matthew stafford and knowshonmoreno

cpm

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't laugh but i think Moreno could end up with us. It sounds crazy with Norwood on roster. But it's not. It's a classic NEw England type pick. Someone of value who upgrades your position is available for very little extra cost. You nab it.

Knowshon and Michael Turner would be a Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart type pairing--maybe better.

Before anyone blasts me, you could see Norwood kept around but moved around like a Kevin Faulk type.

Stafford is probably going to be a top 5 pick, which is mystifying. He's not fit to carry Sam Bradford's jock.

Moreno is a mid-first round pick with a lot of upside.

Why is Bradford some how much better than Stafford, Bradford does not know what its like to be put under pressure from DE's his Oline gives him all day to pass. He is not going to get that much time in the NFL. Bradford plays big 12 defense's while Stafford plays in the SEC. Bradford plays in the spread offense while Stafford plays in a pro style. Bradford doesn't have to make many reads and doesn't have the arm strength of Stafford. Yes his accuracy is great but if I am Detroit I take Stafford over Bradford every time.

Why is Bradford some how much better than Stafford,

Why is the sky blue and the world 70% water? That's just how things are.

I am Detroit I take Stafford over Bradford every time.

And here I thought Matt Millen was gone.

Stafford is fine, he just isn't anything special.

Why is Bradford some how much better than Stafford, Bradford does not know what its like to be put under pressure from DE's his Oline gives him all day to pass. He is not going to get that much time in the NFL. Bradford plays big 12 defense's while Stafford plays in the SEC. Bradford plays in the spread offense while Stafford plays in a pro style. Bradford doesn't have to make many reads and doesn't have the arm strength of Stafford. Yes his accuracy is great but if I am Detroit I take Stafford over Bradford every time.

exactly. thats what i think too. playing the spread offense means he does not make good reads like stafford does, he plays almost exclusively in the shotgun and does not audible at the line at all like stafford does. bradford is the better college qb but stafford will be the better NFL qb. thats what i think.

I don't think Bradford is anything special myself.

i think hes a special college player but in the NFL i think the learning curve may prove too steep for him. he will be way behind as far as adjusting to a pro style offense goes. stafford will even have to sit for a year and hes started 3 years in a pro style offense at georgia. what does that say about how long it will take bradford to adjust? id say 2-3 years at least.

you don't deny any of my points

Sure I do. I thought they bordered on being a complete waste of my time they were so homer-ish in tone. Bradford is one of the most accurate college QBs I have ever seen. In fact, I'm one game away from saying he is THE most accurate. Stafford is a guy whose hype in no way, shape or form matches his in-game accomplishments. If he can't do well against South Carolina, how is he going to succeed in the pros?

what does that say about how long it will take bradford to adjust? id say 2-3 years at least.

Bradford had never played in Oklahoma's system prior to attending there. Somehow, he still completed 80% of his passes in his first three games. I've never seen anything like Sam Bradford and I've said as much here on a handful of occasions. No one should make the college game look this easy. It's not natural.

And jidady also thought that Matt Ryan was a sure bust. :lol:

Shows what he knows.

we all did. just about everybody but MSalmon was hating on matt ryan including me and you. i changed my tune after i saw the game tape but the point still remains most of us were really down on him for a while, not just jidady.

bradford is extremely accurate, i just dont see him make a lot of nfl throws when i watch tape of him. not as far as arm strength or accuracy, but as far as anticipation, making good reads and throwing to the receiver before he is open, not after. bradford does a lot of throwing to receivers after they are already open, and that is very concerning.

Sure I do. I thought they bordered on being a complete waste of my time they were so homer-ish in tone. Bradford is one of the most accurate college QBs I have ever seen. In fact, I'm one game away from saying he is THE most accurate. Stafford is a guy whose hype in no way, shape or form matches his in-game accomplishments. If he can't do well against South Carolina, how is he going to succeed in the pros?

How are they homerish, the big 12 donn't play good defense, The spread system is not a good system to judge QB's by otherwise Brennan would have gone on day 1.

I never said Bradford isn't acurate as he is but playing in a spread in the big 12 is going to hugely inflate your numbers.

At the start of the season I said Stafford was over hyped aswell by the vocal dog fans on here but after watching him closely in games this season he can make throws no other QB in college can make, Is mobile in the pocket and has experience playing in a pro style offense.

As I said in my first post in this thread Stafford needs to sit and learn for a year before starting as he will be playing behind a Detroit Oline, so will need to be able to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Ryan played in a pro style offense at BC and that helped him hugely.

The spread offense in college makes QB's very difficult to judge, I don't deny Bradford is acurate but playing in the shotgun for the majority of snaps is not a good way to prepare for the NFL.

And Bradford is not going to get the time he gets at Oklahoma in the NFL, that Oline gives him so much time in college he is not going to be prepared to play behind a Oline like the Lions in the NFL.

At the start of the season I said Stafford was over hyped as well by the vocal dog fans on here but after watching him closely in games this season he can make throws no other QB in college can make, Is mobile in the pocket and has experience playing in a pro style offense.

Nail on head.

Stafford whether you love or hate the guy can make every and I mean EVERY NFL throw. No one else in this draft class can come close to that. He's used to lining up under center, making reads and executing a style of offense that every NFL team employs. To say he's not worth a top 5 pick is dumb. Sure he has some holes in his game as does everyone else. It's the potential that everyone looks at. He's got more of it than any other QB.

we all did. just about everybody but MSalmon was hating on matt ryan including me and you. i changed my tune after i saw the game tape but the point still remains most of us were really down on him for a while, not just jidady.

I appreciate your defending me, but do me a favor. I have the troll on ignore after I got tired of seeing him name-call and behave like a six-year-old. Please don't quote him so that I can continue to enjoy seeing "Posted Today, 02:58 PM

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: pit&atlfan81." rather than his nonsensical waste of time replies.

bradford is extremely accurate, i just dont see him make a lot of nfl throws when i watch tape of him. not as far as arm strength or accuracy, but as far as anticipation, making good reads and throwing to the receiver before he is open, not after. bradford does a lot of throwing to receivers after they are already open, and that is very concerning.

I just don't see how a guy can be this accurate and have it not be a deep-set reflection of his understanding scheme and structure. If you look at his completion percentages this year, it's...well, it's historically unprecedented. He's had 77%, 76%, 85%, 56%, 74%, 71%, 68%, 41%, 70%, 67%, 74%, 68% and 69%. So, he's Kansas State away from having a flawless season in terms of completion percentage and it's not dink and dunk stuff, either. His career yards per attempt is almost 10. I think that a lot of people are going to nitpick Bradford because it's human nature to think that no one can be THAT good. Using every empirical evaluation of him possible, however, he is. I mentioned it last season, I said it after four games this year and I'm saying it again now. I kept waiting for him to come back down to Earth, but he never did. This is just who he is.

I never said Bradford isn't acurate as he is but playing in a spread in the big 12 is going to hugely inflate your numbers.

Even if you take off 25% from his stats, they're still mind-boggling.

At the start of the season I said Stafford was over hyped aswell by the vocal dog fans on here but after watching him closely in games this season he can make throws no other QB in college can make, Is mobile in the pocket and has experience playing in a pro style offense.

The pro style offense debate is one that is going to continue indefinitely as the college game continues to evolve in terms of novelty offenses while the pros remain conventional. I cede that being in a pro style offense is an asset for pro prospect over the spread. I also have been first in line to acknowledge that Stafford's physical tools are outstanding. The problem is that for all his hype and tools, he's not been that great a college player.

Stafford has a pedestrian career completion percentage of 57%. He has a mediocre career passer rating of 132. His college TDs to INTs ratio is only 1.5 (48 TDs versus 32 INTs). Even if we didn't acknowledge the gameday threads littered with frustrated Georgia fans who don't believe he's done what he should, there would still be a simple elephant in the living room with Stafford. He's not been as good in the same system as David Greene was, and Greene washed out in the pros. Greene was at least a winner. Stafford has underachieved despite having much more surrounding talent. Stafford is one of those tools guys whose skillset blinds scouts about the player he actually is. I'd draft him in the middle rounds as a developmental player, but he's certainly not worthy of a high draft pick.

Yes but NE already had a good defense to be able to pick and chose in the draft, we on the other hand have a bad defense.

You are correct. But again, look at their philosophy even prior to dominate years--pick BPA that will provide upgrade. With a guy like Norwood, who is so shifty and versatile he's made for a Kevin Faulk role. The other reason i threw that out (i have absolutely nothing to base this upon but my own loose logic) is that our defense is not nearly as terrible as folks think, and quite frankly i see us adding some key FAs to weak areas and using the draft for depth. Case in point: our secondary is young and good. if we resign Foxworth then we are basically **** good at corners. So we may draft another safety, but that position is not necessary to get first round and none of the safeties with the exception of Moore stand out as elite first round safeties. And is he really elite when compared to Moreno? I think not.