Bama = FAIL

Uga_dog1

they accepted a scheduled game with Bama...and ROLLED TIDE...LoL

I'm not saying Utah isn't a good or even great team. I've been saying they're quietly one of the best teams in the country all year. I said that if Florida lost the SEC Championship and had to play in the Sugar Bowl, that I wanted Utah to be the opponent because I thought it would have been a great match-up. I've been watching Utah ever since Meyer was there and I fell in love with the spread offense. I was screaming for Meyer before he ever decided he was leaving Utah.

But the fact is is that they play in a crap conference, and have a pretty weak schedule. They did what good teams with weak schedules do though, they dominated it, and then they dominated the 2nd best team in the SEC and have went undefeated and won a BCS bowl for the 2nd time in 4 years.

They have proven that they're for real, now they need to start playing some of the big boys, or try to join the Pac-10.

I'm not saying Utah isn't a good or even great team. I've been saying they're quietly one of the best teams in the country all year. I said that if Florida lost the SEC Championship and had to play in the Sugar Bowl, that I wanted Utah to be the opponent because I thought it would have been a great match-up. I've been watching Utah ever since Meyer was there and I fell in love with the spread offense. I was screaming for Meyer before he ever decided he was leaving Utah.

But the fact is is that they play in a crap conference, and have a pretty weak schedule. They did what good teams with weak schedules do though, they dominated it, and then they dominated the 2nd best team in the SEC and have went undefeated and won a BCS bowl for the 2nd time in 4 years.

They have proven that they're for real, now they need to start playing some of the big boys, or try to join the Pac-10.

now hold up man.. i have to take issue with some of what you said above.. yes they don't play in a very strong conference, but their schedule was pretty dang good.. yes they beat a down michigan team (but who knew what they scheduled it), they beat oregon state the same team who beat usc, they beat tcu and byu and now alabama.. that is 4 quality wins. i can see an argument that they deserve a shot at the title game.. because iMO they do after tonight's win.

Yes its time for one of the pitiful Washington teams to go. Utah would be a great replacement. And start a conference championship for the love of mike.

Yes its time for one of the pitiful Washington teams to go. Utah would be a great replacement. And start a conference championship for the love of mike.

nah, leave the washington teams in there, they've had a few down years but they are still big programs.

Just add Utah and Boise and make it the pac-12, then play a championship game.

now hold up man.. i have to take issue with some of what you said above.. yes they don't play in a very strong conference, but their schedule was pretty dang good.. yes they beat a down michigan team (but who knew what they scheduled it), they beat oregon state the same team who beat usc, they beat tcu and byu and now alabama.. that is 4 quality wins. i can see an argument that they deserve a shot at the title game.. because iMO they do after tonight's win.

Oregon State would lose to USC 9 out of 10 times if they played 10 times in a row, I don't think anyone takes Oregon State seriously except for people trying to make the argument that the Pac-10 is a good conference. BYU is a joke. You want to talk about a team with a weak schedule. BYU played 2 ranked teams all year and got destroyed by both of them, and then turned around and got beat by an unranked Arizona in their bowl game.

I give credit to Utah for beating TCU, because I think they're a pretty good team, and a well coached team, and of course their domination of Alabama is the biggest accomplishment for them all year.

Like I said I think Utah is a great team, thought so all year long. By beating Alabama the way they did, they proved that they weren't a team who rode a weak schedule into a BCS bowl like Hawaii did last year, and that they definitely deserved to be there, and now that this is the 2nd time they have gone undefeated, I think it's time to start considering them a little more in the national discussions. They are well on their way to being the next Virginia Tech, and I would not be shocked to see them in a title game in a few years. But if they really want to be taken seriously, they gotta put a USC, or a Florida, or an LSU or Oklahoma or Texas on their schedule and beat them.

They're not going to be able to win the Mountain West and have that be their argument for a shot at the National Championship.

EXACTLY...

If UF had Utah's schedule, they'd go undefeated every year...

or UGA, but year with a weak schedule, all you do is over prepare for the big games, and use the weak games as off weaks. thats what USC does. play great times early with lots of bye weeks, then murk their division with ease.

FYI Oregon St would wipe the floor with LSU

Wow I am not getting why you think Oregon State is so good tonight.

First you said they'd beat Bama and now LSU?

I see absolutely NOTHING impressive about Oregon State at all, other than the fact that they have a complete fluke win over a team they couldn't beat again even if someone was holding all of their families hostage.

The Beavers lost to every ranked team they played after USC.

Don't get me wrong, LSU sucks too, but I don't think Oregon State would wipe the floor with them at all. Neither one of them would wipe the floor with the other.

or UGA, but year with a weak schedule, all you do is over prepare for the big games, and use the weak games as off weaks. thats what USC does. play great times early with lots of bye weeks, then murk their division with ease.

None of those SEC teams played any tougher of a schedule than USC did..

Florida played 1 semi tough team Bama & lost at home to a 20-25 ranked team

USC played 1 semi tough team Ohio State & lost on the road to a 15-20 ranked team

cmon GF, you cant be serious, turn off the homer blinders for one sec.

LSU is a joke this year.. LSU's D would be ran all over by the Rodgers boys.

Did u see what they did to USC's D, that is the best D in the nation & they destroyed them.

Ok State could have beat them, but i dont think they would have murked them, but yea LSU isnt the same team.

Wow I am not getting why you think Oregon State is so good tonight.

First you said they'd beat Bama and now LSU?

I see absolutely NOTHING impressive about Oregon State at all, other than the fact that they have a complete fluke win over a team they couldn't beat again even if someone was holding all of their families hostage.

The Beavers lost to every ranked team they played after USC.

Don't get me wrong, LSU sucks too, but I don't think Oregon State would wipe the floor with them at all. Neither one of them would wipe the floor with the other.

well first off Oregon St is a good ball club, I watched them beat my team fair & square.

What I said was they could hang with Bama, I doubt Bama's suspect D could stop the Rodgers brothers but at the same time OSU's d is super suspect as well but I could see it as a push.

Speaking of the Rodgers brothers you forget Oregon State played without Quizz for the last 4 games of the year. Quizz is arguably one of the best freshman backs in the Nation. What he did against USC wasnt a fluke.

you cant compare Bama & LSU, LSU is a cupcake this year, they have holes & questions everywhere. Oregon State would run all over them.

OU played tougher schedule than UF or USC.

as of today not by much

Meat & Potatoes is what I am talking

Ok played Texas

USC played Ohio State

Florida played Bama

if Ohio State somehow beats Texas USC & UF will get the edge.

like I said at the beginning of the year, its about how it looks at the end.

90% of Ok's schedule has been exposed in the Bowls