Regardless of what happens this weekend...

Delosky

The NFC South gets ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT from the national media and NFL fans, yet it is always competitive. The rivalries are already there (i.e. NO/ATL) or becoming very good rivalries (i.e. TB/CAR) and we've been playing well in the national spotlight.

But between the current 11-0 home record vs the division to the last place team always winning the division the next, I'm hoping we will finally get a little respect over the next few seasons. If anything, when the Saints (I won't use Aint's for this weekend only :D ) beat CAR, it will be the first time since realignment that every team has gone undefeated against the division at home (correct me if I'm wrong, but won't it be the first time in the Super Bowl era?)

Not to mention that every team could finish over .500 and TB could still sneak in and we'd have 3 teams in the playoffs. Just sayin...

Respect is kind of abstract. I mean, it doesn't pay the bills.

Who cares what the national media says? They can stay lip-locked to the nuts of the Giants and Patriots for all eternity; they're going to anyway.

The NFC South record speaks for itself. Anyone who knows NFL football knows it's the best division.

I gotcha. Your one of those new posters that is going to try to have a theme. Your the guy that wants to be funny but isnt. Good luck with that ;)

OMG u jus dissed me man...wat kinda falcon fan are you <_< lol iz ok i forgive u now but dont slip up again or ill hire micheal turner to do you like he did # 44 in the falcons & chiefs game..nice sig though -_-

Respect is kind of abstract. I mean, it doesn't pay the bills.

Who cares what the national media says? They can stay lip-locked to the nuts of the Giants and Patriots for all eternity; they're going to anyway.

The NFC South record speaks for itself. Anyone who knows NFL football knows it's the best division.

I agree with what you are saying, but as a 30+ year Falcons fan, one of the things I wish we had that other teams have as well as other divisions is history. Yes, we've been to a Super Bowl and have 1 NFC Championship. But there are many other teams with much more history than us within the last 40 years. It'd just be nice to be a part of a division that has notoriety for being a tough division to play in and a team that other teams fear to play.

Prime example was the game last night. I don't care about the Bears or the Pack, but I respect the rivalry in terms of pro football. Just like the majority of games in the NFC East - they are just good games with a lot of history. Hopefully, records such as this and rivalries like are popping up, give our team and division that type of feel.