4 - Seattle Seahawks - MIchael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech*

5 - Cleveland Browns - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

6 - Cincinnati Bengals - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

7 - Oakland Raiders - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

8 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

9 - Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

10 - San Francisco 49ers - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma*

*If they declare for the draft.

I could see every situation happening for Bradford, from being picked 1st to sliding to the late 1st. But, imo, I believe Stafford will be the first QB taken off the board with the Detroit Lions.

AND another thing to note, with Tom Brady's 2009 season in jeopardy, Matt Cassell (the hot commodity on the FA Market) will now most likely be re-signed by the Patriots. So, teams like Detroit, San Francisco, and the other teams that are in for a franchise QB will now have to look in the draft or trade (highly unlikely).

Sam Bradford has got to be the most disputed draft pick right now based on where he'll be picked. I've seen mocks putting him in Detroit and some have him falling to mid-late 1st.

You know what I like most about this season relative to last year? The final month of 2007, all we wanted to discuss is where the Falcons would wind up drafting. Fans were getting upset that we were winning because it would hurt our draft status. Fast forward to today and I honest to God had no idea what the top ten draft order was prior to seeing this post.

And by the way, I don't think our beating the Seahawks wound up hurting us in terms of who we were able to draft in the first round like some fans were saying. Do any of you?

Well. If a franchise Quarterback in Bradford is sitting there at pick 10 and your team lacks a true franchise Quarterback, you need to select him.

Unless, Alex Smith re-emerges somehow, someway, i just don't see the Niners heading in the right direction just yet. Shaun Hill is a solid backup, but not a franchise type of player.

Singletary is not going to take a QB in round 1, 49ers will go defense now they have him in charge.

I didn't know the top ten order myself until i had searched for it last night. Don't know how reliable it is, i found it on wikipedia, but it looks very realistic.

You know what I like most about this season relative to last year? The final month of 2007, all we wanted to discuss is where the Falcons would wind up drafting. Fans were getting upset that we were winning because it would hurt our draft status. Fast forward to today and I honest to God had no idea what the top ten draft order was prior to seeing this post.

And by the way, I don't think our beating the Seahawks wound up hurting us in terms of who we were able to draft in the first round like some fans were saying. Do any of you?

im not sure i think enough of jason smith to have him in the top 10, and i dont know how much truth there is to this but ive heard that monroe is a bit lazy. perhaps more information will become available as we get closer to the senior bowl and the combine on that.

anyways, it looks pretty solid papi. if i was doing it i think id have orakpo at #3. the chiefs pass rush is absolutely abysmal now that jared allen is gone. and i think oher will go before monroe, but thats just personal opinion.

and it has been a long time since ive done a mock. i usually dont have time to finish one during the week before the thursday game screws stuff up, so this is the first ive seen of a top 10 order too. thats pretty mind blowing based on even the beginning of the year or last year.

anyways, interesting stuff papi. good work.

-Mr. Offseason

Thats a valid point. The Niners would then probably address another LB alongside Willis or even a CB, maybe even a safety in Taylor Mays.

Yes they are lacking a franchise QB but so were the Phins last season but they had Parcells in charge and its not in his style to go QB early, Its not in Singletarys style either.

Yeah. I did this mock in an hour or so. I figure I just throw something out there to see what others opinions were and just to project some of these players to teams and their possible needs.

I know there'll be a run of OT's in the draft, don't know when in the 1st it will happen. Heck, it might even continue to the 2nd round. But the combine and senior bowl / bowl games will determine the stock of these players, so we'll wait and see what happens.

Wouldn't Curry be able to play DE?

But, thanks for the comments guys. I'll be on here more, so keep em coming. And Tom, im looking to reading up on yours ;)

im not sure i think enough of jason smith to have him in the top 10, and i dont know how much truth there is to this but ive heard that monroe is a bit lazy. perhaps more information will become available as we get closer to the senior bowl and the combine on that.

anyways, it looks pretty solid papi. if i was doing it i think id have orakpo at #3. the chiefs pass rush is absolutely abysmal now that jared allen is gone. and i think oher will go before monroe, but thats just personal opinion.

and it has been a long time since ive done a mock. i usually dont have time to finish one during the week before the thursday game screws stuff up, so this is the first ive seen of a top 10 order too. thats pretty mind blowing based on even the beginning of the year or last year.

anyways, interesting stuff papi. good work.

-Mr. Offseason

Yes they are lacking a franchise QB but so were the Phins last season but they had Parcells in charge and its not in his style to go QB early, Its not in Singletarys style either.

yes, but parcells was the VP of football operations. singletary is an interim head coach who might not end up with the job next year. even if he does, im not sure that he will be able to tell the 49ers scouts to shove it if they are in love with bradford in round 1. my point is, parcells has a great track record of building teams and he had the most say in what they were going to do. singletary might not even be back as HC next year (though i think he should be), doesnt have a track record of building proven winners and isnt a member of the front office that makes personnel moves.

Thats a valid point. The Niners would then probably address another LB alongside Willis or even a CB, maybe even a safety in Taylor Mays.

wouldnt that be the 3rd first round pick theyve spent on a linebacker in the last 4 years? manny lawson, patrick willis and now another linebacker in this draft? i couldnt remember if there was another guy after willis. anyways, that seems like a little bit of overkill. i think they will try to go DE in the 2nd round (tyson jackson would be a fantastic pickup for them) since there is no 3-4 DE value in round 1, along with no NT value. so in round 1 it might actually be a linebacker (that would be crazy) or a CB like malcolm jenkins. i really think hed be a good fit there because he plays great in man, in zone and also could play FS like he did sometimes at ohio state. im just not sure he will be available. hes definately my #1 CB over vontae davis though.

Yeah. I did this mock in an hour or so. I figure I just throw something out there to see what others opinions were and just to project some of these players to teams and their possible needs.

I know there'll be a run of OT's in the draft, don't know when in the 1st it will happen. Heck, it might even continue to the 2nd round. But the combine and senior bowl / bowl games will determine the stock of these players, so we'll wait and see what happens.

Wouldn't Curry be able to play DE?

But, thanks for the comments guys. I'll be on here more, so keep em coming. And Tom, im looking to reading up on yours ;)

yeah thats cool. it was pretty good without even knowing that. and you might be run about the run of OT's, especially since its another pretty deep draft class. im just not sure it will happen in the top 10. :P :P

but you are right, im very excited to get to the senior bowl. i dont remember if it is on tv or not (i dont think it is) but i wouldnt be home to watch it anyways. but ill read up on what scott wright has to say about it as usual.

i dont think curry projects to 4-3 DE well. i think hes a much better fit as either a SLB or a WLB. come to think of it, dont the cheifs need a MLB very badly too? god they need everything...

and thanks papi. it might be a little while (i might get to go down to AZ for the playoff game!!!) but with 2 weeks+ left on my break i think ill definately make one before i head back to school.

I don't know why you would want to try and move Curry to DE when he is so dominate at OLB.

yeah thats pretty much what i think about it too.

-Mr. Offseason

NFL REPORT: Singletary wins 49ers’ full-time job

Associated Press

Monday, December 29, 2008

Jed York began the final day of the San Francisco 49ers’ season with a new job title. The 27-year-old team president ended it with another big move, making sure Mike Singletary will be his coach well into the future.

York, the son of 49ers owner John York, made the announcement just a few minutes after the 49ers’ 27-24 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday, praising Singletary’s nine weeks of interim work for the long-struggling club.

“I don’t think we could have written up a script any better than how it happened,” York said after Joe Nedney’s field goal as time expired.

San Francisco improved to 5-4 since Singletary replaced Mike Nolan on Oct. 20.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/printedi...ntlid=inform_sr

Singletary is going to have a huge impact over who the 49ers draft, he may not be in charge of the draft but whoever is the GM is going to have singletary in their ear.

I actually decided between LB and OL in the first round for them and since Curry is a top-tier talent above the Oline, i had them selecting him. But they could go the way of OT, since they could use upgrades on that average line.

I don't see the Chiefs taking a linebacker in the first round...

Sure.

They need all the help they can get. Seriously, though. They just need a Quarterback that will control the game and make plays with the youth, Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith.

IMO, if they had a QB that could do that, they'd win 1 WIN GAME. :lol: :P

could the lions possible trade their 1st pick? why not? their defense sure needs help. might be wise to bulk up on pics for 2009, 2010... and 2011 :P

I don't see any reason for Detroit to trade it anyway given that they've got three extra picks from Dallas anyway. They're picking twice in the top 20 and five by the end of the third round with 10 total picks (plus any compensatory ones they get). If you are going to start from scratch, they're in as good a position as a team can be in to do so. Two top 20 picks in this draft is huge. They could do what we did last year and secure QB, LT and MLB by the 33rd pick. We're actually the perfect model for them moving forward.

I don't see any reason for Detroit to trade it anyway given that they've got three extra picks from Dallas anyway. They're picking twice in the top 20 and five by the end of the third round with 10 total picks (plus any compensatory ones they get). If you are going to start from scratch, they're in as good a position as a team can be in to do so. Two top 20 picks in this draft is huge. They could do what we did last year and secure QB, LT and MLB by the 33rd pick. We're actually the perfect model for them moving forward.

I agree totally with this statement jidady...

They are really hurting on defense and are much closer to being a good unit on offense...

What avenue do THEY go down for their QB though? Draft or Cassel in FA

If they go the FA route for a QB, they can positively bolster the OL with Oher as their future LT, maybe throw in Vernon Carey to lock down the right side and draft a G/C in or around round 3/4... Spend the rest of the picks on defense and maybe a second round TE and offense is well on its way with a defensive draft to come...

Most picks have to boom which doesnt happen often, unless you have Dimitroff as your GM:P