Clayton thinks Haynesworth's most likely destination is Atlanta or Denver

RoastBeeph

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on Earth would anyone want Anderson to play DT? He isnt disappointing enough playing his current position?

He's not bad vs the run ..He is disapointment at a speed rush on the outside. I think Anderson in the middle can cause some problems for teams cause they wont be allowed to double Abraham on the outside. Anderson has shown he can also bat some passes down ..Plus what we need is s player like Michael Johnson to play across from Abraham and sub him in ..Im not as worried about putting pressure on the QB from the inside cause I think Babs does a decent enough job at that..Im more worried about being gashed with the rushing attack up the middle. I think Lofton has played well at MLB that we know we can start to build around him..Whats the sense of keeping Anderson on the outside anymore...We throw him inside and hope he shows something..

Ill go the much cheaper route then signing Haynsworth who is going to want a boat load. Whats the sense..Give me Sean Jones , resign Fox and draft a guy like Michael Johnson..

You put Johnson and Abraham on the field we have DES that will consistent put pressure on the QB

Jamaal has only played DT on passing downs when we do stunts.... And he SUCKS at it. I would also contest that he plays the run well. This guy has been responsible for so many backside runs over the last 2 years. I know he's young. But there is nothing about this guy that would lead anyone to believe he could play DT.... And what DT? UT? We have Babs and Moorehead. I know no one wants to see Jamaal at the nose.

I know people want to put Jamaal at DT or at TE. But if Jamaal isnt playing DE in the NFL, he's not going to be in the NFL.

There's another thread about locking in Roddy White for the long term. Can this team afford to reward Roddy and sign Haynesworth? And if they can, whats left for 3 - 5 years from now?

The money we need to resign Roddy can easily be taken from Brookings salary. He's hitting our cap with 7,9 million this season, and thats 7,9 million reasons not to resign him at that salary.

The money we need to resign Roddy can easily be taken from Brookings salary. He's hitting our cap with 7,9 million this season, and thats 7,9 million reasons not to resign him at that salary.

But when that money is given to another player, it STILL counts against the cap. Did you really think once Brooking is gone they can give his money to another player and it won't count against the cap? :lol:

If we are going to guarantee a lot of money to a player, I'd rather it be to a proven commodity in Hanesworth. MJ has potential, but so did JA98.

Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said Wednesday that when the window of negotiation with franchised defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth reopens on Monday that he plans to contact agent Chad Speck to rekindle talks.

The Titans franchised Haynesworth in February and after July 15 were not permitted to negotiate with him anymore until after the regular season.

“I’d think we’d touch base and kind of bring each other up to date. It would be a great time to kind of re-establish that relationship,” Reinfeldt said.

Efforts to reach Speck on Wednesday were unsuccessful.

Reinfeldt said next week will be a good time to restart talks, especially since the Titans have a first-round playoff bye and there would be no interference with game preparation. He said he still hopes to have something in place with Haynesworth before free agency begins.

“I think it’d be very nice for both sides to get something done before the market opens, and before you get to free agency,” Reinfeldt said. “But with this stuff, you never know. Sometimes you have to do that, sometimes you don’t. I think there would a lot of upside for both sides if we could arrive at the right thing before free agency came.”

I think locking in Roddy is key. I would not want to spend the money that Haynesworth would command. I would rather go after someone like Tank Johnson (much better gun laws in GA) and focus on both outside backer positions in the off season through FA or the draft. Sprinkle in another DB in there plus some depth along the o-line and a lights out return man things will look good.

I will ask this question, is the D-Line the primary focus? I think not. We have mostly been gashed in nickle situations, the run d up the middle has been pretty strong. It is the outside rush game, plus coverage of backs and TE's has been the Achillies heel of this defense. That would be the weakness that I would address and that starts with the Will and Sam backers.

no way this happens. if it did, i would be ecstatic, but this guy is going to be wanting so much money. he'd take us from whatever we are on defense to top 3 easily. then we'd have a first round draft pick to draft a linebacker, safety, or defensive tackle. he would be a GREAT addition, but i don't see it happening.

Cut Jamaal to free up some future cap space and let Davis start there.

Then draft a SLB early and watch this defense jump into the top 5 in the NFL.....championship!

realsing Anderson and re-working Brooking for cheap would a;ll but pay his deal annually. A guy like Hayneworth paired with a good draft is really all we need to be a serious SB contender IMO. Our offense as is will be top 5 next season IMO.

I've been a HUGE proponent of going after Haynesworth for awhile. I recognize that some folks are hesitant to pay him the type of contract he is going to require (highest contract ever awarded a defensive player).

But, I would say three things...

1) It's not often that a defensive player who has been in the Defenisve Player of the Year conversation for two years running comes available. He is THE impact player on defense any defense would covet.

2) Haynesworth plays a position we absolutely need to fortify. While we have Grady, he is a one dimensional DT whose impact from play to play seems to be diminishing significantly. Haynesworth makes a difference on every play he si on the field to due to his presence alone.

3) DT is perhaps the most difficult position outside of QB to predict success for collegians making the transition to the NFL. Dorsey was supposed to be Warren Sapp Jr. and he played more like Benny Sapp. Do a look up on first round DT's, but it takes most awhile to get their NFL bearings. Even Haynesworth took a long time to realize his potential. Do not think that a BJ Raji or Terrance Cody can have an immediate impact.

IMO, I would be happy to spend all available FA money on Haynesworth. This goes against my usual line of thinking which is fortify what you've developed, but he instantly upgrades our defense to Top 10ville.

I've said it before and I'll say it again here. My realtor is a reporter for a national media outlet, and he's talked over lunch with Thomas Dimitroff, Arthur Blank, Coach Smith, all of the players, etc. The word he's gotten and shared with me from the front office is that we'll make no moves until we either sign Haynesworth, or he signs with someone else. The target, should he fall through (which they're not planning on letting happen) is Terrell Suggs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again here. My realtor is a reporter for a national media outlet, and he's talked over lunch with Thomas Dimitroff, Arthur Blank, Coach Smith, all of the players, etc. The word he's gotten and shared with me from the front office is that we'll make no moves until we either sign Haynesworth, or he signs with someone else. The target, should he fall through (which they're not planning on letting happen) is Terrell Suggs.
So, are you saying that the FO wants to sign either Haynesworth or Suggs?