• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First why would you call me a dumba$$?

Second, please tell me, show me, somehow try and prove to me why a FREAKING LB WOULD BE COVERING A TE IN A ZONE DEFENSE!!!!![/b]

Freaking ******.

You are the ******, trying to apply your knowledge from playing Madden 09' to a real football game. That was Brooking's blown assignment, you are the only asshat here who thinks it wasn't. I'll bet that Brooking himself will tell you that.

First why would you call me a dumba$$?

Second, please tell me, show me, somehow try and prove to me why a FREAKING LB WOULD BE COVERING A TE IN A ZONE DEFENSE!!!!![/b]

Freaking ******.

That was man coverage....watch the replay...you see Chevis run off of the line covering his receiver and Lofton 3 yards away from the running back where he was supposed to be. If it was zone why would the safties play that far back?..they wouldn't have had enough time to break on the ball..just like they didn't when Brooking blew his assignment.

Jedi-Falcon wrote: "KEITH BROOKING has done nothing but hurt this team all season long." yeah, that's generally what most people say about an NFL teams leading tackler (was again tonight). Just curious have you posted any criticism of Abraham, Milloy, Turner, White, or Jenkins tonight after the game. Turner lost the game for us...but you seem fixated on Brooking. You can get counseling for that sort of thing.

Jedi-Falcon wrote: "KEITH BROOKING has done nothing but hurt this team all season long." yeah, that's generally what most people say about an NFL teams leading tackler (was again tonight). Just curious have you posted any criticism of Abraham, Milloy, Turner, White, or Jenkins tonight after the game. Turner lost the game for us...but you seem fixated on Brooking. You can get counseling for that sort of thing.

Turner has to depend on the O-line to open up holes for him...Keith Brooking had to depend on himself to cover the tightend. He blew it.

First of all I fully support the opinion that Brooking is done, or at least shifted to a backup roll. I DO agree that on more than one play, the OLD Brooking would have done something different....

What i dissagree with is throwing the man into the fire....

He's a lifelong falcon that played his **** heart out since DAY ONE.

The man has NEVER failed because of a piss poor attitude or giving up.

He screwed up, his prime is long gone, and he's due to be replaced...

NOT because he gave up

NOT because he has no heart

NOT because he didn't try

NOT because he didn't want it

NOT because of complacency or ego

NOT because of off the field lawsuits and personal matters

His shortcomings are strictly due to the toll that age and his position has played on him.

and because of that I ask KINDLY that the reigns be handed over to the next generation.

His leadership is why he has been there, and for that he has played his roll.

The man doesn't deserve to thrown in the fire.

just my humble opinion

First of all I fully support the opinion that Brooking is done, or at least shifted to a backup roll. I DO agree that on more than one play, the OLD Brooking would have done something different....

What i dissagree with is throwing the man into the fire....

He's a lifelong falcon that played his **** heart out since DAY ONE.

The man has NEVER failed because of a piss poor attitude or giving up.

He screwed up, his prime is long gone, and he's due to be replaced...

NOT because he gave up

NOT because he has no heart

NOT because he didn't try

NOT because he didn't want it

NOT because of complacency or ego

NOT because of off the field lawsuits and personal matters

His shortcomings are strictly due to the toll that age and his position has played on him.

and because of that I ask KINDLY that the reigns be handed over to the next generation.

His leadership is why he has been there, and for that he has played his roll.

The man doesn't deserve to thrown in the fire.

just my humble opinion

WHo cares WHY he is not doing his J O B? Just get him out of here. A lot of people have been saying that his LEADERSHIP skills are what makes him invaluable. Some people don't know the difference between INVALUABLE and WORTHLESS.

Prolific wrote: Keith, never play football again. Oh, don't you worry about that...he will play again next year...probably with a team that has fans that are a little more "white friendly"...like New England. I'm sure the Falcons' management is getting a little tired of the Brooking bashing even when they know its not deserved. There are quite a few teams out there who would like to have the leading tackler (and solo leading tackler amongst the LB corp) of a playoff team. The Patriots are not stupid...they went after Wes Welker who nobody had bothered to even draft...San Diego cut as a walk-on (the kid barely got a D-1 ride) and he has given them more receptions than any other player in the entire NFL for the past two years...they ain't stupid. The same ignorant bloggers on here, who hate Brooking so much, didn't even vote the leading receiver in the NFL for the past two years to this years pro-bowl. I know what the bias is. I know why Brooking is hated so much. Hopefully, he will be in New England next year.

Brooking didn't lose the frigiing game all by him self it was a team effort . even if we would have gotten the ball back theirs no guarantee we could have won .it's funny how that it's always one guys fault when we lose but when we win we praise the team as a whole. what about the td that milloy gave up give me that 7 points back or how about the 7 that turner gave up. so come on look at the big pitcher that's all.

Prolific wrote: Keith, never play football again. Oh, don't you worry about that...he will play again next year...probably with a team that has fans that are a little more "white friendly"...like New England. I'm sure the Falcons' management is getting a little tired of the Brooking bashing even when they know its not deserved. There are quite a few teams out there who would like to have the leading tackler (and solo leading tackler amongst the LB corp) of a playoff team. The Patriots are not stupid...they went after Wes Welker who nobody had bothered to even draft...San Diego cut as a walk-on (the kid barely got a D-1 ride) and he has given them more receptions than any other player in the entire NFL for the past two years...they ain't stupid. The same ignorant bloggers on here, who hate Brooking so much, didn't even vote the leading receiver in the NFL for the past two years to this years pro-bowl. I know what the bias is. I know why Brooking is hated so much. Hopefully, he will be in New England next year.

What a way to play the race card. Good job *****. I just moved from New England and I dont know what you mean by white friendly. They want winners period. Have you seen the Boston RedSox roster? Probably mostly Spanish players. Have you seen the Celtics roster? mostly African Americans. The city of Boston embraces winners period. And thats what i want for my team. Keith would suck if he was black white or green. His time has passed. Nobody can escape father time dude

That was man coverage....watch the replay...you see Chevis run off of the line covering his receiver and Lofton 3 yards away from the running back where he was supposed to be. If it was zone why would the safties play that far back?..they wouldn't have had enough time to break on the ball..just like they didn't when Brooking blew his assignment.

If it was man coverage then maybe a TE should have been covered by a LB, but I'm pretty sure they were in a 4 - 7 two deep zone. I could be wrong because I didnt watch the replay, but the CB's dropped straight back and the nickleback dropped middle third deep. It looked like both LB's took the flats away and the short seam but honestly I wasnt watching them. My mouth was on the floor when the Falcons only rushed 4.

You are the ******, trying to apply your knowledge from playing Madden 09' to a real football game. That was Brooking's blown assignment, you are the only asshat here who thinks it wasn't. I'll bet that Brooking himself will tell you that.

Wow, another genius on the MB. Dude, my 16 year old son plays madden. I have a little more real time experience playing football than sitting on my a$$ playing video games.

The team lost as a whole,But the D cost a chance to make a come back. Brooking is to slow, but so are Lofton and Wire for that matter. they couldn't bring down slooooow E James for a loss or beat him to the hole. I don't know if it was foot speed or just not being in the right spot, but they weren't there. none of the LB's can pass cover except maybe Boley once in a while. The D line was bad we hardly got pressure without a blitz, and our secondary looked slow against those all pro WR's, especially on that Boldin play. I know our managment will fix this, I would like to have a defense that can tackle the man on the spot with no yac or yardage after contact, like PITT , BAL or PHILLY. The future looks bright for us , but it's hard to take loosing to the Cardinals. Still with all our mistakes, one more easy stop (3rd and 15) and we might have had another come back like the Bears game, But we'll never know..

If it was man coverage then maybe a TE should have been covered by a LB, but I'm pretty sure they were in a 4 - 7 two deep zone. I could be wrong because I didnt watch the replay, but the CB's dropped straight back and the nickleback dropped middle third deep. It looked like both LB's took the flats away and the short seam but honestly I wasnt watching them. My mouth was on the floor when the Falcons only rushed 4.

If the nickleback had dropped middle third he would've been in the vincinity. Milloy came from 6 yards past the first down marker to make the tackle.

Even if it wasnt his fault for the loss, HE HAS SUCKED ALL SEASON.

He has hit the wall known as age, time to rejuvenate that position with youth, not an old man. Oh and one more thing, for a WLB he sucks, he aint derrick brooks.

He couldnt even hold brooks jockstrap in his prime, if you want to know what a WLB is suppose to do, look at brooks stats in his prime.

Brooking never made any impact plays.