BJ Raji Highlights

Norwood32

1.DT , BJ Raji Boston College

2.DT , Peria Jerry Miss.

3.OT , Phil Loadholt Okl

4.OG ,Duke Robinson Okl

I'd take any of these 4 with our first as of today. Our biggest need I think is Linmen , two on each side. So I hope we take a DT , DE , OT , and a OG with our first 4 picks it falls that way , we can get a good C latter. We have Oak's 5th round pick which will be fairly high in that rd.

He isn't missing Tackles...... He is blowing up the play and forcing The RB to go the opposite Direction. Those times when RB's have to change their direction makes it hard for them to gain positive yards in the NFL because the guys are so fast. If you hesitate like he is making them do, then the rest of the team will bottle the ball carrier up. As a result, almost every Running play is going away from his direction.

I'll take him over Jerry because I have yet to see an O-lineman take him one-on-one and keep him out of the backfield. Penetration kills all offenses and he EXCELS at getting that almost every play.

both look better, but it looks like Perry has better awareness, and tackling ability.

I would be happy with either since we will be picking in the 20s.

that is one thing i have noticed as well. perry sniffs out screens and other things better, raji just doesnt seem to do those same things. i also agree that he is a more sound tackler. i think raji has better pass rush moves (you saw that nasty spin move and he stunts better than jerry does also imo). that said, its still a tough call. i think jerry will develop good pass rush moves with time but can you say that raji will learn to tackle better? its hard to say. i love that raji can dominate in the trenches. jerry can hold up versus double teams and sometimes split them, but i dont know that he can get a 1 on 1 matchup and walk his man right into the qb, disengage and get a sack like i have seen raji do. ill have to go back and review my notes and tape.

anyways, i think they are neck and neck for me right now with raji having the slightest of advantages for now.

1.DT , BJ Raji Boston College

2.DT , Peria Jerry Miss.

3.OT , Phil Loadholt Okl

4.OG ,Duke Robinson Okl

i like 1 and 2 way better than 3 and 4. loadhold nauseates me as a pass blocker. even in the run game he leans into his blockers and doesnt have good technique. he is extremely raw and even though people have him ranked high now i would be willing to guess that he will slide down rankings after the senior bowl and perhaps the combine also. thats just my gut feeling on him. too many times i have seen him engage a guy and have him locked down and instead of continuing to move his feet or something he leans and as the player engages he falls right on his face. that is a definite red flag for me.

robinson is good but i wouldnt pick him in round 1. we need LB help and DT help more than we need a guy to replace harvey dahl or tyson clabo (assuming we move him inside as depth at both RG and RT) at RG imo.

He isn't missing Tackles...... He is blowing up the play and forcing The RB to go the opposite Direction. Those times when RB's have to change their direction makes it hard for them to gain positive yards in the NFL because the guys are so fast. If you hesitate like he is making them do, then the rest of the team will bottle the ball carrier up. As a result, almost every Running play is going away from his direction.

I'll take him over Jerry because I have yet to see an O-lineman take him one-on-one and keep him out of the backfield. Penetration kills all offenses and he EXCELS at getting that almost every play.

good point but one thing you dont see in these highlights is him getting taken out of the play. i havent seen that happen unless he plays too high (which he usually doesnt do, he has gotten much better about that from his junior year) against an OG or double team OR when a LT blocks down on him.

in the va tech game i saw the LT block down on him and move him wherever he wanted 3-4 times that i can remember specifically. that speaks to either his awareness or his motor, im not sure which. but ive never seen that happen to jerry. its tough to fight off a block down like that especially with the OG helping, but he just got manhandled and cleared out multiple times from the same player on i think the same play. that is a bit concerning.

however, ive seen him get a 1 on 1 matchup with a guard and multiple times just walk him right into the qb, or get a good punch and rip off a great spin move or stunt well or even at times play 3-4 DE and walk the RT right back into the QB too. all that in just the VT game. i have another couple games i need to rewatch in addition to having seen them live. but those plays were very impressive.

i just have small questions about his awareness, tackling ability and occasionally his motor. i have a couple questions about jerry (who i also really like) and brandon spikes (who i like most of anyone) as well.

-Mr. Offseason

The penetration he gets is amazing. I have now joined the BJ Raji Fan Club.

One thing people need to remember is Jerry is playing in the SEC , That means a lot IMO , He's playing against and has been working against a lot better pro type players than Raji. I think Jerry is a little underrated. So if we end up with him I'd be fine with that pick .

One thing people need to remember is Jerry is playing in the SEC , That means a lot IMO , He's playing against and has been working against a lot better pro type players than Raji. I think Jerry is a little underrated. So if we end up with him I'd be fine with that pick .

all that means he's playing against better competition. doesn't mean anything when determining who will be the best player. Matt Ryan played in the ACC last year

all that means he's playing against better competition. doesn't mean anything when determining who will be the best player. Matt Ryan played in the ACC last year

It might not to you but it dose to me, Plus it don't mean as much with a QB as it dose with Lineman. I'm sure that Ryan can give some good info on Raji to TD thou.

With all of the spread offenses and things like that, it is hard to say who will work out in the NFL. Most of these players have to come into a totally different game than they played in college. Spread offenses help O-Lineman in that the quarterback is always in shotgun and it is very little power running.

I wouldn't say that the SEC has better Lineman. We do not know who will work out. I wouldn't take a guy just because of what Conference he plays in.

I do not care if a player plays at Georgia or Clark Atlanta. If he has good sound fundamentals, and can digest the NFL game, then they have a chance at being successful.

The College game is almost irrelevant...... That is why I do not pay much attention to stats. It is all about how that one player's skill and how it translates into the NFL. You cannot go off of what they do in College.