Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakim 24 wrote: "How Many SOLO tackles does he have? I know that I hardly ever see him take down the ball carrier by himself. I am watching the game" Well now, I'm glad you asked. Apparently, now you think stats are important aferall. Here they are big fella: Brooking 71 solo tackles; Lofton 67 solo tackles; Boley 63 solo tackles. So he leads our LB corps with solo tackles that you say he doesn't make "because you watch the game". I'll give you a little hint....go to Google and type in NFL.com and pull up Atlanta Falcons stats. Its an amazing trick which reveals a wealth of information. As for your "game breaker" brother Milloy (note changed spelling so as not to offend), he has 76 solos and one whole int. for the season. Amongst our LB corp there is onlly one sack. But its all Brookings fault according to you and the threads here.

I have one simple question that you have failed to answer.

When was the last time he had a TFL? INT? FF? Fumble Recovery?

And I am watching the game man. I don't care what those stats say because it is always different numbers from different sources.

And have you ever noticed that Lofton and Boley come off of the field in certain situations? Lofton in Nickel and Boley in Run situations? Yes they do and they almost have the same amount of Solo tackles that Brooking does, playing in a significantly reduced amount of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hakim dude: First you tell me that Brooking has no solo tackles. When I point out that NFL.com shows that he leads our LB corps in solo tackles you claim that numbers lie, etc. And now you claim that Brooking plays a significant number of snaps more than Lofton and thats why he has more solo tackles. ROTFLMAO for sure. Back to logic 101. Does he have the solo tackles, but have more because "he plays more than Lofton & Boley" or does he not have any solo tackles like you stated before. Wow. ****, dude it ain't easy to hit a moving goal post but I'll give you credit for moving it better than most.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I love his leadership. I just wish he would do it from the sideline.

KEITH BROOKING SUCKS! THIS SEASON BUT HE SHOULD CHEER FROM THE SIDELINES.KEITH IS THE ONE WE NEED TO GET RID OF INSTEAD OF BOLEY.I RESPECT WHAT KEITH HAS DONE BUT HES BEEN MISSIN ALOT OF FOR SURE TACKLES,LIKE THE ON AGAINST T.J,OR THE ONE AGAINST SJ.THOSE MISSED TACKLES COST US LARGE CHUNKS OF YARDAGE.SO IF YOU WANNA KEEP A PLAYER BECAUSE THEY AREA LEADER YOURE A DUMBAZZ.YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT STOPPING TEAMS FROM SCORING ON YOU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hakim dude: First you tell me that Brooking has no solo tackles. When I point out that NFL.com shows that he leads our LB corps in solo tackles you claim that numbers lie, etc. And now you claim that Brooking plays a significant number of snaps more than Lofton and thats why he has more solo tackles. ROTFLMAO for sure. Back to logic 101. Does he have the solo tackles, but have more because "he plays more than Lofton & Boley" or does he not have any solo tackles like you stated before. Wow. ****, dude it ain't easy to hit a moving goal post but I'll give you credit for moving it better than most.

I said that I do not SEE him making solo tackles. You must admit that the numbers are different when you ask different sources. I am just saying, when I watch the game, I hardly ever see him bring down the Ball Carrier by himself.

But since that is how they have it, I will say that he leads the LB's because he plays more snaps. That is just a Fact.

YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTION IN MY LAST 3 POSTS

When was the last time he had a TFL? INT? FF? Fumble Recovery???????

Link to post
Share on other sites

flyfalconfan wrote: "HES BEEN MISSIN ALOT OF FOR SURE TACKLES" and then you also state that Brooking "sucks". Dude, as I have pointed out, he leads the team in tackles and leads the LB corps in solo tackles.....try not to be so blatantly racist in your evaluations of the players. Try looking at Michael Boley's stats....when you come on here and say he "sucks" I'll change my opinion of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hakim dude: I just want you to answer yourself one little bitty question.....The Falcons coaches have started Keith Brooking in every game and almost every defensive play....they took us to the playoffs with a team that most said would have one or two wins and the defense was seen as a black hole. Here's the question: Would the coaches agree with my assessment of Brooking's performance or your assessment that he "sucks" and has never made a solo tackle this year. You really don't have to answer....its one of those questions that we like to call a "rhetorical question"....you see, I already know the answer whether you do or not. But I know you "watch the games".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hakim dude: I just want you to answer yourself one little bitty question.....The Falcons coaches have started Keith Brooking in every game and almost every defensive play....they took us to the playoffs with a team that most said would have one or two wins and the defense was seen as a black hole. Here's the question: Would the coaches agree with my assessment of Brooking's performance or your assessment that he "sucks" and has never made a solo tackle this year. You really don't have to answer....its one of those questions that we like to call a "rhetorical question"....you see, I already know the answer whether you do or not. But I know you "watch the games".

The ONLY reason he is out there now is because he has the Radio.

I want you to answer these two questions Below

When was the last time he had a TFL? INT? FF? Fumble Recovery?

and do you want him back next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Well on the contrary, leadership can be learned and transfered from one leader to the next in a learning process. I Would love to have brooking forever, but if we kept our vets starting inspite of training camp and practice results, we would end up like Detroit or Clevland. Eventually he will have to go. God bless him though, he bleeds black and red, I love the guy.

I found some leadership in a shoebox.I didnt know you could learn it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
or does anyone else get pumped up watching this guy before/after the play? He seems to be one of the most energized players on our team...always pumping up the crowd and usually the first to congratulate a teamate or get excited when the falcons make a big stand.

I know his production doesn't neccessarily warrant his salary, but there are plenty of other threads where we can discuss that. Just wondering if everyone notices the same intensity that I do when Brooking is on the field...

Yeah I don't a lot of the fans fully appreciate his excellent leadership. We all know he is not the same player he used to be, BUT that veteran presence and fire is still very evident, and a major factor in our success this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Just wow.

I'm a Brooking fan, but the guy is a liability on defense. He's always had problems shedding blocks, and I watch him every week putting up his arms to avoid blocks when blowing up the block (i.e. sacrificing himself )would be much more beneficial. He takes bad angles. He is not and never was an elite LB. Fact is, he probably was never a top 10 LB.

That said, as much as I'd like to see if Nicholas could do any better (or worse, for that matter), but it's apparent that they're not confident in anyone else on the roster playing in Brooking's place. But make no mistake: we are desperate for an upgrade at WIL.

As for leadership, we can get that from players like Abraham and Milloy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

mwjr wrote: "I'm a Brooking fan" Sure you are! With fans like you Brooking certainly doesn't need enemies like Hakim 24. LOL. You're such a big fan that you state he was never an elite LB even though he was voted to the Pro Bowl. Wow. Great fan. I hope Brooking retires after this season just to see what you Brooking haters are going to focus on. I will bet you that the teams leading tackler next year will not get the abuse Keith does on these forums. Maybe if we can get that coal black defense that all you Brooking haters want so much then we can finally get past the Vick years and the racial divide in this city.

Link to post
Share on other sites
mwjr wrote: "I'm a Brooking fan" Sure you are! With fans like you Brooking certainly doesn't need enemies like Hakim 24. LOL.

I actually own a Brooking jersey, so, yes, I am a Brooking fan.

You're such a big fan that you state he was never an elite LB even though he was voted to the Pro Bowl. Wow. Great fan.

So being voted to the Pro Bowl makes you elite?

I hope Brooking retires after this season just to see what you Brooking haters are going to focus on. I will bet you that the teams leading tackler next year will not get the abuse Keith does on these forums. Maybe if we can get that coal black defense that all you Brooking haters want so much then we can finally get past the Vick years and the racial divide in this city.

"Coal black defense." Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

With sons of the Grand Wizards such as yourself polluting the state, there's no way we'll ever be past the racial divide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
mwjr wrote: "I'm a Brooking fan" Sure you are! With fans like you Brooking certainly doesn't need enemies like Hakim 24. LOL. You're such a big fan that you state he was never an elite LB even though he was voted to the Pro Bowl. Wow. Great fan. I hope Brooking retires after this season just to see what you Brooking haters are going to focus on. I will bet you that the teams leading tackler next year will not get the abuse Keith does on these forums. Maybe if we can get that coal black defense that all you Brooking haters want so much then we can finally get past the Vick years and the racial divide in this city.

Yes can we please get that coal black defense we've been hoping and dreaming for Santa! Lord knows I like my defense coal black!

coal-black-lobby-card-1942.jpg

Now if we can just play our games at midnight!

Link to post
Share on other sites
mwjr wrote: "I'm a Brooking fan" Sure you are! With fans like you Brooking certainly doesn't need enemies like Hakim 24. LOL. You're such a big fan that you state he was never an elite LB even though he was voted to the Pro Bowl. Wow. Great fan. I hope Brooking retires after this season just to see what you Brooking haters are going to focus on. I will bet you that the teams leading tackler next year will not get the abuse Keith does on these forums. Maybe if we can get that coal black defense that all you Brooking haters want so much then we can finally get past the Vick years and the racial divide in this city.

you still haven't answered my question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
mwjr wrote: "I'm a Brooking fan" Sure you are! With fans like you Brooking certainly doesn't need enemies like Hakim 24. LOL. You're such a big fan that you state he was never an elite LB even though he was voted to the Pro Bowl. Wow. Great fan. I hope Brooking retires after this season just to see what you Brooking haters are going to focus on. I will bet you that the teams leading tackler next year will not get the abuse Keith does on these forums. Maybe if we can get that coal black defense that all you Brooking haters want so much then we can finally get past the Vick years and the racial divide in this city.

you are a racist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...