Message Board Challenge - Find one team playing better

pzummo

Here's the challenge. Since so many posers on this board don't think we have a chance at the Superbowl, I want you to prove it. Over the past 5 games, who has played better football than our Atlanta Falcons? Obviously we don't compete with the AFC to get to the Superbowl, so this is a NFC only comparison. I will start us out with the "supposedly" best NFC teams. I'll use the schedules, records, and scoring for comparison.

Atl Falcons - (CAR, SD, NO, TB, MIN) - 4-1 record. Allowing 20.0 ppg. Scoring 25.8 ppg. Net +5.8 ppg

NY Giants - (ARI, WAS, PHI, DAL, CAR) - 3-2 record. Allowing 20.8 ppg. Scoring 23.2 ppg. Net +2.4 ppg

Car Panthers - (ATL, GB, TB, DEN, NYG) - 3-2 record. Allowing 28.6 ppg. Scoring 31.8 ppg. Net +3.2 ppg

The thing that worries me the most, is the Defense. It looked like a high school team against the Saints. I know the Saints are the best offensive team, but my god, Pierre Thomas looked like Bo Jackson.

Yeah, but look what NO does at home. They put up 24, 31, 27, 34, 37, 51, and 29 in their 7 home games. The only two other teams to keep them under 30 were TB and Min. That's pretty good company defensively.

Does our team have weaknesses? Of course they do, every team does, otherwise they'd go undefeated. Is this team good? I think they are playing the best football in the NFC.

Realistically, if you scrutinize any team the way we scrutinize ourselves, you'll see the same thing. NYG - Williams 4 rushing TD's, only scored 8 against Dal putrid defense, gave up 140 rushing yards to a bad rushing team. And that's just over the past 5 games. ****, they've given up 9 rushing TD's over the past 5 games, at least 1 in every game including 2 against Arizona!

I still ask, who in the NFC is playing better football? And it's not like our last 5 games have been cakewalks... Again, not saying we are unbeatable.

Hrmm... Chicago?

They are 4-1 in their last 5 games and are on a 3 game winning streak.

Is this a joke or are you serious? They got beat by Minn 34-14. Two of the teams they beat were Jax and STL. They barely beat GB at home. They have not been playing good football. Next...

The thing that worries me the most, is the Defense. It looked like a high school team against the Saints. I know the Saints are the best offensive team, but my god, Pierre Thomas looked like Bo Jackson.

The Defense has gotten after the lose balls and given it back to the offense. I'm happy with them right now. They aren't dominant but extremely "scrappy." Houston makes me very nervous at times. But that call on him (interference) was definately an "uncatchable" ball. The ball landed about 5 yards out of bounds. However, it was a good "no call" at the end that could've went either way. They (refs) kinda made up for the interference call on Houston... B)