The new truths of the NFC South...

ThunderCookie

if you had a brain you would put together that 8-8 is a average football team, why are the saints a average football team? because they can't close games....

they close out three of the 6 and they're in the playoffs.

the saints are close, payton finally got through his head that you need balance, we have that now...upgrade fs, olb, de, and MAYBE cb on defense and the saints are a contender. and really the only position that is a major need is safety.

Shoulda...woulda....coulda...DIDN'T!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats 2007 = 13th in rushing yards......9th in attempts

Saints 2008 = 28th in rushing yards....26th in attempts

So yes, the Pats did have balance last season, and the Saints did not this season.

i'd like too see the REAL numbers...what i mean by that is the pats often got out to leads last season, meaning they would run the ball to protect wins....get what i mean?

i'd like too see the REAL numbers...what i mean by that is the pats often got out to leads last season, meaning they would run the ball to protect wins....get what i mean?

running the ball to protect wins is the defenition of balance, it doesnt matter when you run it , or why you run it, as long as you run it. and usually the pats would still pass with the lead anyway, do you not remember them running up the score in over half of their games? they scored more points then anyteam in NFL history.

running the ball to protect wins is the defenition of balance, it doesnt matter when you run it , or why you run it, as long as you run it. and usually the pats would still pass with the lead anyway, do you not remember them running up the score in over half of their games? they scored more points then anyteam in NFL history.

balance is running and passing the ball on your way to a win is balance...not passing the football and then becoming conservative to secure a win.

and yes, i remember...but they didn't do it everygame. i'd like to see the first half and second half stats, i could be completely wrong but i think that would show what i'm saying.

well, if anything, its even more impressive if they could run the ball to protect wins...because they could run when they had to

good running teams can run when they have to....and the Patriots could do it last season

all the while using 5 different running backs without a 'stud' runningback

well, if anything, its even more impressive if they could run the ball to protect wins...because they could run when they had to

good running teams can run when they have to....and the Patriots could do it last season

all the while using 5 different running backs without a 'stud' runningback

That is true. The bottom line is the Saints cannot run on 3rd and 1,2, or 3, late in the game to make a first downs and sustain drives and eat clock, they just can't do it like the good running teams can!

• 1 year later...

I'LL TELL YOU ONE THING, THE 2010 SEASON IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

WE WILL FIND OUT WHOSE WHO, AND WHAT IS WHAT. ONCE THE SEASON STARTS,

YOU'LL BE HEARING PLENTY FROM ME. STICK AROUND, SEE WHAT I HAVE TO

SAY THEN. AS FOR THE TRUTH .... TO MANY OF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :ph34r:

For those who can't handle it ....

this will be one long season. :D

lets see we are in the playoffs.....you are not

we have a balanced offense.....you do not

we have a defense that actually stop people from scoring..you do not

We have a coaching staff that actually coaches...you do not ( and if you say you do, then you contradict yourself......... COACHING keeps teams from beating themselves.)

so no the saints are not really all that big of a threat........ yes you beat us the last game we played but by using your own logic we beat ourselves.......... the saints did not do a whole lot to beat us.

the saints would be a threat with a running game, new coaching staff, and better defense........until you get all 3 of those enjoy last place because those are 3 things the other teams in the division save tampa have and they are the tried and true method of winning in the nfl.

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

Edited by bradael

I think the two teams with the brightest futures are the Falcons and the Panthers, that's pretty obvious.

The Saints are, well they are the Saints! Payton is not the long term answer he has taken a surprise team in 06' and and gone backwards since going 25-23 in his three seasons.

The buccies are on a real downslide.

Vicodin = messes with the brain..... :blink:

Another classic fan delivered by a Falcon fan...laugh.gif

Anyone want the truth? The Falcons overachieved in 08, and came back down to earth in 09. Much like the Saints in 07, they weren't as good as they believed. Much like the Saints in 08, they haven't made very many moves to greatly improve the team.

Has anyone seen the footage of Ice underthrowing Jenkins Resulting in a shoulder injury? Marty sure did put alot into that throw. Michael must be the fastest man in the league to outrun that ball. I guess we all know why the birds keep him on the roster

Why does Matty even have to throw? I mean...have you seen this man hand the ball off? Have you??? HOF Talent!!

Edited by saintdogg2

Another classic fan delivered by a Falcon fan...laugh.gif

Anyone want the truth? The Falcons overachieved in 08, and came back down to earth in 09. Much like the Saints in 07, they weren't as good as they believed. Much like the Saints in 08, they haven't made very many moves to greatly improve the team.

Really? Didn't you spend two years telling everyone that the Saints would have been the Gods of the NFL if it wasn't injury?

So the Falcons get no credit for having a winning season despite a brutal schedule and an injured qb?

And very much UNLIKE the Saints, the Falcons posted back to back winning seasons. So using the Saints as a measuring stick, you have no right to say anything until January 2012.

Really? Didn't you spend two years telling everyone that the Saints would have been the Gods of the NFL if it wasn't injury?

So the Falcons get no credit for having a winning season despite a brutal schedule and an injured qb?

And very much UNLIKE the Saints, the Falcons posted back to back winning seasons. So using the Saints as a measuring stick, you have no right to say anything until January 2012.

Of course, I'm gonna push the Saints, that's what a fan does. But at some point you have to take off the team colored glasses and look at it from reality. We had quality starters, but little to no depth. We had solid coaching, but not GREAT coaching.

Place the records to the side, and look at it this way. The Falcons were coming off a 11-5 playoff season and were expected to contend for a title, just like the 07 Saints. Instead they fall flat on their face and dont even get a wildcard. You can have your "back to back" winning seasons, but in the end that got the Falcons nowhere except a front row spot on the sofa for the playoffs.

The Falcons, much like the Saints, just aren't yet talented enough to contend. It took the Saints upgrading a number of coaches (OL, RB, DL, DC, OC), and adding loads of new talent (Greer, Sharper, Hargrove, Jenkins, Heath Evans, Bell, Morstead, David Thomas) maybe above all else, it took the Saints young talent time to develop into Super Bowl caliber players (Pierre Thomas, Bush, Henderson, Moore, Meachem, Bushrod, Evans, Goodwin, Nicks, Ellis, Ayodele, Porter, Harper), and of course a few back from injury (Colston, Shockey, Will Smith, Porter) to become Super Bowl contenders. I haven't seen the Falcons upgrade coaching, I haven't seen them add loads of new talent, and I don't see enough players developing into Super Bowl players.

Bring the hate, but that's the truth. The Falcons didn't miss the playoffs because of injuries, they missed it because they weren't a playoff team.

Edited by nolafan33

I think the two teams with the brightest futures are the Falcons and the Panthers, that's pretty obvious. TD did a good job in the draft and you will see him concentrate on defense this upcoming draft and probably some key FAs acquistitions (Haynesworth or Asomugha) like New England always did. The Panthers have the players but Delhommey is not the long term answer there. Fox has a way of underachieving so they're hard to predict, they're not the paper chumpions for nothing?

The Saints are, well they are the Saints! Payton is not the long term answer he has taken a surprise team in 06' and and gone backwards since going 25-23 in his three seasons. Sort of like Jim Mora except Mora was 26-22, Payton has grown more pass happy evidence Brees numbers and just doesn't seem to get the fact that the Saints need to balance out the offense. Evidenced by the fact that Brees threw the ball 37 times more than even Kurt Warner. Brees had 635 attempts which was 201 times more than Matt Ryan...I think that speaks volumes about the Saints philosophy? I see the Saints going after a RB in the first run maybe more of a Turner type so they can pound the rock and cut down Brees attempts by atleast 100, if they don't it will be another disastrous season! Of course defense is a major issue as well I'm not even sure how they want to approach that? Obvious their redzone defense is very poor because they give up the big plays when teams get inside the 20.

The buccies are on a real downslide. Gruden should be in jeopardy along with Allen. They do not have a serious contender for the QB slot, and Gruden on a press conference yesterday admitted he's not willing to develop one (ego here), he said Simms was his last QB project that they thought they had a shot with. Does that leave them in a journeyman FA mode again? The running game is in a sad state talent and injury wise. Maybe Graham comes back healthy and can produce but they need a stud backup. Kiffin is a major blow as evidenced by their last 4 games after his annoucement, Imagine the buccies without defense? We are talking a cellar dwellar for sure. Chins up buccie fans, hope for the firing of chuckie Gruden!

Payton = Jim Mora jr. :lol: What a joke. Falcons fans are becoming famous for posting bump material.