Jumping the snap.....

The ability of the Cards DL to jump the snap from the beginning was to me, one key to the game. When their entire front was firing off a split second before the snap tells me that their coaches had a "tell" on our snap count. Our failure to adjust led to several big plays on their part especially the fumble to start the second half. I assume we were going with a silent count to counter the crowd noise but somehow we were giving something away. Face it, the Cards D-line is just not that good. You watch next week and you'll see Carolina absolutely smoke this D-line. We failed to adjust and kept our offense out of sinc all day.

Matt Millen now a NBC Commenatator, and a ex old Lineman said the extact same thing on TV last night, He could tell the Cardinals had our snap count, I myself counted at least 5 times they were offsides, (only two were called). I am not understating what Murlurkey did for Matt Ryan and our Offense this year, but he should have been able to adjust to the Cardinals bumrushing our pocket last night, his failure to do so is telling. It made the Cardinals D-Line look like the 85 Chicago Bears at times.

The ability of the Cards DL to jump the snap from the beginning was to me, one key to the game. When their entire front was firing off a split second before the snap tells me that their coaches had a "tell" on our snap count. Our failure to adjust led to several big plays on their part especially the fumble to start the second half. I assume we were going with a silent count to counter the crowd noise but somehow we were giving something away. Face it, the Cards D-line is just not that good. You watch next week and you'll see Carolina absolutely smoke this D-line. We failed to adjust and kept our offense out of sinc all day.

Cardinals played out of their minds yesterday. They were amped up from the bad press they'd been getting and the quotes from our newspaper and such. Their defensive line isn't that good but heck they made the plays and did what they needed to do to win and should be commended for such. We failed to adjust to a lot of things that they were doing yesterday and it was frustrating as ****.

it was obvious that something was "tipping them off" on our snap count. They were instantly in the backfield whenever the ball was snapped. There were a few times where they were offsides and the refs didn't call it. I wish we would have had a chance to go with the no huddle offense more in the second half but for the entire 3rd quarter and half of the 4th quarter we really didn't even have the ball.

SPYGATE!

I wonder if the crowd noise had anything to do with our snap count. I'm guessing its hard to give the hard count with all the noise. Just a thought.

I wonder if the crowd noise had anything to do with our snap count. I'm guessing its hard to give the hard count with all the noise. Just a thought.

Yes it did.

It was all about crowd noise. I've attended every Cardinals home game since the place opened, and it was by far the loudest I've ever experienced. You could see it when the Falcons went no-huddle and Ryan had to run to each and every player to give them the modified play.

When it's that loud, the offense is limited in its ability to vary the snap count. If they're too cute with it, their tackles and tight ends will jump. Their only choice is to keep it simple, and therefore predictable.

I watched the game on DVR this morning and saw a total of one instance where the defensive player was offside and a penalty wasn't called. In every other case, the defense moved at the same instant the ball moved, instead of a fraction of a second later like we're used to seeing.

Whether or not the Cards advance past the second round, our fan based learned a valuable lesson: 60 thousand people screaming at the same time can directly affect the outcome of a football game.

Good luck next year. You have a very special young quarterback. Want to trade straight up for Matt Leinart?

Matt Millen now a NBC Commenatator, and a ex old Lineman said the extact same thing on TV last night, He could tell the Cardinals had our snap count, I myself counted at least 5 times they were offsides, (only two were called). I am not understating what Murlurkey did for Matt Ryan and our Offense this year, but he should have been able to adjust to the Cardinals bumrushing our pocket last night, his failure to do so is telling. It made the Cardinals D-Line look like the 85 Chicago Bears at times.

You can't always see what gives that stuff away until you watch film. Sometimes it's what the o-line is doing that tips it off. You catch stuff like that on film. Heck, Strahan and John Runyan has been going against each other for years and Strahan has dominated Runyan despite Runyan being one of the best lineman in the league over that time. Now on Fox, Strahan finally said that Runyan tips off what the play is by the way he postions his feet and hands when lining up. So all these years Strahan has dominated him and Runyan never knew why. Also he said thatn he can tell when McNabb is faking a snap and when the real snap is coming by how he positions his hands and when he does it. We have such a young team that it would have been nearly impossible to make midgame adjustments to that. They will probably watch a lot of film on this game to see if the o-line or Ryan himself was tipping it off. My guess it was both. Maybe Ryan and Baker. Both Rookies. No telling but hopefully they can figure it out.

It was all about crowd noise. I've attended every Cardinals home game since the place opened, and it was by far the loudest I've ever experienced. You could see it when the Falcons went no-huddle and Ryan had to run to each and every player to give them the modified play.

When it's that loud, the offense is limited in its ability to vary the snap count. If they're too cute with it, their tackles and tight ends will jump. Their only choice is to keep it simple, and therefore predictable.

I watched the game on DVR this morning and saw a total of one instance where the defensive player was offside and a penalty wasn't called. In every other case, the defense moved at the same instant the ball moved, instead of a fraction of a second later like we're used to seeing.

Whether or not the Cards advance past the second round, our fan based learned a valuable lesson: 60 thousand people screaming at the same time can directly affect the outcome of a football game.

Good luck next year. You have a very special young quarterback. Want to trade straight up for Matt Leinart?

No trade. lol. On HDTV with surround sound it sounded like one of the loudest games I've ever heard. It ranks up there with our Minn NFC Championship game in '98. No doubt about it. It was way louder than any other playoff game this weekend. It was also much louder than the NO game and Minn game we played this year. And those places are loud. I could feel the energy coming out of my speakers. I think that had a lot to do with it but they were getting tipped for sure. Even former players Matt Millen and Jerome Bettis said when you get that kind of jump that often then they had something on us. They said when you play for as long as they have you just know. No doubt about it. Good for them. It's part of the game. I just hope we can figure it out from the film. Good luck to you guys this year. I hope you go all the way. I for one wouldn't mind seeing Warner get another ring. I think the guy is a good guy.

You can't always see what gives that stuff away until you watch film. Sometimes it's what the o-line is doing that tips it off. You catch stuff like that on film. Heck, Strahan and John Runyan has been going against each other for years and Strahan has dominated Runyan despite Runyan being one of the best lineman in the league over that time. Now on Fox, Strahan finally said that Runyan tips off what the play is by the way he postions his feet and hands when lining up. So all these years Strahan has dominated him and Runyan never knew why. Also he said thatn he can tell when McNabb is faking a snap and when the real snap is coming by how he positions his hands and when he does it. We have such a young team that it would have been nearly impossible to make midgame adjustments to that. They will probably watch a lot of film on this game to see if the o-line or Ryan himself was tipping it off. My guess it was both. Maybe Ryan and Baker. Both Rookies. No telling but hopefully they can figure it out.

That was my guess, because if it was just snap count that could be changed and I'm sure was changed. It had to be something someone was doing to tip them off. Especially considering how the DE's stayed home on some of the run plays, and crashed in on our pass plays. They had to know something was coming up.

No question about it. I just hope they find it on film because before long more teams might figure it out. I hope it doesn't end up like Strahan and Runyan where Runyan never knows. Strahan was very precise about knowing if it was a run to the left or right or a pass by the way Runyan pointed his feet and placed his fingers. He knew ruight away so he then could put his focus on McNabb and he said when McNabb hard counts his hands remain kind of closed but when he is getting ready to really recieve the ball his hands spread wide open. So Strahan has known that for the his entire career against thise guys and they never knew. They just thought Strahan just was that good. I hope we figure it out.