Miami controversy may help UGA with TE Orson Charles.

SacFalcFan

Controversy surrounding Miami’s football program may benefit UGA in recruiting one of the nation’s top tight ends.

Orson Charles of Tampa’s Plant High has said he favors Miami over Georgia, Florida, and Florida State.

However, Plant coach Robert Weiner told the Miami Herald that “A player of mine won’t play for [Miami coach] Randy Shannon” again.

Weiner has been disappointed with Shannon’s treatment of former Plant quarterback Robert Marve. He was finally released from his scholarship at Miami this week, but with the stipulation that he cannot transfer to an ACC, SEC or Florida-based school.

Weiner told the Herald the transfer requirements were “the last line in a series of slaps in the face” toward Marve. Weiner also said Charles definitely won’t be attending Miami now.

Charles led Plant to last month’s Class AAAA championship. The team’s quarterback, Aaron Murray, has committed to UGA.

Only reason he won't go is because of what happen with Robert Marve. And Plant isn't a pipeline for Miami. So I doubt they even care. But Robert Marve Sr was talking with Auburn about his son transferring there. This was before Tommy Tuberville left. So Tuberville and Randy Shannon are very good friends. And Tuberville has alot of respect for Miami because of his time there. So Tommy told him that Robert Sr called him about his son transferring. And when Robert Marve and his parents requested a meeting, Randy decline. And now Robert and his parents are upset because of the restrictions with his release. He can't go to any Florida teams. And he can't go to an SEC or ACC school. Jacory is better anyway. Too much drama for one player

Only reason he won't go is because of what happen with Robert Marve. And Plant isn't a pipeline for Miami. So I doubt they even care. But Robert Marve Sr was talking with Auburn about his son transferring there. This was before Tommy Tuberville left. So Tuberville and Randy Shannon are very good friends. And Tuberville has alot of respect for Miami because of his time there. So Tommy told him that Robert Sr called him about his son transferring. And when Robert Marve and his parents requested a meeting, Randy decline. And now Robert and his parents are upset because of the restrictions with his release. He can't go to any Florida teams. And he can't go to an SEC or ACC school. Jacory is better anyway. Too much drama for one player

well this helps uga with orson charles.. it has been down to uga or miami for a while now..

I remember Brandy Shannon saying how Florida kicking a field goal at the end of the game was going to be bad for our program.

I guess he didn't take into account that being a giant doosh will do the same thing.

Urban Meyer is your coach, and you dare call another coach a "giant doosh"? Ohh the irony :lol:

Sure does. With Orson, Aaron, and AJ your offense will be set. You think Murry will redshirt even if Stafford leaves?

no aaron won't redshirt IMO if stafford leaves.. they want to give him reps now and i know i will hear from uga fans what a waste I will have to disagree.. i thought joe cox would have been helped had he received playing time the year before.. we can't go into the following year with no guys with any experience on this team at the qb position.. that spells doom.

yeah our offense will be something with orson, aaron, aj, wooten, and marlon brown. richt is doing a great job targeting skill position talent at the wr and te spot.

no aaron won't redshirt IMO if stafford leaves.. they want to give him reps now and i know i will hear from uga fans what a waste I will have to disagree.. i thought joe cox would have been helped had he received playing time the year before.. we can't go into the following year with no guys with any experience on this team at the qb position.. that spells doom.

yeah our offense will be something with orson, aaron, aj, wooten, and marlon brown. richt is doing a great job targeting skill position talent at the wr and te spot.

Marlon Brown could be you guys steal. I'm very impressed with him. Well if Stafford does stay, that will only help Murry I believe.

I don't think Urban Meyer is a doosh, and he's definitely not on the level of Randy Shannon even if he was.

Don't really give a **** what other people think of my team's coach to be honest though.

Only a few Gator fans will actually admit he's one. Urban can only hope one day he can be Pete Carroll.

Marlon Brown could be you guys steal. I'm very impressed with him. Well if Stafford does stay, that will only help Murry I believe.

yeah right now uga leads with marlon brown.. he has two more visits with uf and ut, but in the end i believe uga gets him. we have wooten already and he is something.. i also didn't mentioned artie lynch.. he is one of the best combo TEs out there with terrific hands.. we will be adding this class IMO wooten, orson charles, artie lynch, marlon brown, cameron kenney (he is a very very talented juco wr), and you add in a guy like carlton thomas who is very close to what noel devine is and this offense has a great chance with aaron murray in the future.. and this coming year in 2010 the state of georgia has some of the best wideouts in the country..

Only a few Gator fans will actually admit he's one. Urban can only hope one day he can be Pete Carroll.

And why is it exactly that Urban Meyer is such a doosh, what has he done other than coach the Gators? Everyone hates on the Gators and whoever coaches them because that's the cliche, cool thing to do in college football- hate the Florida Gators. "They're classless scumbags who wear jean shorts TEE HEE!!!!!!" Gay.

Why would Urban hope that he was Pete Carroll? I'm pretty sure he's perfectly happy being Urban Meyer and being on top of the college football world right now.

Oh yeah Sac I'm still looking for the USC/UGA game. We know the Rose Bowl won't give it to us. But lets meet up in Pasadena next year anyway for the BCS title game

you know that would be awesome.. a bcs championship game with usc/uga.. even if we lose i would just love to be in that game..

yeah right now uga leads with marlon brown.. he has two more visits with uf and ut, but in the end i believe uga gets him. we have wooten already and he is something.. i also didn't mentioned artie lynch.. he is one of the best combo TEs out there with terrific hands.. we will be adding this class IMO wooten, orson charles, artie lynch, marlon brown, cameron kenney (he is a very very talented juco wr), and you add in a guy like carlton thomas who is very close to what noel devine is and this offense has a great chance with aaron murray in the future.. and this coming year in 2010 the state of georgia has some of the best wideouts in the country..

I'm excited to get a chance to see some of those WR and just good ole Georgia high school football period. I played at Long Beach Poly, school leads all high schools with the most NFL players. But I been here in georgia for about 7 years now. And this is the best place to watch a high school football game. Haven't been to Texas to watch a game. I heard some say that's the best place.

I'm excited to get a chance to see some of those WR and just good ole Georgia high school football period. I played at Long Beach Poly, school leads all high schools with the most NFL players. But I been here in georgia for about 7 years now. And this is the best place to watch a high school football game. Haven't been to Texas to watch a game. I heard some say that's the best place.

You haven't seen a Georgia highschool football game until you've been to the Brookwood/Parkview game in the Big Orange Jungle. That place is absolutely insane.

And why is it exactly that Urban Meyer is such a doosh, what has he done other than coach the Gators? Everyone hates on the Gators and whoever coaches them because that's the cliche, cool thing to do in college football- hate the Florida Gators. "They're classless scumbags who wear jean shorts TEE HEE!!!!!!" Gay.

Why would Urban hope that he was Pete Carroll? I'm pretty sure he's perfectly happy being Urban Meyer and being on top of the college football world right now.

Pay no attention to the Pete Carroll comment. Just my hate for the Gators :lol: spewing out. I do like Superman though. He is one of the best I've seen. And I hates Urban antics. I'm very familiar with the way he conducts business, when it comes to recruiting. I've been knowing all about his antics since he was at Utah. Just to get this correct, cause I don't want rumors, his antics aren't illegal. I just don't think a moral person should do those things.

i have been to a few games in texas when i was out there and i have been to high school games in california and in florida, and georgia high school ball is as good as any of them IMO.. I just love high school ball.. i saw some great ball in the dome, but nothing beats watching some of the heavyweights get together.

You haven't seen a Georgia highschool football game until you've been to the Brookwood/Parkview game in the Big Orange Jungle. That place is absolutely insane.

I have seen Brookwood play. I know they had Rennie Curran the game I saw. Can't remember the team. But Rennie was a monster in that game

i have been to a few games in texas when i was out there and i have been to high school games in california and in florida, and georgia high school ball is as good as any of them IMO.. I just love high school ball.. i saw some great ball in the dome, but nothing beats watching some of the heavyweights get together.

I do see a difference in speed in Cali high school football teams. Cali has some very very fast players. But Georgia has some big linemen. And they actually play defense here. I also love high school football games. I know the kids are out there for the love. Because they want to play with their friends.

Ok UGA guys Im going to lay it out there for ya. I was told today by the same guy that told me about Murray 2 weeks before he commited that as of today Orson has already commited to UGA. He and Murray have appearently been a package deal for awhile. Happy New Year.

Ok UGA guys Im going to lay it out there for ya. I was told today by the same guy that told me about Murray 2 weeks before he commited that as of today Orson has already commited to UGA. He and Murray have appearently been a package deal for awhile. Happy New Year.

let me just say I love ya man.. No homo.. and back at you.. :D