Any of you who are actually mad at today's loss...

Let me be the first to say it: You're a Grade A, bonafide IDIOT. What'd you expect? A SB? C'mon. Get real.

We weren't even expected to win a game this season with a rookie QB (one who made ROTY, by the way) a rookie coach (who made co-COTY) and a bevy of other rookies and we still made the playoffs! We went 11-6 and got into a WildCard spot. We made the playoff with a bunch of jobbers on the o-line and d-lines with rookies mixed in. Like I said, we were expected to go at least 1-15 and we didn't. We had a storybook season and we should be proud of our guys. I know I am. After the Vick and Petrino fiasco, any true fan should be. Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff saved this franchise from endless shame.

If you're a fairweather fan, you should leave now and never come back. Most of you say that and yet, you always come back. If you're a troll from a team that we've beaten in the past, well, you're just sad.

If you're a Ryan hater (usually because you're a Vick (yechhh) fan) get used to seeing alot of Ryan because he has cemented himself as the face of the franchise for years.

No need to feel too bad about today's loss, folks. We finally have that firm foundation I've been waiting to see develop for years and if this season was any indication, I predict plenty of playoff games for this franchise.

GO FALCONS! B)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

not one bit, i just said to myself, "We're the Falcons in the Playoffs this year"? i thought we would have at the max 7 wins, but 11? and pretty much every rookie we drafted had playing time in that game, then i thought about the areas we DO need to improve on by the Draft or FA, i actually thought we had a shot to go to the superbowl when we got to the playoffs, and this was a rebuilding year, and is a rebuilding year, thats whats scary about this team

I am sooo happy for this post. I watched that game and when it ended, I felt like it was a great season and now we can see what happens in the offseason. We OVERACHIEVED the **** out of this season and other teams know the Falcons will be very formidable for years to come.

Let me be the first to say it: You're a Grade A, bonafide IDIOT. What'd you expect? A SB? C'mon. Get real.

We weren't even expected to win a game this season with a rookie QB (one who made ROTY, by the way) a rookie coach (who made co-COTY) and a bevy of other rookies and we still made the playoffs! We went 11-6 and got into a WildCard spot. Like I said, we were expected to go at least 1-15 and we didn't. We had a storybook season and we should be proud of our guys. I know I am. After the Vick and Petrino fiasco, any true fan should be.

If you're a fairweather fan, you should leave now and never come back. Most of you say that and yet, you always come back. If you're a troll from a team that we've beaten in the past, well, you're just sad.

If you're a Ryan hater (usually because you're a Vick (yechhh) fan) get used to seeing alot of Ryan because he has cemented himself as the face of the franchise for years.

No need to feel too bad about today's loss, folks. We finally have that firm foundation I've been waiting to see develop for years and if this season was any indication, I predict plenty of playoff games for this franchise.

GO FALCONS! B)

I agree......with almost everything.....It is okay to be upset(because we really beat ourselves in this game)....with that said all else in this post applies.....Truth is the future is bright.......We need to show support....I wish I could be there to welcome our boys back to Georgia....They deserve a standing ovation for this year.

We are glad you are with us Mike Smith

We are proud of you all......no matter what all the Crab apples say.....TRUE FALCON FANS BELIEVE THE BEST IS STILL YET TO COME AND WE WILL BE HERE WAITING to tell you how proud of you we are!

No fairweather fan here. I'm super proud of the team for what they accomplished this season. I realized we weren't going all the way in the playoffs.... my frustration at tonight's loss wasn't because we lost, it was because some of the boneheaded mistakes that were made. But, that said, we knew some of these weaknesses would hurt us eventually, and we knew we needed a couple of drafts to really solidify all our positions. I suppose it was just frustrating to see a couple of players (namely a veteran who you expect to be big in games like this) screw up so badly.

That said, I'm very excited about 2009, and what we will do in the draft to continue to build this emerging dynasty.

Yeah I am a little mad, but mostly because we didn't play as well as we could have. The Cardinals are NOT a better team than the Falcons and honestly I feel like we beat ourselves today.

Having said that...OF COURSE I am super pleased with this team. The future looks very very bright for us.

yes, we were predicted to do so awful this year, but after we finished 11-5 winning three straight, how can you expect us to accept losing to a falling cardinals team?

I see your point and I see Statick's point as well. I'm definitely upset about losing the game today because I felt that we were the better team. But games aren't played on paper and as we saw today with the Cardinals and Chargers win, everyone in the playoffs is 0-0 despite what happened in the regular season.

Hats off to the Cardinals, they proved that they belonged in the playoffs today and I wish they would've had a patroit, vikings or jets performance but hey it happens. The team got a taste of what it's like to play playoff football today, I'm sure they'll learn and grow from this. Hopefully with a good FA and a good draft we'll be here next year again. But one thing's for sure, we must upgrade our defense or we won't go far at all. Be upset today, tomorrow or however long it takes you to get over it but know that we'll be okay.

Just before Abraham made that tackle on the run around, I was thinking 'ah well, it was a fantastic season and hopefully we can build on this for next year'.

But after they f*cked up that 3rd and 16 I went absolutely ape. I was so looking forward to another Matty Ice comeback. I wanted another end like the bears game and got left instead with one like the Eagles game. Its not the loss that hurts so much, its that one play.

Evidently, you do since you took the timeout to post how you feel. :huh:

Be happy. We finally got a team we can be proud of.

of course i care what you have to say. youre calling me an idiot because ive been watching this team for 20+ weeks and not be mad that we lost a winnable game and that we were denied a chance to go downfield for the chance to score again? if we had won this one and lost the next round, i would feel totally satisfied becasue that would be really playing on borrowed time. if we played the panthers, i know we would have a little chance of winning and at least i get to see one more falcons game before its time to start it all over again.

im very proud of this football team. i predicted a 6-10 record before the season started and look at us at 11-6. i just got a tsate of playoff football and wanted more.

Just before Abraham made that tackle on the run around, I was thinking 'ah well, it was a fantastic season and hopefully we can build on this for next year'.

But after they f*cked up that 3rd and 16 I went absolutely ape. I was so looking forward to another Matty Ice comeback. I wanted another end like the bears game and got left instead with one like the Eagles game. Its not the loss that hurts so much, its that one play.

i feel your pain on that ONE play that denied us the chance to have us get the ball back and maybe score.