FYI- Each Playoff Team Gets At Least 3 Nationally Televised Games (Sun.or Mon Night)

Not calling you out or anything...but that's 36 games (assuming they don't play eachother)....there are only 16 weeks of Monday games and 17 weeks of Sunday night games...that's 33 games

does this include Thursday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon nationally televised games? That would be the only way it would make sense...especially considering the 49ers, Raiders, Jets, and Browns get primetime games every year

Not calling you out or anything...but that's 36 games (assuming they don't play eachother)....there are only 16 weeks of Monday games and 17 weeks of Sunday night games...that's 33 games

does this include Thursday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon nationally televised games? That would be the only way it would make sense...especially considering the 49ers, Raiders, Jets, and Browns get primetime games every year

Yeah, but there were only 12 teams that went to the playoffs. Mind you, many of the playoff teams typically play each other which is probably the reason the Falcons didnt make the list in 2008

There were only 2 or 3 Thursday night games, exluding the NFL channel. Of course, this was prior to the NFL channel airing games. If you don't beleive me then go back to prior seasons and see how many times each playoff team from the previous year had nationally televised games.

Yeah, you might be right. But 12 teams each getting 3 games is 36 games...Mind you, I have no idea...you probably are correct, but in my mind it doesn't seem like every playoff team gets 3...that's a lot...although...I hope you are correct.

Good find if you are right though

Again, most of the games are matchups between teams that also made the playoffs, which kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Not always, but 98% of the time 2 playoff teams are matched up. For instance, they will not televise the Falcons and 49ers next year on Monday/Sun night. They will probably do the Falcons/Panthers or Falcons/Philly or Falcons/NY....get the picture.

just checked the Seahawks...they played 1 primetime game this season

not going to check anymore since it is already proven wrong, but that was the first team I checked

its possible for non-playoff teams to make a nationally televised game but not as likely as the ones that made it. For instance, I can guarantee you that the Patriots, who didn't make the playoffs, will have at least 2 nationally televised games. But they will play those games against other teams that did make the playoffs.

I wasn't going to say anything. We will get a couple probably but evryone guarenteed 3 is not true. I've been watching for over a couple decades and this would be the first time I ever heard something like that mentioned. I would prove it wrong but don't feel like looking crap up like that.

I dont know if that is the case or not but i would say we get 3 games on primetime. 1 monday night 1 sunday night and 1 on NFLN. I would also say we get 2 on the road and 1 at home. The road games being NYG(mon) Cowboys(Sunday) and home against the Panthers(nfln)

I don't believe guaranteed 3 is the case, but I am sure we'll get 2 primetime games next year. I'll lay money that one will be Carolina or Philly. I hate home night games since it's an 8+ hour round trip but I'll bet if we play Carolina, it will be a road game.

Either way, you can bet on Dallas, N.E, NYG, Baltimore and Philly getting 50 prime time games between them as usual.

Interesting theory but then why did a non-playoff team like the Browns get something like 5 prime time games this season (and obviously shat the bed)? Patriots and Cowboys (other non-playoff teams) will definitely get at least 3 each (but at least some of them against playoff teams). I'll bet we play at least Philly here during during prime time...