Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

agent45

Bad news: Falcons365 stores closing

30 posts in this topic

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

I guess that explains why there was nothing worth buying when I went into the Lenox store yesterday. This is really not good news. It's bad enough that there are no authentic jerseys and only 4 or so players with jerseys we can buy at all. Now we can't get anything without ordering online or going to crap stores like Champs, etc.

The Atlanta Falcons might be in the playoffs, but fans won't be able to buy game day apparel from Falcons 365 for much longer.

The Falcons 365 stores at Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall will close Dec. 31.

The Falcons 365 store took 2,300 square feet at Perimeter Mall, which opened in summer 2005. The Lenox Square store opened in October 2005.

"As we do with every vacant space, we try to replace it with a new tenant that better fits our mall re-merchandising efforts," said Dennis Kemp, general manager of Perimeter Mall.

Falcons 365 stores are a part of the Arthur M. Blank family of businesses, which includes the Falcons, the Georgia Force, AMB Group LLC and the Blank Family Foundation.

"The economic picture that has affected the country, affects us as well," said Reggie Roberts, vice president of football communications for the Falcons.

At least you still have crap stores you can go to. Last time I went out looking for a jersey, the only Falcons jerseys around were still Vick's. Thankfully there's always ebay.

Of course after this season, I expect my local crap stores to at least carry Ryan's and maybe Turner's.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

I guess that explains why there was nothing worth buying when I went into the Lenox store yesterday. This is really not good news. It's bad enough that there are no authentic jerseys and only 4 or so players with jerseys we can buy at all. Now we can't get anything without ordering online or going to crap stores like Champs, etc.

Now you know how I feel up here in North Dakota. ;)

"Given our season, it made more sense for us to focus on online sales from our Web site, which has recently been enhanced, and to make sure we were focusing on sales on game days," Shreckengost said.

BS! If that's the case why do you just have 4 authentic and 4 premier eqt jerseys on line and NO MATT RYAN jerseys!!!

I just don't understand why the don't have everyone's jerseys available. Are the artificially keeping the jerseys rare?

This is totally NOT bad news. They never had anything worth a darn to start with. I would go to the store in Lenox looking for stuff and would end up finding better stuff at the other athletic stores in the mall.

Isn't there a shop at the dome?

I haven't walked around the entire dome, but I can only think of a couple small glorified kiosks. Not a store per se where people can walk in and browse. If anyone here has been to a Titans game (I went to see the Titans/Steelers game a couple of weeks ago), they have a very impressive full store inside their stadium. It made me feel a little bit jealous.

Isn't the store overpriced too, compared to online outlets?

Only if the online outlets are running sales and the stores aren't. Having no option but to pay shipping charges sucks, too.

I think this is kind of sad! They should at least leave one open! If you order stuff online you never know what you are getting.

I just hope the online store stays open, they've always had pretty good deals, but I've had better luck with NFLShop.com overall.

They better stay open! I just got a $50 gift card for the store for Christmas.

I just hope the online store stays open, they've always had pretty good deals, but I've had better luck with NFLShop.com overall.

I always thought it sucked that there was no walk-in store at the dome, only those little booths...

I hate that the stores closed. They were the best place for variety and had easily as good or better prices than anywhere else. Some of you people are griping just to be wiseguys, but they really were good for the fans. I spent a good deal of money in there over the past three years, and I am a bargain shopper.

The walk in store at BOA in Charlotte is awesome, except for all the Panthers crap.

Me too! Crap. I had no idea they were closing. I've been waiting for the stores to restock before going back. Any idea if we can use the gift cards at the dome?

I know it's perfectly legal, but why would the Falcons org allow these stores to sale gift cards knowing they are closing? I better be able to use mine in the dome. <_<

I'm glad you bumped this because I completely forgot about my gift card. I just looked at the site, and once again there is virtually nothing good available. Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I don't see much other than a couple nice, yet overpriced T-shirts. I like the one with the old logo and helmet, but that's almost $30.

I don't know whether to wait until they get new stuff in, or order whatever now, just in case they go out of business.

Isn't there a shop at the dome?

Not like the Thrashers/Hawks have at Philips or Braves have at Turner Field. They sorely need something that's not a counter separating you from merchandise. I've been to the Seahawks stadium...they have a walk in store like the Braves have at Turner Field but also a counter where you can buy tix and season tix M-Saturday. There are people that already come to work at the Dome every day for the Falcons...I have no clue why they wouldn't immediately want to copy a more successful way to do (more) biz.

Yo, I was fortunate enough to find a Matt Ryan Premier Jersey (home jersey). Just be thankful that some of you had a store to go to for Falcons things and jerseys. I live in VA and they don't have sh!... for a fan like myself. I wasn't too impressed with the selection of Premier jerseys on Falcons365 to begin with (just hopeful) and after hearing this news... where am I going to get my gear??? I will just have to support another store. Hopefully nfl.com will come out with something good for the dirty birds.

I'm glad you bumped this because I completely forgot about my gift card. I just looked at the site, and once again there is virtually nothing good available. Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I don't see much other than a couple nice, yet overpriced T-shirts. I like the one with the old logo and helmet, but that's almost $30.

I don't know whether to wait until they get new stuff in, or order whatever now, just in case they go out of business.

Yeah I was loving that shirt too, but when I saw the price...I really LOL'D! They have that very same shirt at ***** for like $10 lol! I really don't understand some of there prices....again, you can get the same shirts they sell at *****, Wal-Mart, Sports Auhtority etc, and they're like $20 bucks cheaper...

Yo, I was fortunate enough to find a Matt Ryan Premier Jersey (home jersey). Just be thankful that some of you had a store to go to for Falcons things and jerseys. I live in VA and they don't have sh!... for a fan like myself. I wasn't too impressed with the selection of Premier jerseys on Falcons365 to begin with (just hopeful) and after hearing this news... where am I going to get my gear??? I will just have to support another store. Hopefully nfl.com will come out with something good for the dirty birds.

NFL Shop's Falcons selection is better than the our online store IMO. The just seem to have more of a selction.

Hey, I live in the UK and I'm coming over for the Bears, game, was hoping to pick up a couple jerseys, preferably the aurthentic ones, can you get these on game day at the Dome, or am I better off shopping online?

Cheers.