Just for fun...Name one player from our 2004 season

JDB2688

I was thinking about the difference in the two teams and how if we had certain parts of each team we would be unstoppable. For instance, if we had Turner and Roddy from this season in 04, I don't know that we would've lost to the Eagles. So who would you want from that team on this team right now?

For me, it's easy. Patrick Kerney. Our defense would be 10x better with Kerney from 04.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about the difference in the two teams and how if we had certain parts of each team we would be unstoppable. For instance, if we had Turner and Roddy from this season in 04, I don't know that we would've lost to the Eagles. So who would you want from that team on this team right now?

For me, it's easy. Patrick Kerney. Our defense would be 10x better with Kerney from 04.

Him or 2004 Rod Coleman would be awesome.

I'd take Rod Coleman, he was more consistent than Kerney. PK would turn into the invisible man in big games. It would be nice to have Crumpler as well.

I'd take Rod Coleman, he was more consistent than Kerney. PK would turn into the invisible man in big games. It would be nice to have Crumpler as well.

That's why I want Brady Smith.

Kerney slumped. Brady was conistently good against the run and the pass and was extrememly under-rated.

He would feed John Abraham like Grady at the Golden Coral.

It would be nice to just have 2004 Brooking. But I think Kerney should by far be the most obvious choice here, since we need another DE so bad. Outside of a younger Brooking there are no guys on that roster that would really help. Rod Coleman had a few pro bowls at DT with the Falcons, so he would be nice to have also (he had 10.5 sacks one year as a DT; which is Warren Sapp like).

If the Falcons can keep this team together next year the Falcons could be very good for a long time. You start by resigning Foxworth, Dahl, Clabo, Koenan, and Milloy. Milloy would only be a one year deal to help ease into a new starter at safety. Go ahead and give Roddy an extension so he doesn't have to play on the last year of his contract. The Falcons will need to bring guys that can bring an improvement as a starter at DE, SLB, and WLB. The Falcons will need to start looking for another starter at safety and defensive tackle but only after the first three positions of need are filled. Hopefully Milloy and Grady can play in 2009 so the Falcons can focus their best efforts on the first three positions listed this offseason. Another young offensive lineman will need to be brought in so we don't have to ever sign Gandy to play again. The Falcons offense is only lacking experience from being a top 3 unit. The Falcons defense is only lacking 3-4 upgrades to become a top unit; I hope TD can work his magic again this offseason to upgrade it.

Either one of these players would help this team:

Crumpler, Coleman, DHall or Kerney.

Siddeq Shabazz

Just kidding! :ph34r:

It's tough to choose between Alge and Kerney but I have to go with Crumpler because of his versatility as far as the pass and the runblocking he gave us. I would love to see what a QB like Ryan could do with an athletic TE who knows how to get open and can get you YAC.

I hope there is one in our immediate future. Peele has pretty good hands but he can't seem to get any seperation and he easily becomes the invisible man.

Coleman. You put Coleman with Abe and you'd get a consistent pass rush.