Clayton thinks Haynesworth's most likely destination is Atlanta or Denver

RoastBeeph

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say bring AH in and let him talk to Smitty and TD and let them get a feel for the guy and if they aprove and sign him I would not question that. I would also like to show everyone where we rank in salary in the NFL I think we can afford alittle more.

NFL Team Payrolls

Rk Player Salary (US$)

1 Cowboys $151,883,085

2 Raiders $144,989,291

3 Vikings $136,859,045

4 Saints $134,577,060

5 Steelers $127,915,061

6 Titans $125,722,443

7 Browns $125,486,020

8 Jaguars $121,705,447

9 Bears $120,715,139

10 49ers $118,766,239

11 Cardinals $117,999,830

12 Rams $117,456,700

13 Redskins $116,297,554

14 Giants $116,266,340

15 Bills $113,364,927

16 Jets $113,287,504

17 Dolphins $112,781,125

18 Chargers $112,312,500

19 Panthers $112,114,711

20 Bengals $110,474,275

21 Eagles $110,211,638

22 Texans $107,692,458

23 Buccaneers $100,830,331

24 Seahawks $98,961,570

25 Broncos $96,067,758

26 Falcons $95,941,485

27 Colts $93,177,855

28 Lions $92,962,832

29 Packers $92,427,250

30 Patriots $91,527,400

31 Ravens $90,914,605

32 Chiefs $81,014,776

What about character? Doesn't completely seem like a "team-first", win-as-a-team kind of guy. TD seems to really believe in that, not just preach it because it sounds nice. Does Haynesworth fit that mold?

Yes, considering after his incident of head stomping he sought help for his attitude and help with his techniques in the form of one Chuck Smith, a local boy. He has ties here, and putting him that much closer to Chuck, wow, scary.

If not Haynesworth, what about Peppers? He's a FA after this season, right?

Peppers is actually my #1 hope for our big free-agent splash, only because I'm not sure we're honestly interested in Haynesworth. If the team management feels his talent outweighs his past character issues, though, he is probably our most likely target in the offseason.

If we land Peppers OR Haynesworth, I'm completely comfortable with us doing nothing else in free agency. :P We can fill our other holes (DT/DE, SS, OLB, TE) in the draft.

The key thing is to continue to lock up the good players we do have. And let's not forget we have some good players coming back from the IR next season: Trey Lewis, Von Hutchins, Ben Hartsock, Thomas Brown, and Robert James all should play a role next season.

Cut Jamaal to free up some future cap space and let Davis start there.

Then draft a SLB early and watch this defense jump into the top 5 in the NFL.....championship!

realsing Anderson and re-working Brooking for cheap would a;ll but pay his deal annually. A guy like Hayneworth paired with a good draft is really all we need to be a serious SB contender IMO. Our offense as is will be top 5 next season IMO.

You have a valid point: There is alot on money that Anderson is accounting for that is not paying dividins on the field, and that would give us more room. BUT! I use to rack my brain year in and year out to try and work scenerios out, now I don't think it's going to be an issue anymore with TD pulling the trigger.

Last year we had one major free agent signing and that was on offense Turner and then we got depth with free agents. I see us doing the same thing this year one major signing this time on defense (Haynesworth,Peppers, Suggs) and then some solid depth. Then I think the draft will be all defense except for one pick an O-linemen around the third round or fourth round. This way you build mostly throght the draft but use some key free agents to fill out the roster.

The thing about Peppers. He is BEST at RDE; he stuggled mightily when the Panties moved him to LDE a year ago. We already have a RDE in Abraham. I do not want to sign Peppers and then move him to LDE.

That may be because he's the only threat. You put him besides Abraham, which they would rotate through out the game anyway. That would be the number one tandem in the NFL. I think that Babs has proven himself up the middle. Even if he's not Albert, with Peppers and Abraham at the ends, he will be awesome.

That's what my realtor told me. He's also a reporter for a national media syndicate. He said that's what TD and Artie told him our priorities. are.

I'm calling BS on this. I'm not saying you are the one BSing, but if your not, your friend is. Neither Arthur nor TD are allowed to comment on any player currently under contract. Besides, even if this was just a hunch, Terrell Suggs in no way fits our scheme.

haynesworth in the middle would monsterfy this defense. him and babs in the middle? that would be insane. and abe on one end. then we could focus on drafting a top flight safety (which automatically upgrades our corners). and we like our young LBs (keith, unfortunately, would have to restructure -- no hard feelings, i just don't see him being able to perform up to his cap number for next year).

Haynesworth is worth whatever he costs. There are very few difference makers that can take a middle of the road defense and make them top 5. Peppers can't. Abe can't. Champ Bailey is the best CB, but even he can't. Ray Lewis is one, Polamalu another, Haynesworth is too. These guys are like franchise QBs. They single handidly transform the level of play on their side of the ball. They make everyone around them better and more successful. Signing them is like upgrading every position on defense. As for personal issues, being mean and nasty and stomping someone's head is not the same as being a locker room cancer or me first player. Bring em home TD!!!!!

I'm calling BS on this. I'm not saying you are the one BSing, but if your not, your friend is. Neither Arthur nor TD are allowed to comment on any player currently under contract. Besides, even if this was just a hunch, Terrell Suggs in no way fits our scheme.

A team can say if they have intentions to try to trade for or sign a player while that player is under contract. T Suggs plays OLB/DE He fits any scheme

Haynesworth is worth whatever he costs. There are very few difference makers that can take a middle of the road defense and make them top 5. Peppers can't. Abe can't. Champ Bailey is the best CB, but even he can't. Ray Lewis is one, Polamalu another, Haynesworth is too. These guys are like franchise QBs. They single handidly transform the level of play on their side of the ball. They make everyone around them better and more successful. Signing them is like upgrading every position on defense. As for personal issues, being mean and nasty and stomping someone's head is not the same as being a locker room cancer or me first player. Bring em home TD!!!!!

Well said, and agreed.