Clayton thinks Haynesworth's most likely destination is Atlanta or Denver

RoastBeeph

Q: After hearing about Albert Haynesworth's becoming a free agent in the offseason, I got excited with the prospect that the Giants could sign him and free up double-teams on Justin Tuck. I almost immediately got worried that the Eagles could sign him and free up just about anyone else to blitz Eli Manning. If the Titans can't re-sign him, where do you see Haynesworth going in the offseason?

A: I wouldn't get too excited. Although Haynesworth can be the anchor for any defense, I don't see the Giants signing him. He'd be a force in New York, but he could damage team chemistry if he were to come in making more money than Tuck and other members of the defensive line. Plus, Fred Robbins has come on in the past two seasons and has developed into one of the better defensive tackles in the NFC. In case you don't know, Robbins is a second alternate for the Pro Bowl. Signing a free agent is great for improving the personnel of a team, but it can cause problems internally if not handled right. The Giants are in the midst of a nice run, winning the Super Bowl last season and getting the top seed in the NFC playoffs this season. They would be better served to improve through the draft and reward their own top players, which they will. If Haynesworth leaves Tennessee, I'd list Atlanta and Denver among his most likely destinations.

ESPN

That would be frigging awesome.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been crossing my fingers for Haynesworth to become a Falcon next year. Abraham desperately needs the help and a guy like Haynesworth could provide unbelievable oppurtunites for Abe.

The Falcons need to focus on D-line 1st. After we solidify the line we can work on improving our LB's and look for a future replacement for Milloy.

Im not sure I like the idea of getting Haynesworth. Babineaux (probably not spelled right but I don't care) is great at getting pressure up the middle and I would like a player like Haynesworth, but I feel we can get better value in this years draft. Plus I don't like the idea of a player who has the reputation of being a negative influence in the clubhouse.

But if TD picks him up then It must be the right decision.

He is going to ask for a lot of money. I do not want to give him so much that we can't keep improving our team. We have so many Holes to fill and getting Haynesworth will take a lot of other good options for other positions as well.

we really dont have that many holes..

WLB and DT ..but we can ask Anderson to move inside..

hoping we sign Foxworth

Remember, we free up a sizeable amount of cap space in 2010 with Vick's money finally fully off the table. I think we have room to both sign Haynesworth and still have cap space to improve the team in other areas.

Pending the resigning of Boley and Brooking we have around 30-40 million in capspace for the 09-season.