Smith vs. Mora

ThunderCookie

I read that Smith's playoff motto is "Why not us?", and it reminded me of a quote from Mora before losing to the Eagles in the NFC Championship. JR said, "We are playing with house money."

Let's think about that. Mora insinuated that we weren't supposed to be there, so there was no pressure. Smitty tells his team that we are as good as anyone in the playoffs, so why not us?

This maybe means nothing to most people, but it was just a subtle reminder to me of how good Coach is.

Mora was a Joke, He took a team that was built by Dan Reeves to the NFC Championship game in 2004, that team would have won a Championship had Dan Reeves been allowed to continue. Mora than sank his claws into everything hiring two of the worst coordinatiors in modern NFL History, He had Mike Vick, A QB who could not pass and could not find mulitiple reads downfield running the West Coast Offense which is all about Timing and precision. He took D-Halls sports car to the Stadium when the Team had to ride the Bus, and he entertained going to Washington college right before a important game against the Cowboys on national Television. He took a talented team and dismantled it to a point that it never recovered and had to be rebuilt from nothing by Mike Smith and Thomas D.

But it has been Rebuilt and we are better off today than we were at anytime Mora was the coach here.

Mora was a Joke, He took a team that was built by Dan Reeves to the NFC Championship game in 2004, that team would have won a Championship had Dan Reeves been allowed to continue. Mora than sank his claws into everything hiring two of the worst coordinatiors in modern NFL History, He had Mike Vick, A QB who could not pass and could not find mulitiple reads downfield running the West Coast Offense which is all about Timing and precision. He took D-Halls sports car to the Stadium when the Team had to ride the Bus, and he entertained going to Washington college right before a important game against the Cowboys on national Television. He took a talented team and dismantled it to a point that it never recovered and had to be rebuilt from nothing by Mike Smith and Thomas D.

But it has been Rebuilt and we are better off today than we were at anytime Mora was the coach here.

You forgot "he borrowed a frigging cell phone during the Bucs game to phone-a-friend because he didn't understand what a tie in the game would have meant for the team's playoff chances"

---how in blue blazes could the HEAD COACH NOT KNOW THE RESULTS OF 3 THINGS.....WIN, LOSE, TIE?????? :blink: :wacko: :angry:

I like Reeves really I do - he gave us 1998 and I'll always appreciate that but Mora did do something with a Reeves team that Reeves couldn't do and that was win with them in 2004 - Reeves only had 2 winning seasons in 7 years - Reeves time had come and gone - Now I agree the coordinators brought in under Mora were junk and when people figured out their gimmicks they could never adjust and it led to us getting stomped in the second half of the season the last 2 years they were here - then bad free agent pick-ups - bad drafts -left this team faltering badly only to have Petrino shoot it dead when he could have attempted to make a differance other than play-up his own God-Ego - I just can't grasp how people believe that a coach who lost more than he won could produce a championship team - he was allowed to have 7 seasons and he produced winning seasons twice - but then bad mouth Mora who I agree now should have been let go who produced a better winning percentage. Just doesn't make sense. I know why people should bad mouth Mora his coaching style was very flawed and laxed and also depended too much on coordinators that couldn't cut it. But 1998 was one year and Reeves never came close to that feat again but everyone still to this day says he would have brought a Championship here. Why? His win/loss record each season says otherwise. :huh:

You forgot "he borrowed a frigging cell phone during the Bucs game to phone-a-friend because he didn't understand what a tie in the game would have meant for the team's playoff chances"

---how in blue blazes could the HEAD COACH NOT KNOW THE RESULTS OF 3 THINGS.....WIN, LOSE, TIE?????? :blink: :wacko: :angry:

And how could a head coach not know that a tie would have assured us of our first ever back to back winning seasons! $^%#*%#&$* that just *(&*&^% me off!

Ok. I am over it.

I don't dislike Mora, but it is obvious he is loyal to a fault. He is still very young and obviously was too immature to take over as head coach. But you learn more from your failures than your successes and I am sure he will do better the second time around,

He's just like his dad who got fired from the colts because he wouldn't get rid of his bad coordinators.

I'm sure a head coach probably concerns himself with the game at hand, and leaves the "what if" scenarios to the guys at ESPN, which is probably why he phoned somebody. Seriously, are you going to tell me that YOU could explain the "what if" scenarios of the past couple of weeks without looking at a reference?

The reason that everyone says Dan Reeves would have won a Championship is because he is a proven, tried and true NFL leader, he proved it in 1998, then things happened that was out of his control.

Jamal Anderson blowing out both knees was out of his control.

Chris Chandler washing out was out of his control

Tony Martin getting involued in drugs was out of his control

Eugene Robinson picking up a hooker that was really a undercover officer in Miami the night before the Superbowl was out of his hands.

Vick breaking his leg before the 2003 season and then taking his sweet little time to get back was out of his control.

The Refs taking a TD away on a hold was out of his control in the playoff game at Philly.

The Georgia Sports Curse was out of his control

Reeves finally had a winning forumla back in place before he was let go with 3 games left in the 2003 season, the offseason move to pickup Hurtwell from the Ravens proven to be one of the biggest falcon offseason mistakes in recent memory. the Hiring of Jim Mora Jr was just a total slap in the face to everything Reeves built and it proved itself out to be so.

2004 - 11-5

2005 - 7-9

2006 - 7-9

2007 - 4-12

The reason that everyone says Dan Reeves would have won a Championship is because he is a proven, tried and true NFL leader, he proved it in 1998, then things happened that was out of his control.

Jamal Anderson blowing out both knees was out of his control.

Chris Chandler washing out was out of his control

Tony Martin getting involued in drugs was out of his control

Eugene Robinson picking up a hooker that was really a undercover officer in Miami the night before the Superbowl was out of his hands.

Vick breaking his leg before the 2003 season and then taking his sweet little time to get back was out of his control.

The Refs taking a TD away on a hold was out of his control in the playoff game at Philly.

The Georgia Sports Curse was out of his control

Reeves finally had a winning forumla back in place before he was let go with 3 games left in the 2003 season, the offseason move to pickup Hurtwell from the Ravens proven to be one of the biggest falcon offseason mistakes in recent memory. the Hiring of Jim Mora Jr was just a total slap in the face to everything Reeves built and it proved itself out to be so.

2004 - 11-5

2005 - 7-9

2006 - 7-9

2007 - 4-12

That was Bobby Petrino's year.

Petrino has to deal with what Mora left behind, and with no Vick because Vick has made sure that his Dog Fighting enterprize was more important than playing football, Petrino was a Pig of a coach and was never liked by the players but he did not start out with much having taking the mess that Mora left behind with no QB or Running game to speak of.

I read that Smith's playoff motto is "Why not us?", and it reminded me of a quote from Mora before losing to the Eagles in the NFC Championship. JR said, "We are playing with house money."

Let's think about that. Mora insinuated that we weren't supposed to be there, so there was no pressure. Smitty tells his team that we are as good as anyone in the playoffs, so why not us?

This maybe means nothing to most people, but it was just a subtle reminder to me of how good Coach is.

Who is this Mora guy? :rolleyes:

Petrino has to deal with what Mora left behind, and with no Vick because Vick has made sure that his Dog Fighting enterprize was more important than playing football, Petrino was a Pig of a coach and was never liked by the players but he did not start out with much having taking the mess that Mora left behind with no QB or Running game to speak of.

Who is this Vick guy? :rolleyes: I'm sure glad he doesn't play for us. I think this Petrino dude owes me money. Worthless P.O.S!

Well you remember what Dan Reeves said in 98???? I've been there, want to go ? ;)