Just for fun...Name one player from our 2004 season

JDB2688

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman. You put Coleman with Abe and you'd get a consistent pass rush.

Most likely my greatest regret is that we never got to see that defensive line of Kerney, Jackson, Coleman and Abraham play for a whole year. We saw them together for one single game and it was impressive.

Man I would have loved to have seen what the front four could have freed our defense up to do and what those front four might put up individually number wise.

Most likely my greatest regret is that we never got to see that defensive line of Kerney, Jackson, Coleman and Abraham play for a whole year. We saw them together for one single game and it was impressive.

Man I would have loved to have seen what the front four could have freed our defense up to do and what those front four might put up individually number wise.

No we didn't! It was one freakin' play! Kerney went out in Abe's first game with an arm injury. Then, once Abe single handedly destroyed the Panties, he hurt himself for the next several games. Once he came back (not 100% mind you) Kerney got hurt permenantly with the peck injury. Those two only played ONE snap of football healthy together.....What a shame!

x2 on the Brady Smith Bandwagon. We saw what happened to our Pass Rush when he was out. I also wouldn't mind Rod Coleman from then either. Keving Mathis would have been good too.

I don't get the Alge one, we are pretty much set on Offense.

I was thinking about the difference in the two teams and how if we had certain parts of each team we would be unstoppable. For instance, if we had Turner and Roddy from this season in 04, I don't know that we would've lost to the Eagles. So who would you want from that team on this team right now?

For me, it's easy. Patrick Kerney. Our defense would be 10x better with Kerney from 04.

Crumpler, Kerney, Brady Smith, Rod Coleman, the Keith Brooking of 04 maybe Chris Draft, D-Hall, Rossum

sry for the double post but i just read this. I know what you mean. The 05 defense could have been great. That D-Line could have been equal to the 02 bucs. Brooking was great back then and Hartwell could have been great. So much potential; we just stunk it up. Plus D-Hall was breaking into something great.

Kerney and Alge

Maybe Justin Griffith too

Off topic here, but man it's nice to see someone giving Raji some love. I kept watching games this year just to check out other pro prospects, and it always seemed like the team in question would be playing BC. Without having any intentions on doing so, that man just wouldn't let you "not" notice him. In the games I saw, he just kept making play after play after play. I am only reminded what D!ck Vermeil said during one of those combines (or maybe it was the Senior Bowl). To paraphrase, he said if you have to look for a player, he isn't there. Meaning, the true players stand out, you don't have to search for them. Raji did just this.

I'll get beat for this, but at least against Arizona I think we need to shut down at least a third of the field from the Arizona passing game. So with that said from 2004, I have to go DeAngelo Hall. Sorry guys, but reality was, he was beneficial to our team then. The rest of our D is fine against AZ I think. Offense probably Alge. Again, then he was good and I think one more receiving weapon would be very beneficial to us right now.