Bulldogs Purchase Items Worth $3,000 For Boys And Girls Club.

SacFalcFan

ORLANDO, Fla. --- The members of the Georgia football team were able to give and receive here on Sunday.

Included in their gifts package from the Capital One Bowl was a $400 gift card to be used at the Best Buy at the Florida Mall on Sunday. Players were able to purchase items throughout the store, everything from televisions to compact discs, from Global Positioning System (GPS) units to video games.

Following their shopping spree, the Bulldogs had approximately $3,000 in unspent money. With that amount, Georgia officials were able to buy several items that will be presented to the Boys and Girls Club of Athens upon the team’s return.

The items earmarked for the Boys and Girls Club included four Xbox 360 systems, eight wireless controls with rechargeable battery packs, two Rock Band 2 systems, several video games as well as a gift card to be used at the club’s discretion.

“I think this is a good thing,” senior punter Brian Mimbs said. “It’s nice that the bowl gave us such a great gift. We all are able to get some things that we need and want. At the same time, rather than just spend the money on some things we can do without, we can give something back to the Boys and Girls Club. It’s a great feeling.”

I am a tech fan , but i must say that is really really cool of the bulldogs.. Good to see things like that no matter the college ...

what i thought was great about it was the coaches weren't behind it.. after they finished shopping the players said they should see how much they have left and get some presents for the boys and girls club.. they had just played some miniature golf with under privileged kids a few days before that so that was still on their mind and it was nice to see them do that.. i had to chance to meet some wisconsin players down in orlando last week and they were talking about some of the stuff they did as well with the local kids down there in need.. it's a great thing to see these young men reach out like that.

I agree from what i read it seemed player driven on the gifts for the boys and girls club ,... tooo bad more teams dont do that kind of thing , or heck even a GT & UGA fund raiser for whatever the cause of the year is .. maybe a signing days for autographs , or some kind of run walk , hold it at the school that does not have the game , let it be ran by students who play other sports ..

so much can be done to raise awareness and info in north georgia by both these schools

uote name='SacFalcFan' date='Dec 29 2008, 03:30 PM' post='4339752']

what i thought was great about it was the coaches weren't behind it.. after they finished shopping the players said they should see how much they have left and get some presents for the boys and girls club.. they had just played some miniature golf with under privileged kids a few days before that so that was still on their mind and it was nice to see them do that.. i had to chance to meet some wisconsin players down in orlando last week and they were talking about some of the stuff they did as well with the local kids down there in need.. it's a great thing to see these young men reach out like that.