A lot of things contributed to this loss, but This is pathetic

yes it was a number of things that lost this game for us, but the fact is that we had a chance to get off of the field on a 3rd and 16 and didn't come through.

DESPITE the turnovers, and mistakes, we still had a chance to win the game if we would have come up with a stop on that play. That is when you have to step up and get a stop. I'm sorry, but Brooking is incapable of getting the job done anymore.

Just like the Eagles game when Jennings muffed that punt, all of the mistakes before were forgotten because we had a chance to win the game. I was feeling the same way until that last play happened.

We had the same chance today and Brooking did just what he has been doing for quite some time now, which is getting beat.

If Boley would have made that mistake, I do not think ANYBODY on this board would defend him. EVERYBODY, would just throw him to the dogs and want him to be cut.

We stay loyal to Brooking because of what he has done and not for what he is doing. His time is up.

Do you really want to know what's pathetic!?

Going after one person when the whole defense had a horrible day.

You know what is pathetic?

Defending a has been....who allowed 3 1st down catches in his area of responsibility, 2 of them going to a scrub TE named Spach. 1 of them won the game for the Cardinals.

yes it was a number of things that lost this game for us, but the fact is that we had a chance to get off of the field on a 3rd and 16 and didn't come through.

DESPITE the turnovers, and mistakes, we still had a chance to win the game if we would have come up with a stop on that play. That is when you have to step up and get a stop. I'm sorry, but Brooking is incapable of getting the job done anymore.

Just like the Eagles game when Jennings muffed that punt, all of the mistakes before were forgotten because we had a chance to win the game. I was feeling the same way until that last play happened.

We had the same chance today and Brooking did just what he has been doing for quite some time now, which is getting beat.

If Boley would have made that mistake, I do not think ANYBODY on this board would defend him. EVERYBODY, would just throw him to the dogs and want him to be cut.

We stay loyal to Brooking because of what he has done and not for what he is doing. His time is up.

Send him to oakland. :lol:

Defending a has been....who allowed 3 1st down catches in his area of responsibility, 2 of them going to a scrub TE named Spach. 1 of them won the game for the Cardinals.

You really think that this play has won the game for the Cardinals!? A right ... a game is decided in 5 seconds, the other 59min 55sec are just "foreplay"

Dude please... the problem was the turnovers. The Falcons offense gave the Cardinals 9 points (the fumble for a TD and the safety). Sure Keith fuc*ed up and hes the easiest scape goat. He is NOT the reason we lost. Only giving the Cards offense 21 points, we should win that game.

Dude please... the problem was the turnovers. The Falcons offense gave the Cardinals 9 points (the fumble for a TD and the safety). Sure Keith fuc*ed up and hes the easiest scape goat. He is NOT the reason we lost. Only giving the Cards offense 21 points, we should win that game.

*nod*

We won as a team, we lost as a team ... we had a great season, way better than anyone of us expected, all the bashing is just plain stupid.

concur......Face it the cardinals made far less mistakes than we did.

Yes, he is the reason we 'lost'...as definable by a particular moment in time.

Before that moment, we stood a chance to mount a comeback, and Keith Brooking robbed us of it indefinitely...resulting directly in the loss.

Did our OL play like hot garbage...did Roddy drop a wideout 40 yard+ pass...did that fumble basically change the whole momentum of the game? Absolutely to all of those.

But Keith Brooking ******** mistake directly resulted in the Falcons not being able to win the game.

BINGO

10 zillion post by a gazillion posters who obviously did not watch the game.

If Boley had made that mistake, how would you React?

I would still be ticked off about how bad the OL played all day, and the fact that Milloy basically gave up two LONG TDs, and the fact that the offense gave the Cards 9 points today, and the fact that the DL couldn't even sniff Warner all day.........

To put it another way, the Falcons should have never been in a position to need that stop on 3rd down.

If Boley had made that mistake, how would you React?

The same way ... this game didn't lose us the game, it just sealed Arizona's victory ... we lost the game in the 58 minutes before that. Arizona wanted it more and made less mistakes that's what it comes down to in the playoffs. You could single out many players if you want to, but it doesn't make sense.

I'm happy with the season, we have many holes to address in the offseason and I'm sure TD will find a way to make us a better team in 09. Do I think we will win the Superbowl then!? No, but we will be competitive.

Exactly, you give any team 3 turnovers and they scored 14 points from those. Your playing with fire. THe whole defense had problems. I wish people would just quit with the Blame game. Dmitroff will make decisions. And I bet defense is on his top priority. ;)

BINGO

10 zillion post by a gazillion posters who obviously did not watch the game.

thats it....because I saw 1 player pull the dumbest stunt I have seen this season which directly resulted in us not being able to win the football game....that means I obviously didnt watch it

I never said our whole team didn't lay an egg, because we did as a team. Keith Brooking's ineptitude, however, was the final cause to the loss.

Just like if we had the ball at the 5 yard line with a minute left to go, and Turner fumbled at the goal line and AZ recovers...that would directly result in our loss.

On the biggest play of the day, the longest tenured Falcon makes the worst play, of many, of his career.

While Brooking didn't lose the game, his error led, directly, to the Falcons' inability to get the ball back on offense for the win.

Brooking has been done for a few years now, so this should come as no surprise.

Don't forget the INT he dropped today too.