Who were the better falcons?

FireDawg85

I guess since 98 went to othe SB, this post is over :huh:

2008 team is better then both, no outlaws on the team, or convicts, no one on the team thats going to embarass you like eugene robinson did back in 98 , we play as a team and win and lose as a team. and we havent been blown out in a game yet, both the 98 and 04 team got blown out at some point or another. so those teams were good, this team is better./thread

Not according to someone who became a fan in 1970 :huh: . So mayby he will say that 98 was better than 04. I think this team is similar to the 98 team, just a better QB. We had a beeter kick returner in little Timmiy, but I say this team under Smith has the edge

i dont care what a fan thats been a fan since 1970 says, all you had to do to know that the 2008 is better then 1998 team is be a fan in 1998 and this team is better and this is a better season, even if we are one and done in the playoffs.

This falcon team is good and lucky.....the last two weeks you guys has been more lucky then good ....first you get a tampa team with their best QB,,,,,then the next week you get 4 gifts from the vikings....no 7 turnovers..that viking team didnt want that game they was not ready to play

This falcon team is good and lucky.....the last two weeks you guys has been more lucky then good ....first you get a tampa team with their best QB,,,,,then the next week you get 4 gifts from the vikings....no 7 turnovers..that viking team didnt want that game they was not ready to play

We played against the exact same QB as we did the first time we played them and lost. Also, we took those 4 turnovers - nobody gives anything in the NFL. The Viking team didn't want the game. If that makes you feel better, live on it.

10 - 5 and in the playoffs. Oh, how nice of all the NFL teams to give us these gifts.

Well really hate to bust your bubble but every team in the NFL that is in the playoff''s has been lucky. Colt's are lucky that some of thier key players have started getting healthy. Pat's are lucky that back up QB turned out to be as good as he became, and on and on.

You make the statement "7 turnovers..that viking team didnt want that game " I can reply back only doing something with 2 of they we didn't want that game very bad either. The truth is none of that matters any more it's in the past. Only thing that really matters now is us winning Sunday. Saint winning also would be really great and if that takes a little luck to happen then so be it.

As for which team is better - I wouldn't say either. They are different. The '98 team was a veteran team with a veteran SB coach. It was a much different team, although there are many lines drawn this year to that year, oddly enough.

Either way - they were/are both OUR team - and you can't ask for more than that!

JUST LIKE YOU WEREN'T READY TO MAKE THIS POST. AS FOR LUCK, I'VE

NEVER KNOWN ANY ONE WHO HAS BEATEN LUCK. DON'T YOU KNOW,

LUCK IS UNDEFEATED. I'LL KEEP THE LUCK! <_<

OK you guys are kidding right?

As stated in my 2004>>>>2008 team post, the 2008 team is not a good run stopping team and not a good kick or punt return team. Two areas considered to be extrememly important in the NFL.

If you guys aren't kidding then I must say that either extreme homerism or just flat out ignorance has started to set in. Geez.

To answer the question the thread asks:

1998>>>>2004. By far.

In fact the 1998 team is the best in franchise history. T

Better to be lucky than good

As stated in my 2004>>>>2008 team post, the 2008 team is not a good run stopping team and not a good kick or punt return team. Two areas considered to be extrememly important in the NFL.

If you guys aren't kidding then I must say that either extreme homerism or just flat out ignorance has started to set in. Geez.

1998>>>>2004. By far.

I think the 2004 team could beat this team because of matchup probelms (Stopping Tjack was a big problem for this team and MV would've killed us), but I think that this team can go further in the playoffs than the 2004 team because of balance. The 2004 team was one-diminsional and the Eagles exposed that.

However, I'd just like to respectfully say to the above poster, that even though the 2004 team was better at stopping the run, they still had their problems with it as well and the pass defense was non-existent. If you could get a couple of seconds to throw on them you could find more holes in the secondary than in a block of swiss cheese.

1998>>>>2004. By far.

They certainly got us further to date. I think the best is yet to come. I will say that, to me, there has never been a better defense than our '77 team.

Stats, stats, and more stats.......

you know what the prob with stats are? they are just that, a way to guage woulda, shoulda, and coulda! You can compare stats all day long till you are blue in the face. In the the real NFL its any given sunday, and with that there are gonna be upsets, it comes down to 1 thing and 1 thing only......... Who wants to win? Who wants to taste victory, who wants to advance? There isnt a stat for team synergy. There isnt a stat for believing, Every team faces a 50/50 chance to win, the only deciding factor is who wants it more. Set aside the we are blah and blah at home. Those figured will in the end prove nothing. If we believed in stats and only stats, then there was no way we could have beat tampa! I mean cmon the south is virtually undefeated at home right? Take your stats, toss them right out the window, and just have faith that your team will bring it home............

GO FLACONS!, so far against all odds, The so called experts said... 3-loss, showed who is the expert didnt we?

OK! I must point out something that everyone is missing!!!

This Season isn't over yet! The '98 Season ended with the Super Bowl Loss...For this season, we don't know yet! If we lose in the first round of the playoffs, the '98 Team gets the nod. If we win the division, conference, and Super Bowl, then I think the '08 Falcons are obviously the better team.

You can only truly compare two events after both events are finished!

98 had a chance to go all the way. Eugene Dirtball Robinson set the tone for the D when he fell down on that monster play to Rod Smith because he had spent all night in jail after his efforts to go hooking and cheat on his wife after winning NFL Man of the Year. We fell behind at that point and never looked forward.

Silly thread-98 Birds could've finished the drill. 04 finesse Birds teams beaten in smash mouth game and didn't get past the NFCCG at Philly.

98 had a chance to go all the way. Eugene Dirtball Robinson fell down on that monster play to Rod Smith because he had spent all night in jail after his efforts to go hooking and cheat on his wife after winning NFL Man of the Year.

Silly thread-98 Birds could've finished the drill. 04 finesse Birds teams beaten in smash mouth game and didn't get past the NFCCG at Philly.

I take exception to this statement about finesse. Atlanta never has and never will be a finesse team. Blue collar all the way! It's our identity.