Who were the better falcons?

FireDawg85

OK! I must point out something that everyone is missing!!!

This Season isn't over yet! The '98 Season ended with the Super Bowl Loss...For this season, we don't know yet! If we lose in the first round of the playoffs, the '98 Team gets the nod. If we win the division, conference, and Super Bowl, then I think the '08 Falcons are obviously the better team.

You can only truly compare two events after both events are finished!

Yes I totally agree. As Coach Smith said the other day, let's wait until the "body of work" is completed before we try to assess this team.

OK! I must point out something that everyone is missing!!!

This Season isn't over yet! The '98 Season ended with the Super Bowl Loss...For this season, we don't know yet! If we lose in the first round of the playoffs, the '98 Team gets the nod. If we win the division, conference, and Super Bowl, then I think the '08 Falcons are obviously the better team.

You can only truly compare two events after both events are finished!

duncesr7.gif

98, and it isn't even close.

In 98 we had a very good defense and led the nfl in turnover differential. This year we really had trouble getting turnovers outside of the minnesota game.

It really cant even be argued that we have a better QB this year, Chandler was an All-Pro in 98 and played better than Ryan has this year.

The only spot I think this team is better is the WR position.

98, and it isn't even close.

In 98 we had a very good defense and led the nfl in turnover differential. This year we really had trouble getting turnovers outside of the minnesota game.

It really cant even be argued that we have a better QB this year, Chandler was an All-Pro in 98 and played better than Ryan has this year.

The only spot I think this team is better is the WR position.

haha, i read the thread wrong, i didnt realize it said 04 instead of 08.

98 is better than them in every area. 04 and 08 are a better comparison, those teams are on a similar level, but 04 did have a better defense.