All this Keith Brooking talk

Man, some of you guys need to chill out.

Brooking doesn't play as well as he once did, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not back next year. At the same time, he's spent his whole life and career in Atlanta and has been a loyal team player for a decade. So you can say he should be cut, and I won't disagree, but do it with respect.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have the same attitude when the HATE was going on the boards for YKW? Face it Highway 56 sucks and is done. I will respect him when he gets the balls to take his shotgun, put it on his shoulder and go sit in a deer stand for the rest of his days. If I was robbing the Falcons I would be a butt kissing class act too. I would never want to bite the hands that feed me. He is not getting old. He is old compared to what I consistently see out of 52 in Baltimore. He deserves EVERYTHING he is getting right now in the media and on the boards. He has been spared and pampered by you blind loyalist or should I say Brooking Nuthuggers for far too long! He has been exposed for the fraud he is. Happy New Year!!!

:lol:

And I agree. I'm not arguing that.

That's it then!! Dont defend him....this is all called 'constructive criticism' & you just have to live with it!

I'm from the Army.....no matter how many years you spent as a vet but, when you are on the battlefield you HAVE to deliver......you can't be a liability & get yourself & your crew members life in danger!

Whether its sign of aging or lack of skillsett or just unfortunate!! WHO CARES!!!

He gets PAID high salary to DELIVER!! & NOT EFF UP WITH AVERAGE PERFORMANCES GAME AFTER GAME!!!

If you cannot be a GAMECHANGER....you cant be a FALCON!!

Man, some of you guys need to chill out.

Brooking doesn't play as well as he once did, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not back next year. At the same time, he's spent his whole life and career in Atlanta and has been a loyal team player for a decade. So you can say he should be cut, and I won't disagree, but do it with respect.

this is corporate world you live in mate!! Smell the coffee!!

The kind of salary he gets paid .....just lookaround in today's economy.....you will have athletes in our league who will want to be your SLAVE & DELIVER when you ask them to!!

This is how I put it...& Brooking should know this as well....

"When RAPE iS inevitable.....layback & ENJOY!! "

Did you have the same attitude when the HATE was going on the boards for YKW? Face it Highway 56 sucks and is done. I will respect him when he gets the balls to take his shotgun, put it on his shoulder and go sit in a deer stand for the rest of his days. If I was robbing the Falcons I would be a butt kissing class act too. I would never want to bite the hands that feed me. He is not getting old. He is old compared to what I consistently see out of 52 in Baltimore. He deserves EVERYTHING he is getting right now in the media and on the boards. He has been spared and pampered by you blind loyalist or should I say Brooking Nuthuggers for far too long! He has been exposed for the fraud he is. Happy New Year!!!

This post says it all. IMO Brooking has never been a good lb. He has been Average at his very best....

I'm a Brooking fan and I hope he'll still be with us next season(but not starting), but I doubt it. Smitty and TD are looking at the tape right now and the slow play of Brooking will show. It was a good idea to bring him back to the weakside and I was optimistic that he would play as great as he had been before. I was disappointed and I think if Smitty and TD agrees with most of this board, then when the next judgement day occurs(the previous being the cutting of Crump, Coleman, etc.), Brooking will be amongst those gone. If they still see something in Brooking's play that convinces them to keep him, that's great. If not, then thanks for a good time, Keith. Hopefully Stephen Nicholas or a WLB we bring in from the draft or FA will get the job done.

I agree that he is getting old. I agree that he should not be starting next year...or even playing for the Falcons unless he takes a pay cut. With that said...

How about some of you all showing some dam loyalty to one of the all-time great players for this franchise. Regardless of how he played this past week, or this past few seasons, he deserves a little more repect from the fans at the very least.

I read some seriously hateful things said about Brooking and while I understand the disappointment, I think many need to step back and put this into perspective. Brooking has been nothing but a class act for the past 10 years. I think many of you all need to show alittle more respect for one of our all-time greats.

I for one hope he is back in a limited role.

I would rather see him as an assistant LB coach then watch him play in another uniform. But I do think he's not a starter. Maybe he could be like Steve Deburg and be a coach / backup.

How exactly do you do that? Parade, two page ad, gold watch ceremony or do you just give him his walking papers Tuggle, Jam, Chandler, Mathis, Dunn, Crumpler, Kerney style? Please tell me. I need some ideas. Seriously.

:lol: Funny... He was not even voted captain by the team on defense. Milloy and Abraham so much for that lame A$$ excuse about being a leader...

I agree that he is getting old. I agree that he should not be starting next year...or even playing for the Falcons unless he takes a pay cut. With that said...

How about some of you all showing some dam loyalty to one of the all-time great players for this franchise. Regardless of how he played this past week, or this past few seasons, he deserves a little more repect from the fans at the very least.

I read some seriously hateful things said about Brooking and while I understand the disappointment, I think many need to step back and put this into perspective. Brooking has been nothing but a class act for the past 10 years. I think many of you all need to show alittle more respect for one of our all-time greats.

I for one hope he is back in a limited role.

Good point. I'm not a hater of Keith. He's a great leader and is a role model for the young guys. In his prime, he was one of the most dominant linebackers in the league. Check out his stats. In a 4-5 or 3-4 year span, he was pretty d*** good. He's like a 4 time pro-bowler I think.

Don't underestimate him.

That's it then!! Dont defend him....this is all called 'constructive criticism' & you just have to live with it!

Jeez...did you even read the original topic? I am in no way defending his play or even that the Falcons should. All I am saying is that as fans we should show a little class instead of calling him nasty names.

And to the joker that asked if I did/felt the same way about YKW when all that stuff was going down: No I didn't. He wasn't a class act while he was here nor was he an alli-time great Falcon. I find your comparison laughable at best.

How exactly do you do that? Parade, two page ad, gold watch ceremony or do you just give him his walking papers Tuggle, Jam, Chandler, Mathis, Dunn, Crumpler, Kerney style? Please tell me. I need some ideas. Seriously.

uhmmmm.....Just to keep the facts straight around here Kerney opted out of the last 2 years of his Falcon contract to become a free agent. It was his decision to leave Atlanta........

blaze01102 wrote: "he is probably one of the smartest players... o wait... i take the film study and recognition back he bit on PA on 3rd and 16 with the season on the line. "

So did Curtis Lofton....can you point me in the direction of the thread on this forum that blames him for the 3rd and 16 play. Don't waste your time looking. I already know the answer... an I know why.

dipper wrote: "IM BLAMING THIS LOSS ON BROOKING.... " Then you are exposing yourself for the complete moron that you are. Do the names Milloy, Turner, Abraham, White, Jenkins mean anything to you. They cost us the game...particularly Mr. Michael "I was no where near that game changing fumble" Turner.

dipper wrote: "IM BLAMING THIS LOSS ON BROOKING.... " Then you are exposing yourself for the complete moron that you are. Do the names Milloy, Turner, Abraham, White, Jenkins mean anything to you. They cost us the game...particularly Mr. Michael "I was no where near that game changing fumble" Turner.

Did we not score after the Turner fumble...which really...the guy wasn't even blocked well...LOL!!