It's Official

Norwood32

Some mention shakey play by the O-line today which I agree with. However I think the Cardinals picked up something that allowed them to jump the count. It is hard for any O-line if the D-lineman start the play before you do...esp when refs refused to call 90% of the off-side infractions. I think the coaches will figure that out in the off season. Overall, our O-Line played well during the season (2nd in rushing & fewer sacks allowed). That being said, I wouldn't mind a little competition and depth on the O-line. However, I wouldn't make it the #1 focus. We were 21st defending the rush and 25th against the pass. Our focus should be defense.....OLB-S-DT with the first three picks, any order would make me happy.

GB

i been saying for weeks now that OLB is priority.

pick up a OLB FA and a SS

our 1st and 2nd rd picks needs to address OLB and DT

3rd or 4th rd SS/DE or OT (depending on a few players if still available)

we have 2 5th rd, move up or pick OLB.

BJ Raji, Sean Jones, Karlos Dansby, and any of the stud WLB in round 2(there are a lot).....This right here would fix a lot of problems.

the problem with me is i know there are alot of needs in our defense, but there is only 1 MAIN issue in our offense and that is a above average TE block and catch. with a TE we can become an elite offense. *sigh*

the problem with me is i know there are alot of needs in our defense, but there is only 1 MAIN issue in our offense and that is a above average TE block and catch. with a TE we can become an elite offense. *sigh*

the offense has done enough, you cant keep ignoring the Defense, just becuase we need a TE...TE can be developed, and a 4th rnd TE could get some playing time....we need a pass catching TE in the 4th rnd.

So you want to address the offense before the defense, even though you know we have more issues on defense than offense?

Makes sense.

:rolleyes:

We can pick up a quality TE in the 4th or 5th round (Bear Pascoe), we need to get some stud linebackers and linemen early in the draft. Coach Smith has said this is going to be a physical team that focuses on dominating the line of scrimmage. They are going to have to address the D-line and the linebacking corps to do that. TE is not top priority.

It does ... if you're the New Orleans Saints B)

Yeah, and like I added in my edit.... we're a team that's going to focus on dominating the lines. The defense isn't doing that at all right now. It should be obvious that we're going to address that over the off-season.

The OL was **** today. Dahl had by far his worst game of the season. He was responsible for that fumble recovery.

youre right that he got beat on it, but he wasnt the only one who got completely dominated by the dline jumping the snap. they were playing in our backfield all game today. hopefully ryan comes back next year with a better knowledge of how to work the snap count and how to keep them guessing with his cadence. ive never watched a game where the dline was getting so many good jumps off the snap, never. that was one of the worst, but he really couldnt do anything about it. the ball was snapped and dockett was practically already past him, all he could do was push him and it just moved him faster into turner. part of that is on ryan, part on dahl and part on our offense for not figuring out how to keep them from doing that for an entire game.

anyways, boley is as good as gone in my book, brooking is a role player in my mind next year, nothing more, we need RT help (clabo got abused today as well) as well as potentially C and RG help. not to mention we need pass rushing talent at DE and help at DT as well. and that doesnt even involve the secondary.

this team is still 2 years away from being filled out but hopefully with another good offseason this year we will break the back to back winning seasons curse next year. 9 wins or bust!

anyways, this will be a crucial offseason. i trust TD though. GO FALCONS!

-Mr. Offseason