#2 Harris or Mickens Battle Houston

SS

Milloy could rotate with rookie SS

VICTOR OR MIKE EITHER ONE COULD GET THE JOB DONE

Victor Harris, Virginia Tech

Height: 6-0. Weight: 195.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

Projected Round (2009): 1-2.

12/13/08: Macho Harris returned two interceptions for touchdowns this year. He had six picks total, along with seven passes broken up. An All-ACC First Teamer.

5/17/08: A play-maker who has seen time at receiver and kick returner. Like Brandon Flowers, Victory Harris would operate best in the cover-2.

2007: Macho Harris, who had five interceptions as a junior, has decided to stay for his senior season after declaring for the draft.

Harris, who doubles as a kick returner, started all 13 games as a sophomore.

Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.

Projected 40 Time: 4.45.

12/13/08: An All-America Second Teamer, Mike Mickens had 66 tackles, nine passes broken up, four interceptions and a pick-six.

7/22/08: Mike Mickens has done a good job putting on some much-needed weight, gaining about 15 pounds in less than a year.

5/17/08: Mickens had six picks and six pass breakups in 2007. A solid kick-returner, Mickens took two interceptions back to the house in his career. I still have concerns about his lacking size.

2007: Named to the All-Big East second team twice in his collegiate career. Mike Mickens has recorded three picks in the first three weeks of the 2007 season. He desperately needs to put on some muscle.

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

Height: 6-0. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

12/14/08: Became an All-Pac 10 first-teamer, thanks to 82 tackles, 6.5 TFL, six passes broken up and a pick-six. If Patrick Chung runs a 4.4, he could find himself in the first round.

2007: A tough tackler with speed and versatility, Patrick Chung has decided to stay for his senior season after declaring for the 2008 NFL Draft.

Chung just doesn't miss football games; going into the Arizona State contest, he's making his 34th straight start. He had four picks and two sacks as a sophomore.

I'd take Alphonso Smith over either of those guys in a heart beat. I don't care if he's little, the kid has the biggest heart in the world and plays about 6'3 from his 5'9 frame, where as Grimes plays about 5'6 in his 5'8 frame.

but that size will hurt him against bigger receivers. Grimes plays hard, but his size hurts him and I think it will hurt Smith too.

that is the dumbest **** I ever heard. You cannot judge somebody because of what school they go to. It wasn't the school it was the person.

Hakim you don't know what you are talking about. The problem is perception. Virginia Tech has had quite a few problems with their football team in terms of criminal activity and the Falcons have been burned on more than one occasion by VTech draft picks. If the Falcons do draft a VTech player all that will be dredged up again and that player will be run through a microscope. Victor Harris already has a shooting incident at his apartment that was under question. The NFL GMs do not have much confidence in players coming out of Beamer's program because he and his people are known to cover up problems. You can cry all you want about it but those are facts and the fact is the Falcons organization wants no part of any controversy real or perceived.

Hakim you don't know what you are talking about. The problem is perception. Virginia Tech has had quite a few problems with their football team in terms of criminal activity and the Falcons have been burned on more than one occasion by VTech draft picks. If the Falcons do draft a VTech player all that will be dredged up again and that player will be run through a microscope. Victor Harris already has a shooting incident at his apartment that was under question. The NFL GMs do not have much confidence in players coming out of Beamer's program because he and his people are known to cover up problems. You can cry all you want about it but those are facts and the fact is the Falcons organization wants no part of any controversy real or perceived.

Well said. It's stupid to insinuate that the culture of the locker room at VA Tech has contributed nothing to the character of the players they have turned out in the league. The Hokies have a thuggish culture and it shows.

Besides, I think DJ Moore is a much better prospect. Trevard Lindley as well. Both are better players than Harris, and they have better character and work ethic too.

Everyone who brings up "No we're not getting him he's from VT" needs to get hit upside the head.... hard.

Dude, you need to step down. You're not going to do crap to anybody. The fact is WE WILL NOT DRAFT ANYBODY FROM VTECH. That is a fact for the reasons I have already stated. The Falcons will not get burned again by VTech.

Dude, you need to step down. You're not going to do crap to anybody. The fact is WE WILL NOT DRAFT ANYBODY FROM VTECH. That is a fact for the reasons I have already stated. The Falcons will not get burned again by VTech.

lmfao step down!!! Your the one throwing the word "fact" around haha. Why do kids even go there anymore if they are labeled thugs as soon as they step on campus?

lmfao step down!!! Your the one throwing the word "fact" around haha. Why do kids even go there anymore if they are labeled thugs as soon as they step on campus?

Listen I'm not trying to start something usually I agree with your posts but the Falcons have been burned by players from VTech. Like I said if they draft someone from VTech all the bad stuff gets dredged up again. You may not agree with it but it will happen. The Falcons are as likely to draft another guy from VTech as they are to let Vick come back to the team which is to say there is no chance. It may not be fair but that is the reality. I for one think YKW got a raw deal with a 2 yr prison term for fighting dogs. There are people that molest children that freakin walk.

I also hope YKW will play again and be successful in the league. I think one bad thing that happened to YKW was the coaching change from Reeves to Mora. Mora was juvenile and provided no discipline or leadership the very things that could have helped YKW to get his life straight. I heard Blank say today that YKW deserved another chance to play and I hope Goodell will not stand in his way.

We're not going to draft anybody who's nicknamed himself Macho. I would think after a whole year of Mike Smith and co. y'all would have figured out the kind of character we're looking for in players. A guy who goes by "Macho," isn't it.

Listen I'm not trying to start something usually I agree with your posts but the Falcons have been burned by players from VTech. Like I said if they draft someone from VTech all the bad stuff gets dredged up again. You may not agree with it but it will happen. The Falcons are as likely to draft another guy from VTech as they are to let Vick come back to the team which is to say there is no chance. It may not be fair but that is the reality. I for one think YKW got a raw deal with a 2 yr prison term for fighting dogs. There are people that molest children that freakin walk.

I also hope YKW will play again and be successful in the league. I think one bad thing that happened to YKW was the coaching change from Reeves to Mora. Mora was juvenile and provided no discipline or leadership the very things that could have helped YKW to get his life straight. I heard Blank say today that YKW deserved another chance to play and I hope Goodell will not stand in his way.

There's no doubt that we will look a lot closer outta the guys coming from VT. But if someone has a clean record, is a good player that would be a perfect fit, I don't see how we could just pass up on him because of what past players have done off the field. This isn't even about Macho, i don't even want him lol.

I also think Vick should be allowed to come back and play.

There's no doubt that we will look a lot closer outta the guys coming from VT. But if someone has a clean record, is a good player that would be a perfect fit, I don't see how we could just pass up on him because of what past players have done off the field. This isn't even about Macho, i don't even want him lol.

I also think Vick should be allowed to come back and play.

I agree I don't want Macho either we are set at CB if we sign Foxworth but I am telling you that the Falcons don't want anything to do with the perception of VTech being a school of thugs. That is the perception and while it may not be fair I just don't think the Falcons will go down that road.

I not only think Vick will be back but I think he will be very, very good. Just think how motivated he is and he is a heck of a competitor. I can think of quite a few teams that need a QB. Chicago, Detroit, KC, San Fran, etc. Whatever team he goes to will be my second favorite team.