Sean Weatherspoon

Norwood32

The 4t is in, IF the other team comes to us and asks for a trade, if we go out and shop our pick around, we wouldn't get it.

I agree that DT is a pressing need, but we have more needs, so I won't be mad if we ended up with a OLB (where we need 2 starters) or even OT (if we don't get one in FA) with our first pick. But I'm sure TD will have a long list with names on draft day, and he'll pick the highest ranked one that fits our needs ... no matter if it's a DT/DE/OLB/OT or something we don't really see as big need.

I'm going to rewatch all Falcons games tomorrow to recheck if the DL or the LBs are the main problem when it comes to run-defense. Right now I'm really not sure, since there were so many missed tackles around the line of scrimmage.

I just think that our D-Line gets pushed around and allows O-Lineman to get out and block Linebackers. Another thing is that our OLB's are not aggressive. Brooking is very hesitant and Boley just doesn't seem to like to put his nose in there and hit somebody. Grady just cannot disengage because he is so big and has very little agility. I see teams take him on with one blocker sometimes and that is uncalled for for a 360 lb man. Babinauex is starting to draw most of the Double teams at the DT position. If we stick another big body, who can move like BJ Raji, I think our Run Defense will improve. We do need an OLB, but I think the D-Line is our biggest problem.

I just think that our D-Line gets pushed around and allows O-Lineman to get out and block Linebackers. Another thing is that our OLB's are not aggressive. Brooking is very hesitant and Boley just doesn't seem to like to put his nose in there and hit somebody. Grady just cannot disengage because he is so big and has very little agility. I see teams take him on with one blocker sometimes and that is uncalled for for a 360 lb man. Babinauex is starting to draw most of the Double teams at the DT position. If we stick another big body, who can move like BJ Raji, I think our Run Defense will improve. We do need an OLB, but I think the D-Line is our biggest problem.

After rewatching the Vikings game (summery above), I have to disagree on the "getting pushed around" ... actually we got penetration against the run, our tackling just wasn't there. All 4 LBs (Boley, Brooking, Lofton and Wire) missed tackles that should've been made.

To me the question if we need a DT bad, or just need one depends on how Trey Lewis recovered and what the staff expects from him. If heathy, he could be the "hard-to-move"-DT. Babs is doing really well, now after watching the game focused on DL and LBs, I have to say, we're actually underpaying him. The kid can really play.

I have to rewatch some more games where we didn't do well against the run, to form a real opinion, but for the Vikings game, the LBs are to "blame". Gonna watch some more tomorrow, right now I want to see the Bowl Games ;) (got to watch Heyward-Bey)