Why Mike Smith Is Coach of the Year

norwoodcvuplay

Guest WoodyPaige

He should be Coach of the Year. However, that's not really a valid reason. Most people thought the Lions would actually be decent this year after starting 6-2 last year.

He should be Coach of the Year. However, that's not really a valid reason. Most people thought the Lions would actually be decent this year after starting 6-2 last year.

Well, sure. But COME ON! How many teams can claim to be an underdog to the worst team in the history of the NFL? (Good lord willing after Sunday)

If COY is based in any way on exceeding expectations, this little factoid speaks volumes.

Week 1, Lions were favored over Falcons at the GEORGIA DOME!

End of discussion.

Anyone remember the Lions trolls?? I laugh everytime I think of Lions fans claiming they were better than us....lol

I remember them bragging about being 4-0 in the preseason, and having the best defense or something in the playoffs.....0-16 here we come, LMAO

Guest WoodyPaige
Well, sure. But COME ON! How many teams can claim to be an underdog to the worst team in the history of the NFL? (Good lord willing after Sunday)

If COY is based in any way on exceeding expectations, this little factoid speaks volumes.

Like I said...Back then, no one knew this team would go without a win this year, so it's totally irrelevant. It's like saying the Patriots should've been favored against the Rams in the SuperBowl a few years back because of what a great dynasty they turned out to be - no one knew that back then.