What kinda record did you think the Falcons would have this season?

I work at ESPN 1180 in Knoxville, and my partner P-Max asked me on the air today "as a Falcon fan, what did you honestly expect coming into the season?"

I told him 5 to 7 wins.

He was like "really? that many wins?"

Obviously 5-7 wins has been blown out of the water, but to be honest I'm not completely in shock at what the Falcons have done this year.

My rationale on thinking we'd be at least average:

1. Crumpler, Dunn, Hall...yawn, not that big of a loss there

2. I knew if they were willing to play Matt Ryan that he'd be better even as a rookie then anything we put on the field last year

3. Addition of Turner + other rookies

4. Won 4 games last year, but lost several close games, and I knew we improved in the off season

5. The fact that it's not unusual with the parity of the NFL these days to go from 4-12 to 12-4 and vice versa

Your thoughts...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay honestly? At the beginning of the season I told a friend of mine that I thought that 7 wins would be a great season for this team. I had NO idea what so ever that they would be this great. I feel like I've been caught up in a whirlwind this season.

I know that some fans will say they KNEW that the team would be this great and I did see a few posts predicting 10 or 11 wins. Still I must wonder if those fans really believed that or were they like the Rams fans who are actually predicting a win this weekend?

I work at ESPN 1180 in Knoxville, and my partner P-Max asked me on the air today "as a Falcon fan, what did you honestly expect coming into the season?"

I told him 5 to 7 wins.

He was like "really? that many wins?"

Obviously 5-7 wins has been blown out of the water, but to be honest I'm not completely in shock at what the Falcons have done this year.

My rationale on thinking we'd be at least average:

1. Crumpler, Dunn, Hall...yawn, not that big of a loss there

2. I knew if they were willing to play Matt Ryan that he'd be better even as a rookie then anything we put on the field last year

3. Addition of Turner + other rookies

4. Won 4 games last year, but lost several close games, and I knew we improved in the off season

5. The fact that it's not unusual with the parity of the NFL these days to go from 4-12 to 12-4 and vice versa

Your thoughts...

Honestly, I thought 3and13LAND for us. I figured we'd lose about 6 games by 5 or fewer pts. Reasons:

New QB

New Coach

Lot's of young but raw talent

New Kicker (and I wasn't sure how effective he'd be outside of Denver)

No Alge

LINE play(both sides) from the previous year

Backup situation(at all positions)

Glad I was wrong......

I never would have thought that this team would be this good. I thought we'd be around the .500 mark, somewhere around 8-8 maybe 7-9. However, I had a hunch that we'd be pretty good this year regardless of what many "experts" were saying. Because after all, the 1998 team that went so far was also being called a "1-15" type of team, and look how we defied those odds.

I figured depending on some bounces we would get between 7-9 wins, and would have been happy anywhere in that range. Now we are at 10 and I am ecstatic. I reasoned we won 4 last year, upgraded the run, O-line, Qb was going to be a push or slightly better, and had some upgrades at D, as well as major upgrade to coaches and less distractions. I never could understand the 1-15 predictions, but I didn't think we would go 10-11 wins this year, now next year that would have been my prediction.