Brandon Spikes

timcheetah25

I was just wondering what opinions everyone had on maybe drafting spikes with our first round pick.Most mock drafts have him going late in the first round.With brooking getting older and boley seeming to have lost his fire we can use a force at linebacker.I live in the same town that Brandon grew up in so i guess im partial to him (LOL) BUT IVE WATCHED HIM SINCE ELEMENTARY school and he has been a star at every level.Thanks for any opinions.God its a great time to be a falcons fan aint it?

I was just wondering what opinions everyone had on maybe drafting spikes with our first round pick.Most mock drafts have him going late in the first round.With brooking getting older and boley seeming to have lost his fire we can use a force at linebacker.I live in the same town that Brandon grew up in so i guess im partial to him (LOL) BUT IVE WATCHED HIM SINCE ELEMENTARY school and he has been a star at every level.Thanks for any opinions.God its a great time to be a falcons fan aint it?

Not with our first round pick, but with our second I'd love to get this kid.

I think Curry, Spikes and Laurinaitis will be the 3 best LBs out of the draft. (if they all come out ... Spikes might go back to Florida)

Spikes would be a great fit for our WLB spot ... he's a very good tackler and has great coverage skills ... you also can't overlook his blitzing ability, he really showed these skills against Andre Smith (maybe the best LT in college football) in the SEC Championship game.

Curry is just a beast, but he'll be long gone ... to me he's a top 5 pick that will go in the top 12 (similar to Patrick Willis some years ago).

Not with our first round pick, but with our second I'd love to get this kid.

id pick him with our 1st round easy. i think i like him more than i like jerry and raji. his tape has been much more impressive to me thus far. hes my #1 prospect (that i figure to be available) for our 1st round pick.

falcon82 summed it up pretty well. he is an amazing tackler, jeez.

id pick him with our 1st round easy. i think i like him more than i like jerry and raji. his tape has been much more impressive to me thus far. hes my #1 prospect (that i figure to be available) for our 1st round pick.

falcon82 summed it up pretty well. he is an amazing tackler, jeez.

I'd take him over Raji and Jerry too, he's a legit first rounder and a real playmaker. Add a FA SLB and our defense suddenly looks much better. The secondary doesn't really concern me at the moment, the "Front 7" is our problem ... the lack of pressure combined with sloppy tackling forces the secondary to bite on play-actions. So to me our main needs are: DT, DE and 2 OLBs, there's no DT worth a first round pick, the 2 DEs I like (Orakpo and Hardy) will be gone when we pick ... so it's OLB for me.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't come out this year. I'd say he's a first round lock. He's the heart of the Fla D the way Tebow is the heart of the Fla O, and you can't coach that kind of passion and leadership.

I would love to have him in a Falcons uni, but they'd definitely have to take him with the first pick....and I doubt he's available when they pick. I also see him more as a MLB, but he does look to be talented enough to play OLB if needed.

I'd take him over Raji and Jerry too, he's a legit first rounder and a real playmaker. Add a FA SLB and our defense suddenly looks much better. The secondary doesn't really concern me at the moment, the "Front 7" is our problem ... the lack of pressure combined with sloppy tackling forces the secondary to bite on play-actions. So to me our main needs are: DT, DE and 2 OLBs, there's no DT worth a first round pick, the 2 DEs I like (Orakpo and Hardy) will be gone when we pick ... so it's OLB for me.

i think jerry and raji might end up in round 1 (not likely both, but perhaps 1) whether it is because of the thin class or just performing well at the senior bowl (and i expect both to perform well there). however id definately pick spikes over both of them. evander hood in round 2 would look very nice. ;)

I was very impressed with him in the FSU game. He looked great in coverage and made good reads. They also use him A LOT on blitzes.

very good to hear. i didnt get to see that game and in the game tape ive seen of him hes been a BEAST in the run game but i still hadnt answered all my questions about him in coverage. maybe ill get to see that game at a later date, but i still have some more to watch of him. thanks for the update though.

As I said they blitz him a lot. He wasn't that impressive though. He would pass-rush, get held up by the OT, then he would kinda stand his ground and watch the QB to see if he would scramble or where he was throwing to bat the passes down. Reminded me of JA98 :(..... the good thing is though Spikes is a LB and that's not his job :)

some of the plays where he reads the throw and breaks on the ball are freakish. and he packs a PUNCH when he hits you. that and the fact that he is a leader, a very sure tackler and an experience blitzer makes me drool all over my keyboard at the thought of him lining up next to lofton on our defense.

Tuggle---Brooking---SPIKES