End Of The Year Awards...

Durrty

MVP - Michael "The Burner" Turner

Rookie of the Year - Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan

Coach of the Year - Mike "Smitty" Smith

Has any team in the history of the NFL ever won the MVP, ROY, and COY cohesively??? I think we just might.

I truly feel that these guys deserve those awards this year. Michael Turner has come in and made a big impact for our offense. I think without him in the backfield, our offense would've struggled a lot more than it has this year. Matt Ryan is indeed a "once in a generation" type of player and I'm happy as **** that we drafted him. He's come in (as a rookie starter) and has put this offense on his back and has also been quite clutch, especially on 3rd downs. He's shown his ability to lead and he's earned the trust of his teammates early on with his work ethic and play. I also considered him for MVP, but our offense evolves around the run game and Turner has been perfect in his execution of that alone. Then, we have Mike Smith. Others may think that Tony Sparano, Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins, deserves the COY, but IMO, he hasn't taken the task of re-establishing a franchise that was in shambles a year ago. Some may argue that Miami went 1-15, and we went 4-12, so he deserves it, but what's meaningful to me is that Smith came into a situation that could've easily went sour at any time this year, but he approached it with confidence in his abilities as a coach while at the same time "communicating" his vision to his players. Smith has built a strong relationship with all of his players and that's rare in the NFL.

Gotta agree.

Each will have a tough time gettting in though. They all have some serious comp.

Disagree strongly there....

Matt Ryan is a mortal lock to get ROY.......

This has been a great year for RBs in general, and Turner is near the top, but not the runaway best player at his position. If any offensive player deserves the MVP, I would give it to Manning. Without him, the Colts would be in the cellar. Their defense is permeable and their run game is non-existant.

I think this might be the year a defensive player (Harrison is my choice) gets the MVP. It hasn't happened in a long time, and with the dearth of viable offensive choices, Harrison or Ware deserve serious consideration. Its a toss-up between the two, but Harrison's background (UDFA, replaced a multi-year Pro Bowler) gives him the edge. Plus, the defense in Dallas has been exposed multiple times, while the Steelers have only two "blemish" games.

Sparano is a strong CotY candidate but he will be hampered by the presence of Parcells. I think we have the strongest shot in this category. I really wish his "polite conversation" with Bryant had gotten more play on the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network - its emblematic of his season as a whole.

Matt Ryan is amazing, and has gotten plenty of good press, but there are many other good stories out of Atlanta stealing his shine. Although Ryan is the most deserving, Johnson will take the award. The list of prior OROTYs is filled with RBs (some good, some Anthony Thomas).

Ryan, Turner, and Smith all have merit. But Ryan and Turner will take votes away from each other - some will say that Ryan couldn't do what he does without a power running game and defenses geared to stop it, others will say that Turner benefits from Ryan's vertical capabilities. Smith has the best case.

This has been a great year for RBs in general, and Turner is near the top, but not the runaway best player at his position. If any offensive player deserves the MVP, I would give it to Manning. Without him, the Colts would be in the cellar. Their defense is permeable and their run game is non-existant.

I think this might be the year a defensive player (Harrison is my choice) gets the MVP. It hasn't happened in a long time, and with the dearth of viable offensive choices, Harrison or Ware deserve serious consideration. Its a toss-up between the two, but Harrison's background (UDFA, replaced a multi-year Pro Bowler) gives him the edge. Plus, the defense in Dallas has been exposed multiple times, while the Steelers have only two "blemish" games.

Sparano is a strong CotY candidate but he will be hampered by the presence of Parcells. I think we have the strongest shot in this category. I really wish his "polite conversation" with Bryant had gotten more play on the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network - its emblematic of his season as a whole.

Matt Ryan is amazing, and has gotten plenty of good press, but there are many other good stories out of Atlanta stealing his shine. Although Ryan is the most deserving, Johnson will take the award. The list of prior OROTYs is filled with RBs (some good, some Anthony Thomas).

Ryan, Turner, and Smith all have merit. But Ryan and Turner will take votes away from each other - some will say that Ryan couldn't do what he does without a power running game and defenses geared to stop it, others will say that Turner benefits from Ryan's vertical capabilities. Smith has the best case.

Good points there...I completely forgot about the defensive players that have made a big impact this season. Haynesworth brought stability to the Titans' defense this year, so he would be a good candidate. Another reason Turner could get it is that this season has been about the running game. Every team has relied on their running game to bring success...the "copy cat" syndrome made each franchise try to implement a two-back tandem in their offense...some failed at it, while others excelled.