Gifts from Ryan and Turner?

fedexguy77

The Falcons offensive line and fullback Ovie Mughelli had an early gift waiting outside their lockers Wednesday afternoon... A rather large gift.

Quarterback Matt Ryan and running back Michael Turner chipped in to give each of the starters a new, high-definition, flat screen television.

"It was just an opportunity to give back and show how appreciative myself and Mike were for all they've done for us this year," said Ryan, who has shattered rookie expectations with more than 3,200 passing yards, 15 touchdowns and an 89.7 passer rating. "It felt like a good thing to do."

Turner is heading to the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career. He is second in the NFL with 16 rushing touchdowns and has one more regular-season game to add to his 1,491 rushing yards.

"Nobody expected a lot from those guys but they proved everybody wrong," he said.

The offensive line has the Falcons in the top-5 in rushing offense (145.3 yards per game). The unit has included a rookie and two-second year players and has allowed just four sacks in the last seven games (two last Sunday).

"It just shows they appreciate what we do for them. We really appreciate the gift and their play this year," center Todd McClure said. "It's been a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep it going."

LINK

The Falcons offensive line and fullback Ovie Mughelli had an early gift waiting outside their lockers Wednesday afternoon... A rather large gift.

Quarterback Matt Ryan and running back Michael Turner chipped in to give each of the starters a new, high-definition, flat screen television.

"It was just an opportunity to give back and show how appreciative myself and Mike were for all they've done for us this year," said Ryan, who has shattered rookie expectations with more than 3,200 passing yards, 15 touchdowns and an 89.7 passer rating. "It felt like a good thing to do."

Turner is heading to the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career. He is second in the NFL with 16 rushing touchdowns and has one more regular-season game to add to his 1,491 rushing yards.

"Nobody expected a lot from those guys but they proved everybody wrong," he said.

The offensive line has the Falcons in the top-5 in rushing offense (145.3 yards per game). The unit has included a rookie and two-second year players and has allowed just four sacks in the last seven games (two last Sunday).

"It just shows they appreciate what we do for them. We really appreciate the gift and their play this year," center Todd McClure said. "It's been a lot of fun and hopefully we can keep it going."

LINK

I absolutely LOVE the fact that our RB AND QB gave nice gifts to the O-line......Honestly I could have never imagined our line would do so well this year. Some was Matt Ryan and recognizing when to throw it away.....and I LOVED the BLALOCK pick a year ago. But I did not think we would look this good SO SOON.....and Harvey Dahl deserves a standing O.......that kid ROCKS.....

I heard tonight someone say don't be surprised if you see the Falcons in the superbowl.....

Another telling sign of what great chemistry is that Turner didn't even want anyone to know that he had a part in it. He just laughed and said Santa gave it to them... :lol:

And it never fails when anyone on the team talks to the media, they won't take any credit for the wins, but their always the first to step up and take the blame for the losses.

What is it with some of you guys acting like some spoiled #####es, pardon the expression. I'm pretty sure its the thought that matters, especially this time of year -_-

I agree, it's not about what they got, it's more about the thought. These guys don't get the credit they deserve, that was Ryan's and Turner's way to show them that they give them credit. I really don't understand some people here ...