Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dipper

2009 Falcons Sports Bar

23 posts in this topic

Its embarassing that we (Atlanta Falcons Fans) can not find mutiple bar locations to watch the game. Yes we can go into any sports bar and watch the game but its usually the headquarters for another team. STATS seems to be the official sports bar but the location is not good nor is the parking, not to mention the cost...

If you have no clue what I'm talking about take a look: Jocks and Jills @ Galleria is the Patriots Headquaters, Chennye Grill @ Peachtree Battle is the Bills headquaters, Wild Wings @ Townecenter is the Steelers Headquarters, Sidelines @ Windy Hill is the Giants Headquarters.... Can we adopt a Sports Bar and have them cater to Falcons Fans....

You know several years back the Monday night radio show used to be done at Jeffreys in Suwanee.It was a great place.It would be nice if that could be a Falcons Bar.They have lots of memorabilia there.

You know several years back the Monday night radio show used to be done at Jeffreys in Suwanee.It was a great place.It would be nice if that could be a Falcons Bar.They have lots of memorabilia there.

How many folks are going to drive to Suwanee to watch a football game....

sidebar is cool smallish neighborhood type bar right within walking distance of the dome... in fact, I usually park there on gamedays for 4$.

I just went into TACO MAC on Piedmont in the Linberg plaza and it has 2 floors and its really nice

i love Taco Macs, and that is a pretty good location. Falcons fans are so spread out, there isn't going to be one convenient location.

Its embarassing that we (Atlanta Falcons Fans) can not find mutiple bar locations to watch the game. Yes we can go into any sports bar and watch the game but its usually the headquarters for another team. STATS seems to be the official sports bar but the location is not good nor is the parking, not to mention the cost...

If you have no clue what I'm talking about take a look: Jocks and Jills @ Galleria is the Patriots Headquaters, Chennye Grill @ Peachtree Battle is the Bills headquaters, Wild Wings @ Townecenter is the Steelers Headquarters, Sidelines @ Windy Hill is the Giants Headquarters.... Can we adopt a Sports Bar and have them cater to Falcons Fans....

I think one reason for that is because those sports bars have football packages so people who live in Atlanta but are fans of other teams can watch their team. Taco Mac is usually full of fans for many teams, but they usually show the Falcons game on the big screen and have the audio. If I do go to a sports bar to watch, that's where I usually go. Seems to be more Falcons fans at TM than some of the other places I've been to.

I think one reason for that is because those sports bars have football packages so people who live in Atlanta but are fans of other teams can watch their team. Taco Mac is usually full of fans for many teams, but they usually show the Falcons game on the big screen and have the audio. If I do go to a sports bar to watch, that's where I usually go. Seems to be more Falcons fans at TM than some of the other places I've been to.

So you go to the Taco mac on Piedmont.

I think also part of the problem is Atlanta is still a large percent of transplants. Which is why we have so many "headquarters" for other teams. I actually think it will take another generation or two before we become a city like philly or chicago or whoever where everyone was born there and just has this die hard allegiance. Have you ever noticed the average age at a braves game?? I would say its definetly gotten alot younger over the past couple years. My theory is that you had a lot of transplants in the 70's and 80's who had kids who were born here and there first real pro sports experience was seeing the braves of the 90's just dominate. Now those kids are old enough to buy tickets , go regularly etc.... and you are starting to see the begining of what I believe will be a "true die hard" fan base in the coming generations. In time we'll get there with all our teams.

FINALLY!!!! Someone who is trying to get a headquarters other then me! I thought i was alone out there, yeah I'm going to all the home games but what about the away, WE NEED A HEADQUARTERS! All last season I tried espn zone, jocks n jills, stats (parking + pricey to say the least).

Cant we just get a huge group in there, if the taco mac in midtown doesnt necessarily have a team designation (which from the looks of last season, doesnt) if we went in there every away game in a massive group, eventually we will make it ours, you know what i mean?

yeah i know where jefferys is and its a good suggestion but dang i dont wanna drive out there...the taco mac on piedmont sounds good

Any takers?

good point about all the transplants...we are a melting pot here full of people from other regions, i just think its about time we try and get the ball rolling on something you know what i mean?

good point about all the transplants...we are a melting pot here full of people from other regions, i just think its about time we try and get the ball rolling on something you know what i mean?

RITA the ATLFALCOHOLICS feel your pain... We use to go to Jocks and Jills on Peachtree until they closed down... I like Taco Mac in Midtown of Piedmont... That could be a good central location for everyone.. They have a pretty big upstairs... Now the question is, who is willing to take the time to talk with the manager to make that the Falcons Home for away games? Then who is willing to spread the word to the Falcons Fans???

What sports bar can give us the best deal on food, that is the ultimate question...

RITA the ATLFALCOHOLICS feel your pain... We use to go to Jocks and Jills on Peachtree until they closed down... I like Taco Mac in Midtown of Piedmont... That could be a good central location for everyone.. They have a pretty big upstairs... Now the question is, who is willing to take the time to talk with the manager to make that the Falcons Home for away games? Then who is willing to spread the word to the Falcons Fans???

What sports bar can give us the best deal on food, that is the ultimate question...

Man I WILL GO TO TACO MAC! lol, but I need to know that I have...and how many people I have...to back me up, because given I can convince the mgr to work out a deal we will still need to show them that we can bring in the business, I work around the corner from that taco mac so its no problem to get over there and try to handle some business! I'm tired of bar hopping and always being dissapointed when i see the crowd that im in company with to watch the games...SO UNEVENTFUL! We can spread the word on the message board, our sigs, other falcons groups (facebook, twitter), ANY WAY POSSIBLE!

Ok and sidenote...can I get in the falcoholics!? what do i need to do!

I need a place to tailgate and chat it up with other REAL fans! Anyone knows of people who tailgate at all the games and wouldnt mind me and possibly a friend of mine (whoever I bring to the game with me that day) to tailgate..I can bring supplies as well!

Oh and sidenote... if we're going to do this, we need to do this BIG..starting with the preseason Detriot game! Come on guys

Your hyped I see.... Use pre-season as a tool to find a good spot... We have 2 games to scout bars... We already know what Taco Mac is like so we can checkout Other spots in Atlanta...

Your hyped I see.... Use pre-season as a tool to find a good spot... We have 2 games to scout bars... We already know what Taco Mac is like so we can checkout Other spots in Atlanta...

Do you know of any other bar well located that can take in the fan. (God Bless Jocks & Jill) that was fun.

Man I WILL GO TO TACO MAC! lol, but I need to know that I have...and how many people I have...to back me up, because given I can convince the mgr to work out a deal we will still need to show them that we can bring in the business, I work around the corner from that taco mac so its no problem to get over there and try to handle some business! I'm tired of bar hopping and always being dissapointed when i see the crowd that im in company with to watch the games...SO UNEVENTFUL! We can spread the word on the message board, our sigs, other falcons groups (facebook, twitter), ANY WAY POSSIBLE!

Ok and sidenote...can I get in the falcoholics!? what do i need to do!

I need a place to tailgate and chat it up with other REAL fans! Anyone knows of people who tailgate at all the games and wouldnt mind me and possibly a friend of mine (whoever I bring to the game with me that day) to tailgate..I can bring supplies as well!

Hey Rita, i responded to one of ur posting on tailgating with the falcoholics.

not from the atlanta area but doesn't the espn zone show the games and the jack n jills in the cnn center?

i know they aren't really sports bars

not from the atlanta area but doesn't the espn zone show the games and the jack n jills in the cnn center?

i know they aren't really sports bars

Well had to give you bad news but, JOCK AND JILLS is no longer in the CNN center and ESPN ZONE is a challenge to get a seat... TACO MAC is the new location.

We went to North River Tavern and there was a lot of Falcons Fans there for the preseason games... I will be at the next few games so we will see on the next away game.

We went to North River Tavern and there was a lot of Falcons Fans there for the preseason games... I will be at the next few games so we will see on the next away game.

Where is North River Tavern...