Keith Brooking

Atlanta_Dawgs46

No idea about resigning him, contract talk, or all that jazz. He does get top of the line cheering during introductions. Fan favorite, so maybe worth doing something with, but is he getting old? Last week KB could not wrap up the QB for a sure fire sack. Today I saw KB get beat like I have never seen someone get beat before. KB was completely fooled on one passing play. He kept running in coverage following the guy that "burned" him while the play was going on right behind him. KB only needed to look back to save the Falcons some yardage.

He makes good plays and bad plays.... just like everybody else. I do see that his speed and reaction are REALLY slow and he is becoming a liability. I do not want him resigned, because he really doesn't bring anything to the table for the future of this team. Spend that money on Karlos Dansby or another replacement.

He only led the team in total tackles this season with 102. Maybe it's time to replace him.

But we are giving up too many good runs, passes right up the seam to TE's, and passes in the flats. The corners have been solid.... not great, but they have been solid. I'm not bashing Brooking, but our whole LB corps. They are the weak point. I think Boley would be a better fit at WLB, but I would rather lose both Brooking and Boley if we can get Karlos Dansby in Free Agency. Put Nicholas at SLB and keep Coy Wire for Depth.

The Guy gets stuck at MLB and everyone complains about his performance. All he did while playing OUT of his normal position at MLB was lead the team in tackles.

Now he gets to go back to his position of WLB and what does he do? LEAD the team in tackles.

Talk of outright replacing him is ridiculous but grooming his replacement would be the smart move.

I think it is time to start looking ahead, but I like Keith alot and I would love to see him finish here...

i've liked Keith for years,but he is getting to old its showing up in his play week in an week out truth be told he sucks,this season but he should retire as a falcon i agree an we should do something special for this guy