Fallout 3 or Oblivion?

I was going to buy Fallout 3, but decided I'd save the money and just wait until Christmas. ;)

But you can't go wrong with Oblivion. Besides being a lot of fun, it's the biggest game I have ever played. It's a little overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll have a blast if you're into big RPGs. You can get more gameplay out of the sidequests than you can out of most entire games. Fallout looks awesome, though.

I have owned both. I played Oblivion for about an hour and never played it again. Just didn't catch my interest. However, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games. I just finished it a couple hours ago, after hours and hours of just exploring since it came out. My personal opinion would be Fallout 3.

THey are both awesome. If you like the whole knights and elves and stuff I would say go for Oblivion and get Fallout when you are done with that. If you would prefer guns and mutants, well go with Fallout. Either way, both games will make you a shut in so beware.

Yea thats the truth, plan to sink many hrs and days into both games. I loved both but I liked Oblivion a little bit better.

Yeah when your walking through the forrest and the music changes so you start spinning around trying to see what is coming after you and BAM! A lion or troll scares you half to death.

Unless you have the ring that detects life B)

I just hated going through the stupid caves and tombs...dam ghosts.

Unless you have the ring that detects life B)

I just hated going through the stupid caves and tombs...dam ghosts.

or like the thing on the way to the dark brotherhood? that scared the bejesus out of me. i must have saved 20 times to make sure those things didnt see me. but yeah i think i saved after i turned a corner in most caves, they FREAKED me out.