I can't stop crying

pssh. i was sleeping good this morning, after staying up until 2 AM last night. the sound that woke me up was the TV saying "and antrel rolle returns the fumble for a touchdown and does the dirtybird!!!"

i was like man wtf! one of the toughest losses as a falcon fan and this is the **** i have to wake up to.

as of right now there is a whole lot of stuff i need to be doing today, since i procrastinated all week because i was so excited for this game. i dont feel like doing anything at all right now but hitting the fast forward button on my life to next regular season just so i can get this sour taste out of my mouth.

i really, really was not prepared for the offseason to come so soon.

Just be thankful we actually had a long season FOR ONCE.

I wasn't prepared to go this far. This season has been a dream for me. ^_^

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough Tandy..........

It's hard right after a big loss like this to just try and sooth your own feelings with "Well, we weren't supposed to win more than 1 game" or "We overachieved." When you're a hardcore fan of your team you feel each loss deeply, regardless of where you were "supposed" to be at the end of the season. You never know for sure when you are going to have an opportunity like this again. Nothing is guaranteed in this league.

However, you know the following as well or better than most on here:

We have a great owner dedicated to this franchise and this city.

We have one of the brightest young GMs in the NFL.

We have a great head coach who most of this roster would follow into any battle anywhere.

We have a helluva young QB who is only going to get better. He himself wouldn't allow any less.

I'm grieving with you right now. But I am also wearing (for the first time) my authentic white Matt Ryan jersey today.....because

I am proud to be an Atlanta Falcon fan.

It's tough Tandy..........

It's hard right after a big loss like this to just try and sooth your own feelings with "Well, we weren't supposed to win more than 1 game" or "We overachieved." When you're a hardcore fan of your team you feel each loss deeply, regardless of where you were "supposed" to be at the end of the season. You never know for sure when you are going to have an opportunity like this again. Nothing is guaranteed in this league.

However, you know the following as well or better than most on here:

We have a great owner dedicated to this franchise and this city.

We have one of the brightest young GMs in the NFL.

We have a great head coach who most of this roster would follow into any battle anywhere.

We have a helluva young QB who is only going to get better. He himself wouldn't allow any less.

I'm grieving with you right now. But I am also wearing (for the first time) my authentic white Matt Ryan jersey today.....because

I am proud to be an Atlanta Falcon fan.

I cried when I read this - but oddly - although I am still grieving - it is easier - just knowing you guys understand. Thanks, Grit - this really helps.

I am proud to be a Falcons fan - I guess I just have to go through the grieving process like all of us do. I don't know why, I just didn't see this coming - I haven't had this much faith in our team in years. I know in my head that is a good thing - it just caught my heart off guard.

Tandy- i feel your pain...Im hurt and disapointed ..This season has been one cinderalla story that truly wasnt suppose to end like this ...We were the feel good story of the NFL ...The future is bright and I know we can never tell what happens things have changed in Atlanta...Its going to hurt but your best bet is to take a time out from Falcons ..Spend time with your grandchildren and the finer things in life ...enjoy the time with your husband ..

When the off season begins come back to the Falcons and start the process all over again..

keep your head up Tandy ..

I understand your Pain.

My take on it:

As a Fan, when our team gets beat there are some losses that

I can swallow and some that I cant.

There was something wrong about last nights game that

was just down right wrong.

I have seldom if ever seen a D jump the snap that fast.

Funny how after the first few off sides we never got another

camera angle on the Line.

Being that I just logged on, I am sure that this subject

must have several threads by now.

The worst part about last night was the HATERS were out en mass.

It was a hard fought battle in the forums last night.

Gritz was a WARRIOR!

Just be thankful we actually had a long season FOR ONCE.

I wasn't prepared to go this far. This season has been a dream for me. ^_^

You know the best thing about being a Falcons fan .... knowing you are not alone in the joy and most importantly - in the pain. It does help!

We have the best fan base in all of football - I don't care what anybody says.

ooo thanks tandy my advice didnt help -_- -_-

Wow, this is the first time I've smiled all day - thanks, Swifty!

I was getting to you. I've been kind of staying off the boards a little - I know all the trolls are out in full force - I can't stand it right now.

All I can say is look where we were after last season, that's the one thing that helps me. I NEVER thought in a million years we'd in the shape we are for at least 3 or 4 years and to give me the excitement and joy the Falcons did give me this season was a very pleasant surprise indeed. I am as excited about next season as I have ever been. Can't wait for the draft, OTA's, the NFL combine, and training camp. Our future is wayyyyy too bright for me to let this keep me down. Sure I would have liked for us to win, but think about this- Matt Ryan is only going to get better, so is Roddy and well Turner is already good enough. Once we fix the defense the sky is the limit for this team! Hang in there Tandy we got a lot of more good times coming believe that... B)

It's not just the loss that hurts. Moreso, it's that the season is over. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next nine months.

That's how I feel too...football is my favorite sport hands down, but it's also the shortest sport season-wise, but we have a bright offseason to get excited about...this could be another defining time for the franchise.

Tandy, I feel your pain...but we have to execute better and not put ourselves in those type of positions. That's why we lost yesterday. I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of "us" being the reason why we lose games. We committed turnovers and played bad defense. If we lost and we played our game perfectly, then I don't think this game would've hurt as much. We must get accustomed to playing efficiently every game, error-free.

I know it hurts Tandy. I feel the same way. I don't mind losing, it was just the way we lost. The Turner fubmle was unbelievable, The 3rd and 15 where all of the linebackers were out of position, the non-existant offensive line. We just lost a very winnable game, and we all thought we were better than the team that played yesterday.

But time heals all wounds. This pain will pass as well, and you will rebound with the high hopes of what Dimitroff and Smith can do in the offseason. It's all going to be OK soon, but we must live through this now.

It definitely sucks, but a few things come to mind.

There is now FA and the draft. I have trouble projecting what exactly we need, but I trust Dimitrioff and Smith to address holes. Pat Yasinkas put it best yesterday, we got everything we could out of a team that played hard but ultimately lacked talent. It's the best place to be, I really think we can only add talent to this team. We have a great nucleus, solid role players and a coaching staff that has shown they can get results. We'll add OLB's, TE's, RT's, DT's, and DB's not just in the coming draft but in the coming years, because I think that is how long this team can be a contender for.

I know we won't, but imagine having another draft and FA like we did last year. 5 new starters or impact players - that would be phenomenal. Not to mention the return of some injured faces or emergence of some young guns: DeCoud (who was everywhere on ST yesterday, I don't begrudge him for that early hit, you've got to take the chance), Thomas Brown, Trey Lewis, Renardo Foster. ****, maybe Robert James will become a player, everyone else seems to have contributed in some way.

Also, end of the day, but it's just football. The next few weeks might be hard. In the middle of the playoffs you'll hear a lot about it, but you can always get away from the sport or these boards for a while. Read a good book, come back for FA and the draft.

What used to get me through not seeing the Falcons play into late January was being able to see the Braves play close after.

Well.... I dont think watching the Braves is going to make me anything but depressed this year. It's gunna be a loooooooong 8 months.

It's gonna be ok, Tandy. With that being said, I couldn't bring myself around enough to watch the Chargers Colts last night. Didn't want to watch football at all. Will make an attempt to watch the games today, but I'm pretty deflated myself. This team has a bright future. We will get there!!! We finally have grown men in charge. Go FALCONS!!!

but right now, I just hurt.

TANDY, FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF PAIN. JUST LIKE LIFE, THERES A LOT OF PAIN

INVOLVED. BUT JUST LIKE LIFE, THE PAIN EVENTUALLY LEAVES. PAIN MAKES US

APPRECIATE THE GOOD TIMES ..... AND WE HAD A LOT OF THEM. LIFT YOUR HEAD

UP. THEY HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF THE ATLANTA FALCONS. WE WILL

RETURN WITH A VENGEANCE. ........... WE'LL ....... BE ....... BACK !!! :rolleyes:

i suggest just staying away from the sports channel for a few days. that's what worked for me. i feel your pain being a Viking Fan i have gone through this type of a day a few times. at least it wasn't a blow out and you guys had a great.

2001 vs the Giants in the championship game

1998 vs the Falcon in the Championship game (*sigh)

Losses hurt when you become emotionally attached to a team - and the more you invest in high hopes for the team, the more it hurts when it doesn't turn out as expected. But that's a good thing though. All that means is that you are a true fan, and not a fairweather fan. You feel for the team when they do bad, and deservingly, you get to be more excited than others when the team does good.

In any competition, there is always a winner and a loser, and unfortunately, we were losers today. But time will pass and with enough work, the losers will become winners.

i am glad they didnt quit like someone said. it would have sucked to have the final score looking something like 40-17, or 37-17 or something. they kept fighting until the end and were in it until the final minutes. if anything happened this season, all i wanted was for us to compete every game and to not quit. they didnt quit all season.

i also agree with the person talking about the offseason. this wouldnt suck so bad if you were expecting to be looking at mock drafts, FA players, etc. today. a lot of us thought we'd be looking at some post game highlights, but BAM! its all over just like that. its not as bad as somebody dying, but it has a similar feeling. :(

I agree totally, waking up and listening to the radio and hearing the disgruntled fans and how they won. The refs, etc.... I was just glad it was competitve to the end. I think if it was Moras team, they would have thrown in the towel, but this team kept fighting. Which I think the future is bright. Compared to the last couple of years.

I also didn't want the season to end like this, and looking at the future, is hard right now. Its going to get better. Some Mock drafts are saying we'll get Alabama's Mt Terrance Cody the DT. But I agree with Boss its like not as bad as someone dying but it feels like a funeral. It is what it is. But its going to get better in time. ;)

Don't come in this thread and tell me "this guy" or "that guy" lost the game for us - because we got here as a team and we lost as a team. Doesn't mean it hurts any less. Don't come in this thread and tell me how proud I should be of our turnaround and how bright our future is - I know these things - I just have to heal this horrendous pain first.

All I can say is that this season was the most fun, brightest, exciting year I've had as a Falcons fan since the beginning and this loss was the most painful.

I hurt.

You are so right. We got here as a team, we lost as a team and we will grieve our loss as a team. Stand tall Tandy !! We all feel your pain.

Losses hurt when you become emotionally attached to a team - and the more you invest in high hopes for the team, the more it hurts when it doesn't turn out as expected. But that's a good thing though. All that means is that you are a true fan, and not a fairweather fan. You feel for the team when they do bad, and deservingly, you get to be more excited than others when the team does good.

In any competition, there is always a winner and a loser, and unfortunately, we were losers today. But time will pass and with enough work, the losers will become winners.

I agree, but we all know the Cardinals beat us fair and square yesterday, but we play them 10 times, we win 7 or 8. They got the luck of the draw yesterday at the most inopportune time for us. Another reason, a bye in the playoffs is important. If only the Saints had beat the Panthers......sigh...... :(

This is the toughest lost I have to take. This **** hurt so bad. I mean I'm 16 years old, and been a falcons as long as I can remember. The lost to Philly in the 2004 NFC Championship game didn't really affect because I didn't know how big of a loss it was. I really didn't understand it. The only loss prior to this one that really affect me was the Dallas game in '06. I was really hurt because I felt like we should of won that game. But this loss right here...idk..it might be a long time for me to recover from this. IMO, the referees were bullshitting throughout the whole game. What really pissed me off was when they called a timeout right AFTER the ball was snapped, where Turner could of had 80 yard run.

Watch the game again Tandy. I think it'll help. You'll see that even with all the crap we handed the cardinals, we still had some fight. It doesn't mean much in terms of wins and losses, but it shows character. If we had just gotten the ball again, it would have been interesting. We love you!!! :wub: Cheer up. I think there were several coaching decisions and execution issues that put us in the hole. But we still had a shot. Think about your feelings today compared to how you felt last season. We have a lot to be proud of, even though it still hurts.

Agreed.

Just like every other loss this season, we played 60 full minutes of football.

Just like every other loss this season we were in the game with a chance to win into the 4th quarter.

Just like every other loss this season we DID NOT QUIT!

As many times as I have seen this team lay down at the end of games over the past few years that was really impressive to me. That doesn't make everything "all better" for me but it does take some of the edge off the loss. It also gives me hope that we will be in alot of games next year where our previous teams would have just layed down and died!

Thank you guys for an amazing season!

GO FALCONS!!