'King' Arthur and Co. face tough, upcoming decisions...

When you sign a FA, you have to look at his current worth. When we signed Turner, everybody thought he was a decent back, but it was questionable as to how he'd fair at starting RB. Signing him does not constitute signing a superstar, because he was not a superstar at that time. At that time, he was an OK back, that we overpayed for. Yes he turned out well (though one-dimensional), for every decent guy we sign that turns out to be good, we sign 2 or 3 guys that turn out to be poor. What has Von Hutchins done for us except be a Hartwell part 2?

Brady is a superstar and was resigned - that's true. However, he was resigned for less money then Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, and even has a smaller contract than rookie QB Matt Ryan. Why? Well he knows that the Patriots win - and that's because of their HOF coach. Signing with the Patriots gives you the best chance to win the ring - almost every player knows that.

Was Michael Turner the most sought after FA on the market? Yes. Was he signed to a fair market deal that is far from over priced? Yes.

Tom Brady was signed for less money because he knows that tying up money by over paying people like Ty Law is not how championships are won...its how teams grow old fast. Pioli knows this, Belichick knows this and so does Dimitroff. You sign the players that are absolutely vital to your team's success. Through proper drafting and talent development you fill the holes vacated by Bethel Johnson, David Givins, Deion Branch and so on and so forth.

The fact that I even pay attention to you is absurd. Von Hutchins goes on IR before the season starts and now he's Ed Hartwell? Because he got injured? Hartwell was OFT-INJURED and when he was in he wasn't effective. Hutchins was injured once, paid a fairly small salary and is an unknown quantity as of now.

The best teams in this league DO NOT overpay people. They build through the draft. How many Colts starters were drafted by a team other than Indy? Not one. How was Pittsburgh so successful for the last 20 years? By not giving Kevin Green, Joey Porter and Antwan Randle El huge contracts and insted drafting James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley and Santonio Holmes.

If you want to continue this argument we can...you will lose.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They also make more money than we do though contracts, jersey sales, etc...

The only reason why they make so much money is because people for some reason still have it in their minds that the Cowgirls are still "America's Team" they are full of egocentric "superstars" that doesn't bring in the big prize.

There is no reason to fill your team full of "me, me, me" players, there a reason why teams like the Steelers and Patriots stay away from those players.

If you are going to get big ego players, get them on defense. The defense can handle the egos, you don't players going out crying, "I'm not getting enough tackles, I can't help the team win if players don't run right at me" Look at the Ravens they have a defense full of super stars, and hey they won a playoff game.

Not to mention that just because you sign a big name player that they are going to continue to play at the same level, there are so many examples of "system players", plain and simple.

Oh and on the topic of why we are starting Ryan, I can tell you why, because ummm... he can play the position of QB and isn't out there trying to make the "highlight" play, he is out there to win the game. There are few QB's that can handle the pressure of the QB position and Ryan is one of them. I would hand him the ball any day, he has a work ethic in the same category as Manning and Brady, and they show just because you are good doesn't mean that you can't get better. I like a QB that thinks that way.

The only reason why they make so much money is because people for some reason still have it in their minds that the Cowgirls are still "America's Team" they are full of egocentric "superstars" that doesn't bring in the big prize.

There is no reason to fill your team full of "me, me, me" players, there a reason why teams like the Steelers and Patriots stay away from those players.

If you are going to get big ego players, get them on defense. The defense can handle the egos, you don't players going out crying, "I'm not getting enough tackles, I can't help the team win if players don't run right at me" Look at the Ravens they have a defense full of super stars, and hey they won a playoff game.

Not to mention that just because you sign a big name player that they are going to continue to play at the same level, there are so many examples of "system players", plain and simple.

Oh and on the topic of why we are starting Ryan, I can tell you why, because ummm... he can play the position of QB and isn't out there trying to make the "highlight" play, he is out there to win the game. There are few QB's that can handle the pressure of the QB position and Ryan is one of them. I would hand him the ball any day, he has a work ethic in the same category as Manning and Brady, and they show just because you are good doesn't mean that you can't get better. I like a QB that thinks that way.

Well, I was mainly talking about defense, and a good point you brought up. My bad for the confusion. I also confused myself.