AZ has caussed alot of talk about Div winners and playoff berths

thanat0s

I still think the division winner should be guaranteed a playoff spot. I just don't think the seeding should be guaranteed. The seeds should be set by record alone. That way, even though an Arizona gets in playing a patsy schedule, they don't get rewarded when some other team with alot better record has proven to be a better team over the course of the season.

It's probably been thought of, I'm sure, but I think it would make the playoffs better and reward a team for winning the most games, which is the way it should be...

I understand what you're saying, but in the end, a team can only play the schedule in front of them. We basically played the same kind of schedule as the AFC East in your scenario. Next year, we have the AFC East and the NFC East. It will be much tougher for us to get to this point again. If we come through it with a great record, yet end up not winning the division, we'll be punished for that if there is another Arizona repeat next year.

what do u think about this idea? there are 16 teams in each confrence, AFC and NFC, there are 16 games a season, why not do away with cross confrence games and divisions, and have every team play every other team in their confrence, the first 6 teams win a playoff birth and seeding according to record, and tie breakers for ties. the only draw back to this that i can see is that it does away with division rivals wich i think is a great thing in the NFL.

I agree. The division rivalries are everything in football. It's something no other sport has. Most of the rivalaries in other sports aren't even in the same divisions.

I really don't think there is any sentiment out here to change the way it is now, but I just hate seeing teams who have played better all year be punished because they happen to play in a division that has multiple good teams every year.

I understand what you're saying, but in the end, a team can only play the schedule in front of them. We basically played the same kind of schedule as the AFC East in your scenario. Next year, we have the AFC East and the NFC East. It will be much tougher for us to get to this point again. If we come through it with a great record, yet end up not winning the division, we'll be punished for that if there is another Arizona repeat next year.

Yeah but at least there is 2 teams in the NFC North with winning records.

Our schedule will be harder next year, which is why we need to win it all while we have a chance. The playoffs are supposed to be hard to make, which is what makes them exciting. Sure some teams get left out while others get in, but that's the chance you gotta take and everybody has an equal chance to win their division they just gotta beat the teams on their schedule.

what do u think about this idea? there are 16 teams in each confrence, AFC and NFC, there are 16 games a season, why not do away with cross confrence games and divisions, and have every team play every other team in their confrence, the first 6 teams win a playoff birth and seeding according to record, and tie breakers for ties. the only draw back to this that i can see is that it does away with division rivals wich i think is a great thing in the NFL.

I agree hate divisions

Rivals playing the SAME crap teams every year, imagine-Playing Crappy Teams every year (X2) CAR, NO Det, KC, OAK, Seattle, SF -

it would suck, it does SUX

Wastes 3 games a year--->IN the NFC South 6-->IMO-->less Fan interest

Instead All Confernce, LOVe the Cross.

spilt the games to 8 AFC games and 8 NFC games and U have a Deal.