Contacting another team for permission to talk to a coach

Bring It

No team............any team................should be allowed to contact another team for permission to talk to one of it's coaches or FO staff while their season is still alive.

It's a distraction. It's unfair. It's selfish.

Why the NFL allows this is a mystery.

There should be a heavy penalty, like a loss of a draft pick to the team who you are tampering with.

Anyone agree ??

Well I understand and can agree with your logic. It has to be a major distraction for a coach to be involved in the playoffs and a job interview.

But at the same time, we this was banned, then a lot of the top coaches would miss out on an opportunity to improve their careers. Many of these team want a hire NOW, and will not wait until the end of the SB to address their needs. So I can also see why this is allowed. At least they do give the current team the right to refuse the interview, but it is a distraction nonetheless.

Well I understand and can agree with your logic. It has to be a major distraction for a coach to be involved in the playoffs and a job interview.

But at the same time, we this was banned, then a lot of the top coaches would miss out on an opportunity to improve their careers. Many of these team want a hire NOW, and will not wait until the end of the SB to address their needs. So I can also see why this is allowed. At least they do give the current team the right to refuse the interview, but it is a distraction nonetheless.

It is a distraction.

During the playoffs, any distraction large or small can hurt a team. It is grossly unfair to the players especially, who many times only get into the playoffs a very few times in their careers.

Hello....We did the exact same thing last season....its up to Mularkey if he wants to accept, or he can pull a Jason Garrett or Steve Spagnoulo and say he wont listen to any offers till after the Playoffs...Its that easy.....The Lions are just doing the same thing we did last season, so to get upset about it is ridiculous

Hello....We did the exact same thing last season....its up to Mularkey if he wants to accept, or he can pull a Jason Garrett or Steve Spagnoulo and say he wont listen to any offers till after the Playoffs...Its that easy.....The Lions are just doing the same thing we did last season, so to get upset about it is ridiculous

Hello.........

I disagree.

DISTRACTION.

NFL should cut it out !!

Sorry.

Hello.........

I disagree.

DISTRACTION.

NFL should cut it out !!

Sorry.

Hello........

I disagree as well,

Whatever you say buddy, but I'm pretty sure you were all for this team trying to interview Garrett and Spagnoulo, the 2 hot names of last off-season...both were in the Playoffs...Also, Mike Smith was in the playoffs last year and we interviewed him....not to mention a few other Candidates from the playoffs like Jim Schwartz in Tennessee...If it was the Falcons in the off-season and we needed a coach, your opinion on this would definitely be different. Its only a distraction if you let it become one, so oh well.

Talk about being a HYPOCRITE!

oh yea, we even interviewed Tony Sparano, and Jim Caldwell, both them also had teams in the playoffs.

Teams are only allowed to contact other teams during the wildcard week. This was just started a couple of seasons ago. Before that, teams had to wait until after the season to contact a team still playing.

The reason for the change was mentioned by FalconFanForLife, good coaches were getting passed over because teams didn't want to wait until after the season just for an interview. Assistants from good teams were getting shafted by not having the opportunity to interview for jobs. And as The H.N.I.C. 2! mentioned, we did the same thing last year, so getting upset is being totally hypocritical.

Hello........

I disagree as well,

Whatever you say buddy, but I'm pretty sure you were all for this team trying to interview Garrett and Spagnoulo, the 2 hot names of last off-season...both were in the Playoffs...Also, Mike Smith was in the playoffs last year and we interviewed him....not to mention a few other Candidates from the playoffs like Jim Schwartz in Tennessee...If it was the Falcons in the off-season and we needed a coach, your opinion on this would definitely be different. Its only a distraction if you let it become one, so oh well.

Talk about being a HYPOCRITE!

oh yea, we even interviewed Tony Sparano, and Jim Caldwell, both them also had teams in the playoffs.

OK, here's some facts for you to chew on :

Last year, we DID NOT interview Mike Smith while Jax. was still playing. We couldn't have.

Jax. last game was against the Patriots on Jan. 12, 2008, which of course they lost.

Arthur Blank hired Thomas Dimitroff on Jan. 13, 2008.............ONE day later.

TD found Smitty and hired him on Jan. 23, 2008.

No tampering.

No distraction for Jax.

Thank you.