete Rose was betting on his team ...Vick was betting on dogs..

Im sure there are ton of football players that play cards/ gamble on horses ..etc

Yes, but Vick was a major player in an illegal organized gambling operation. The major end of that was on dog fights, but any illegal gambling is greatly frowned upon by the NFL, and can be reason for lifetime ban from the sport. The other fact was he was a major money man for the illegal activities, not just someone who brought one dog, but the guy who helped set everything up and funded major parts. If you are an illegal gambling operation, you may or may not limit what you gamble on, and it may and I repeat, may lead to all sport gambling if the money turns out right. This is why major sports leagues frown so heavily on it. People say it was just killing dogs, but forget it was so much more.

Here we go.

Here we go.

gossip with old ladies much?

Yes, but Vick was a major player in an illegal organized gambling operation. The major end of that was on dog fights, but any illegal gambling is greatly frowned upon by the NFL, and can be reason for lifetime ban from the sport. The other fact was he was a major money man for the illegal activities, not just someone who brought one dog, but the guy who helped set everything up and funded major parts. If you are an illegal gambling operation, you may or may not limit what you gamble on, and it may and I repeat, may lead to all sport gambling if the money turns out right. This is why major sports leagues frown so heavily on it. People say it was just killing dogs, but forget it was so much more.

I would gamble on 2 **** roaches

FalconFanSince1970 has always swung from Vicks nuts ..
No Swiftkick you were a Vick hater, long before the dogs. Everybody knows that.

Truth is I'm a Falcon hugger. I hug any Falcon that gets it done on the field. Including Vick, Milloy, Abraham, Babineaux, Turner, Andrews and Boley (before this coaching staff neutered him). I leave the criminal matters to the law enforcement agencies.

You see I realized many decades ago that the NFL is a microcosm of society. The same things that happen in your community will happen on this team. Even Arthur Blank has started to realize that. Heck his mentor owner Robert Craft hired Randy Moss of all people. Someone he said he wouldn't touch. When will yall wake up? Come on man half of yall drink four or five 12 ounces at the Dome then jump in a car and get on I-85. Some even have criminal records.

Trust me. I have moved on. Matt Ryan is my QB. For at least the next five years. Vick is gone. I have known this for at least two years.

Any good Falcon fan would want him to get a second chance. Mainly because he paid his penalty and secondly because we can get value for him if he is reinstated.

yes vick should have gotten punished, but its not crazy to admit that somthing got carried away in a dog crazed world. Now i am a dog owner and lover but even i think he got seriousley slammed for his crime. Not only that his rep with be ruined for his life. How much pain can a man take. I beilive in second chances and will be rooting for him wherever he goes as long as he stays out of serious trouble