Arizona and Philly Games Earily Similar

xFalconLord

All week, Falcons people talked about the Philly game as the thing everyone wished they could do over again. They said that if the offense got the ball back they would have scored to win the game by 1. Well, once again we put ourselves in a position to get the ball to the offense with a chance to win, and we didnt make the play. Against Philly it was Jennings muffed punt, today it was Brooking on 3rd and 16.

That Philly game was tough to swallow, and now we have a whole offseason to think about this one.

Dear lord help me.

The sting is already going away......I've never been so pumped up about a season before, even back in '98 (mainly because I wasn't really paying attention then like I am now, and the '98 season snuck up on me), so I can live with this loss. Our future looks bright and I can't wait till FA and draft day!

We look like we need more seasoning, we need more practice. We were out there today looking extremely limited. We were dominated up front (really on both sides) and we couldnt hang on to the football. Despite all of those things, we had a half time 3 point lead with the ball to start the second half.

I will never know what happened on that run play .. the split between the RG and RT was like 3 yards wide. Dockett came straight ahead pretty much unblocked.

Oh well, man.. oh well.

reminded me a lot of the Saints game in NO. We gave up the ball with about 5 minutes left and never got it back. I would have loved to see what Matty Ice could have done with 2 minutes left. Kid never got a chance. What a shame.

yeah not the philly game. the refs screwed up that one. they should have called the play downed, the phi could have challenged to see if it was actually touched.

All week, Falcons people talked about the Philly game as the thing everyone wished they could do over again. They said that if the offense got the ball back they would have scored to win the game by 1. Well, once again we put ourselves in a position to get the ball to the offense with a chance to win, and we didnt make the play. Against Philly it was Jennings muffed punt, today it was Brooking on 3rd and 16.

That Philly game was tough to swallow, and now we have a whole offseason to think about this one.

Dear lord help me.

Hey I got better memories of the whole season and guess what we have a competent GM that knows how to pick talent. Were going to be back. Ask you a question, did you like last year SO MUCH BETTER? Those memories to me were tons worse. ;)

Like Falconmamma said, I'm just very disappointed. We really could have beat them, even as awful as the Falcons played today. SOB, I thought this game was a lock. Arizona came to play, with a very good offensive scheme all around, and our d folded under the challenge. DAMMIT, I'm just not ready for the offseason to begin!!! :angry:

Like Falconmamma said, I'm just very disappointed. We really could have beat them, even as awful as the Falcons played today. SOB, I thought this game was a lock. Arizona came to play, with a very good offensive scheme all around, and our d folded under the challenge. DAMMIT, I'm just not ready for the offseason to begin!!! :angry:

Maybe the Hawks can make a playoff run to get us through the passing months..

Dude, no offense, but the D was not the reason the Falcons lost today. Had the offense not given up 9 points, this game would have been a LOT different. Sure, the D didn't make the play at the end, but they did make quite a few plays before that.

Put it this way, sure I am disappointed that they didn't win today's game, as I believe the Falcons are the better team. However, had you told me back in August that this team would be 11-5 and in the playoffs, I would have been doing cartwheels. So, all in all, this season has been a monumental success, IMO. Now, let's just hope they can take the success of this season on the field, and move forward with the same kind of success this offseason.