How can people say Matty Ice

We are suppose to be the worst team in the NFL. And why are we suppose to be the worst team? Lets review.

We are starting a rookie QB, there will be ups and downs but mostly downs for the kid.

Turner has b een a career back up, the so called experts don't knowif he can take the full grind of the NFL season.

The O-line is absolutely horrible, a lot of out problems are up front, hopefully we will draft a highly talented o-lineman early next year.

Well the QB is suppose to struggle this year so the WR wont see to much action through the learing process of Matt Ryan

Defense

D-Line not that good only bright spot John Abraham

Brooking is old, Lofton in the middle could take time to work out and be productive

Secondary is thee to stop the run, our safeties wont do to much in the passing game

CB's small but could be a bright spot this year

How we ended up

QB Matt Ryan Rookie of the year

Turner 2nd in the league in rushing and hasnt shown signs of slowing down

The O-line is nasty and physical, and they dont give up a lot of sacks.

WR's Roddy wow Jenks quiet yearbut very solid, Harry has shown he can be a game changer, Finn quiet go to guy on 3rd downs

Defense

Babs has come alive since the contract extension, Abe should be in the pro bowl, Jamal people dont want to admit it but with him we stop the run way better with him than without him.

Brooking does look old but what a leader, Lofton makes tackles and will lay anyone out if he gets the chance.

Secondary, Erik Coleman is light years better than Chris Crocker, Lax maker is a big hitter and great leader.

CB's have struggled, but with the addition of Foxworth we are way better, and does anyone notice teams don't throw on Jackson.

All this means:

11-5 in the playoffs and people doubt Matty Ryans's ab ility to get it done, and our CB's i guess wont even be on the field because they are gonna throw all over us. We double the 1 and 2 WR to the best of our abilty, but knowing we cant every play, Chevis Jackson could show on Saturday he can be a shut down corner because that will be Kurts option if Fitz and Bolden are doubled

He struggled but in the end we won because he refuses to lose, Bucs in overtime he ran with it, he put it on his shoulders that final drive, against the vikings sure he fumbled but he went for the endzone, He is a winner and if you don't respect that and if teams don't he will take matters into his own hands and lead us to victory. To say he will struggle this week is ignorant. Everybody is suppose to play good except the rookie QB right???

He struggled but in the end we won because he refuses to lose, Bucs in overtime he ran with it, he put it on his shoulders that final drive, against the vikings sure he fumbled but he went for the endzone, He is a winner and if you don't respect that and if teams don't he will take matters into his own hands and lead us to victory. To say he will struggle this week is ignorant. Everybody is suppose to play good except the rookie QB right???

Because some people want to be able to say, "HA! I told you so! No rookie can play like that!!" at the end of the season.

He has struggled by the way, it's just that there are so many bad QBs in the league right now that his struggles look brilliant by comparison.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's struggled. Yes we won so why are you making such a big deal out of it. All players in the league struggle, so what am I suppose to close my eyes and ignore the obvious?

Matt has been wonderful for us, you can't ask a rookie qb to do more than he's done. But he has hit the rookie wall and struggled a bit in the month of December...

So what? What's your issue?

I dont really believe in the rookie wall unless you are a running back or linemen...

Ryan is 'struggling' because he is making some bad throws/decisions and teams are getting some film on him.

I think he will be fine this week....but we really shouldn't have outrageous expectations for him to continue to dominate, with him being a rookie signal caller and all.

I dont really believe in the rookie wall unless you are a running back or linemen...

Ryan is 'struggling' because he is making some bad throws/decisions and teams are getting some film on him.

I think he will be fine this week....but we really shouldn't have outrageous expectations for him to continue to dominate, with him being a rookie signal caller and all.

Agreed.

I would also add that teams have been dropping more into coverage. Makes it harder for Ryan, but better for Turner. In the past 3 games Turner has gone over 150 twice. I think Ryan is struggling as a rookie and teams are beginning to adapt, but the fact we continue to win points to a balanced offense.

I think the stats are against him. I heard something on NFLN the other day to the effect that rookie QBs in the playoffs were 2-6? I think they said Roethlisberger, and another lesser known QB being the only ones to win playoff games.

But I look at it this way. All he has done this year is surprise me even further when I thought I could be surprised no more from him. I don't rule anything out, and although I respect this Cards team we're getting ready to face - I truly believe this is a very winnable game for our Falcons.

Doesn't change the fact that he's struggled the past 4 weeks.

I'm not really going to make an arguement but I just want to state a few things. First he has only struggled 3 weeks. The one loss to NO he threw for over 300 yards. He made and early bad throw that was intercepted and his last throw was out in front of Finn. In between his first drive and his last drive he was brillant. As far as his 3 week slide, no doubt about it. He has definitely struggled a bit. The thing that makes him a winner is even though he was struggling he still made some great throws in everyone of those games to help us win. So while he was struggling he still made enough plays to help contribute to the wins. As far as the rookie wall, I was thinking the same thing but he and Mike Smith has said he's fine. Ryan said he still feels really good right now. His struggles have been a product of good defenses with the exception of last week when his accuracy was way off. Every QB has a day when their accuracy isn't there. The great ones battle through it and find ways to win. That's what Ryan did. He made about 7 or 8 bad throws in that game but he made at least 5 or 6 throws that helped us win. I'm not disputting his obvious struggles but I am disputting that he hasn't done enough in all 3 of those games to help us win.

I think the stats are against him. I heard something on NFLN the other day to the effect that rookie QBs in the playoffs were 2-6? I think they said Roethlisberger, and another lesser known QB being the only ones to win playoff games.

But I look at it this way. All he has done this year is surprise me even further when I thought I could be surprised no more from him. I don't rule anything out, and although I respect this Cards team we're getting ready to face - I truly believe this is a very winnable game for our Falcons.

The stats have been against him all year.The one thing those stats don't show is that he is better than any other rookie to ever play. Withthe exception of Marino but that's arguable. He has defied all rookie stats. Doesn't mean he won't struggle but those stats don't mean he will either.