QUIT CRYING AND COME TO DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY

1st-2nd:Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Cody has been an absolute monster this season for the surprising Crimson Tide, who are 7-0 at the moment and ranked No. 2 in the nation. The star defensive lineman is already known in Tuscaloosa as "Mount" Cody. Any why not? He stands at 6'5'' and 370 pounds, so of course he is a huge space eater in the middle of the defensive line. Cody is only in his first year at Alabama, having played in 2007 at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, where he recorded 31 tackles and 3.5 sacks to help his team post an 11-0 regular season record. He does not, therefore, have a ton of experience and a recent injury will hinder progress in that department. Cody is out with a sprained MCL and will miss at least two games, possibly more (in which case the Tide's clash with LSU could be in jeopardy for the big man). That's a minor drawback to his NFL stock, and 5.5 speed in the 40-yard-dash could be another deterrent. Then again, that can only be expected for a player of his size; and in fairness to Cody, he is actually quite agile and his lateral movement makes him a beast against the run. He has first-round potential for the 2009 draft, but one more season in Tuscaloosa--especially if this injury costs him precious time--could be a good idea.

My take: Has great potential. Only concern is 40 time. I run a 5.3 at full strength at age 13 and I play DT. Other than that, he has no glaring weaknesses.

Cody has been an absolute monster this season for the surprising Crimson Tide, who are 7-0 at the moment and ranked No. 2 in the nation. The star defensive lineman is already known in Tuscaloosa as "Mount" Cody. Any why not? He stands at 6'5'' and 370 pounds, so of course he is a huge space eater in the middle of the defensive line. Cody is only in his first year at Alabama, having played in 2007 at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, where he recorded 31 tackles and 3.5 sacks to help his team post an 11-0 regular season record. He does not, therefore, have a ton of experience and a recent injury will hinder progress in that department. Cody is out with a sprained MCL and will miss at least two games, possibly more (in which case the Tide's clash with LSU could be in jeopardy for the big man). That's a minor drawback to his NFL stock, and 5.5 speed in the 40-yard-dash could be another deterrent. Then again, that can only be expected for a player of his size; and in fairness to Cody, he is actually quite agile and his lateral movement makes him a beast against the run. He has first-round potential for the 2009 draft, but one more season in Tuscaloosa--especially if this injury costs him precious time--could be a good idea.

My take: Has great potential. Only concern is 40 time. I run a 5.3 at full strength at age 13 and I play DT. Other than that, he has no glaring weaknesses.

not bad bro. i run a 4.8. but im 17 and i play S/WR haha.

Mt Cody SUKS! Raji or Jerry All Cody can do is just Stand Up.

Jermaine Gresham burst onto the scene as a sophomore during the 2007 campaign. On a team that sported Malcolm Kelly and Juaquin Iglesias, Gresham (a 6-6 tight end) led the squad with 11 touchdown receptions. The 2008 season is off to a great start for Gresham. Through three games, he already has 13 receptions for 218 yards and four touchdowns.

At 6-6 and 261 pounds, Gresham is a big target in the red zone. Despite his size, Gresham has soft hands and will rarely drop a pass. If he continues to put up great numbers with the Sooners, Gresham could think about heading to the NFL a year early. However, this is not a good year for a tight end to declare early. With Wisconsin's Travis Beckum, Missouri's Chase Coffman, Oklahoma State's Brandon Pettigrew, California's Bear Pascoe, Boston College's Ryan Purvis and Ball State's Darius Hill, there is a ton of talent at that position.

With all that talent heading into the draft, Gresham could quickly slide down the draft board. Right now he should be considered on par with many of those quality players, but it will only take an injury or a poor performance at the combine to drop Gresham down a few rounds.

My take: I think he'll be a great red zone threat, having 23 td in 2 years. I just dunno bout his blocking skills cause we need a balanced TE and I haven't seen him play this year.

Taylor Mays, FS, USC

Although Mays is a Junior, many analysts believe he will be leaving Pete Carroll and the Southern California Trojans after his Junior year if he can continue to play at a high level and avoid injury. Mays has incredible speed for the safety positions. He has unofficially been timed under a 4.4 forty yard dash. Mays has been a full-time starter at the free safety position since the second game of his freshman year. Mays does have incredible speed and coverage skills, but is more recognized for some of the bone-jarring hits he delivers to receivers he encounters in the defensive backfield. He is rated the number 1 safety by Scouts Inc. He has continued to improve after his first two stellar years. He was a 2007 Sporting News first team All-American and a 2008 Playboy Pre-Season All-American, also was a second team Sporting News All-American as a freshman in 2006. Mays is a play-maker all over the field. He does a great job supporting the run from his free safety position and is excellent in coverage. He does very well in both zone and man coverage. At 6'3" he has the size as well as the speed and skills to play any position in the defensive backfield. If Mays can stay healthy and decides to leave school after the 2009 college football season, he will be the first safety to come off the board due to his superb speed, coverage and run-support.

My take: We'll have to trade up cause this guy's a stud. Slightly remind me of ed reed.

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

Jerry battled injuries (foot problem) throughout his freshman and sophomore campaigns, but he has remained healthy over the past one and a half seasons, and that has paid off. The defensive tackle was named Second-Team All-SEC by several media outlets as a junior in 2007, finishing sixth in the conference with 14 tackles for loss and second on the team in sacks and quarterback hurries. This season Jerry returned a fumble for a touchdown against Vanderbilt and he was credited with the crucial tackle when Mississippi stopped Tim Tebow on a critical fourth-and-one play that preserved an upset win over Florida. Jerry has made starts at defensive end, tackle, and nose guard during his collegiate career and NFL scouts will love such versatility. Durability, however, has to be at least a minor concern with him. He also has to get either bigger or faster (he is right around 4.9 in the 40-yard-dash on a great day) if he is interested in making a sizable impact at the next level. It would also help to establish himself as either a dominant pass-rusher or run-stuffer, whereas right now he is merely solid against both offensive sets. Jerry can cement himself as a second-rounder in April's draft if his stellar play continues.

My take: More versatile than Cody but is not as good of a pocket pusher. He'd fit us as a pash rushing Defensive tackle scince we Babs.

I'd rather have BJ Raji.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showforum=56

Lets go folks, let the loss go and lets get the ball rolling on this "process"

Plenty of time to get your mock drafts, player profiles and scouting notes together!!

Screw 1 playoff game, we need to win in the long run, consistently and it starts in the draft..

The 'process' has been going on for 42 years. Wonder when it ends...