Towel Stomping

Karst41

Fisher calls Terrible Towel stomp ‘unnecessary’

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Jeff Fisher didn’t see any of his Titans stomping their feet on Terrible Towels after beating the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Linebacker Keith Bulluck dropped a towel, then swiped his foot across it celebrating the Titans’ 31-14 rout of the Steelers on Sunday. He wasn’t alone. Running back LenDale White stomped on a towel, and defensive end Jevon Kearse used one as he pretended to blow his nose in actions replayed in video highlights over and over.

Fisher defended his players, saying the Terrible Towel is just a towel to the Titans.

“They don’t understand the significance or the meaning of the towel itself to the organization, the Steelers history or the Steelers fans,” he said. “On one hand, I think they were having fun and just playing with a towel. It was certainly not a shot at the organization or the players or the staff or the fans.”

Who scared of a Towell anyway unless its rolled into a Rat Tail with a Wet Tip.

However when I envision a Team Coming here and trying to Diss Off a Hick'ry Stick.

A few Happy Thoughts come to Mind. ;)

Cheers

Okay - to say they don't understand the significance is total BS. I'm surprised at Fisher. I hope they see the Steelers in post season. I'd like them to lose to them and then have the steelers bring a paper chain out and cut it link by link. Then they should bring a ball of tape out with a Bryan Pride sign on it and burn it right on the field.

Okay - to say they don't understand the significance is total BS. I'm surprised at Fisher. I hope they see the Steelers in post season. I'd like them to lose to them and then have the steelers bring a paper chain out and cut it link by link. Then they should bring a ball of tape out with a Bryan Pride sign on it and burn it right on the field.

I really don't understand the love for the steelers, and quite frankly I did not have a problem with what was done to their precious towel. Does anyone remember 06 when they took over the GA dome. They are stuck up ,obnoxious fans that think they invented the NFL. I really wish that fans of other teams would not sell their seats to steeler fans when they come to town (those nuts will pay anything to see their team). I respect them for having a strong fanbase and all, but I will never forget a seahawk game a few years ago on tv...They were finishing off their regular season . The camera panned to the stands and this pitt fan un rolls a "steelers country" sign (which was quickly yanked down by a seattle fan). Seriously, they are like roaches-they are everywhere...And what do people normally do when they see a roach- STOMP ON IT.

I really don't understand the love for the steelers, and quite frankly I did not have a problem with what was done to their precious towel. Does anyone remember 06 when they took over the GA dome. They are stuck up ,obnoxious fans that think they invented the NFL. I really wish that fans of other teams would not sell their seats to steeler fans when they come to town (those nuts will pay anything to see their team). I respect them for having a strong fanbase and all, but I will never forget a seahawk game a few years ago on tv...They were finishing off their regular season . The camera panned to the stands and this pitt fan un rolls a "steelers country" sign (which was quickly yanked down by a seattle fan). Seriously, they are like roaches-they are everywhere...And what do people normally do when they see a roach- STOMP ON IT.

I really wish our team had the same kind of support. The Steelers were a horrible team for over 40 years - they were kind of like us. Then they became a winning team and have been the most consistent winning team since. I really hope that we do the same thing.

However, it's one thing for the fans to show up in droves and try to dominate a stadium in support of their team, and another for the team players to antagonize the team and the fans in a classless act.

Similar to TO running out to the star or the Bucs messing with our logo or Dwane Bowe doing the dirty bird in our endzone. It's crossing the line and jabbing at the fans. I hope they crush them.

I really wish our team had the same kind of support. The Steelers were a horrible team for over 40 years - they were kind of like us. Then they became a winning team and have been the most consistent winning team since. I really hope that we do the same thing.

However, it's one thing for the fans to show up in droves and try to dominate a stadium in support of their team, and another for the team players to antagonize the team and the fans in a classless act.

Similar to TO running out to the star or the Bucs messing with our logo or Dwane Bowe doing the dirty bird in our endzone. It's crossing the line and jabbing at the fans. I hope they crush them.

It is all a part of competitive sports. You just take it and let it fuel you the next time. This is what makes sports soo fun.

I thought it was pretty ****ed up, but as it's been said, that's the fun in sports. that team shouldn't give them any more fuel for their next probable match-up, but if the Titans believe they can back it up, why not do it? as you said Tandy, you know, we know, everybody knows all of them knew what they were doing. they know what repercussions could come to them, and they believe they are good enough to back it. it makes for an even better game, and a million more storylines if they meet up again in the play-offs. I'd pay to see that game.

I thought it was pretty ****ed up, but as it's been said, that's the fun in sports. that team shouldn't give them any more fuel for their next probable match-up, but if the Titans believe they can back it up, why not do it? as you said Tandy, you know, we know, everybody knows all of them knew what they were doing. they know what repercussions could come to them, and they believe they are good enough to back it. it makes for an even better game, and a million more storylines if they meet up again in the play-offs. I'd pay to see that game.

Me too. Nothing like a blue collar throw down!

that towel stomp was my favorite celebration I've ever seen in the NFL. Fu** the Steelers and that stupid towel.

Yeah, it was definitely throwing down the gauntlet. I'm sure there will be some fire from it. However, my problem with it is Jeff Fisher acting like they "didn't know" what it meant to the Steelers and their fans. Puh-lease!

Who cares if they stomped on a towel. If it bothers the Steelers and their fans so much then Win the game and beat the Titans. There is no NFL tradition that is "holy" or "sacred". New traditions should be born and old ones thrown aside. These are the kinds of things that make football fun.

I say screw the Steelers. If 10,000 of those yellow towels were waving in the Dome then I'd want our players to do the same thing. You DO NOT let visiting fans do that in your backyard. Ever. And I don't care what team it is, or what history they have.

Yeah, it was definitely throwing down the gauntlet. I'm sure there will be some fire from it. However, my problem with it is Jeff Fisher acting like they "didn't know" what it meant to the Steelers and their fans. Puh-lease!

yeah, but it's a towel...like how much can it really mean...

and Steelers fans are out of this world obnoxious. Even at sports bars they all wear Roethlisberger jerseys, are always the loudest, and always bring that towel to the bar. Seriously. Out of this world lame.

Who cares if they stomped on a towel. If it bothers the Steelers and their fans so much then Win the game and beat the Titans. There is no NFL tradition that is "holy" or "sacred". New traditions should be born and old ones thrown aside. These are the kinds of things that make football fun.

I say screw the Steelers. If 10,000 of those yellow towels were waving in the Dome then I'd want our players to do the same thing. You DO NOT let visiting fans do that in your backyard. Ever. And I don't care what team it is, or what history they have.

BS.....if a team did that to us you would be ready to line them up and shut em down.

BS.....if a team did that to us you would be ready to line them up and shut em down.

Yup. When I see an opposing player doing the dirty bird in OUR house - I want to come over the wall. When I see them do it in their house - I want to go over the wall or through the tv - whichever the case may be.

That's ours!

Yup. When I see an opposing player doing the dirty bird in OUR house - I want to come over the wall. When I see them do it in their house - I want to go over the wall or through the tv - whichever the case may be.

That's ours!

Remember the Eagles got together and stood on our Falcons Symbol in the middle of the field.......that got ugly quick.