Ok so next weekend, it's go Saints, go Vikings!

DeathFromAbove

I'd rather play the Bears IN CHICAGO than have to go back to Minnesota. CHI looked pretty terrible all game tonight. They aren't a very good team. We're built to run the ball, first and foremost. I don't think playing in the extremely cold weather would effect us as much as say, the Colts, who are built to throw the ball.

I think Minnesota is a better team than Chicago.

But we won't have to worry about any of this stuff if NO beats CAR (and we beat STL).

Trying to decide if I want the Bucs or Cowboys to make it in, more scared of the Boys than I am the Bucs.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Cowboys are so dangerous. Tony Romo chokes under pressure. Their defense is god awful. I just don't get the whole fear factor with them. I want the Bucs in because maybe the NFC South would finally get some respect if we get 3 teams in.

DFA,

Help me understand: How would CHI get the 4 seed?

If they win vs. HOU, they would be 10-6, so my understanding is that they would be the No. 3 seed. ARZ at best, will be 9-7 with a season-ending W vs. SEA, so they would still be the 4th best division winner and be No. 4 seed.

the only way I see something going weird is if MIN and CHI both lose, end up 9-7 and CHI has the tiebreaker over MIN (whatever that may be) giving the Bears the NFC North, and then ARZ wins to go 9-7, and somehow ARZ holds the conf. tiebreaker over CHI which puts ARZ as No. 3 seed and CHI as No. 4.

I don't know all the scenarios and tiebreaks, so break it down for me.

thanx

I'd rather play the Bears IN CHICAGO than have to go back to Minnesota. CHI looked pretty terrible all game tonight. They aren't a very good team. We're built to run the ball, first and foremost. I don't think playing in the extremely cold weather would effect us as much as say, the Colts, who are built to throw the ball.

I think Minnesota is a better team than Chicago.

But we won't have to worry about any of this stuff if NO beats CAR (and we beat STL).

Amen to that brother. I would much rather us go to Chicago to play the Bears.

Go Giants...but more importantly...GO SAINTS!

I don't know what effort we're going to get from the G-men though.

I agree. Even if we do need to throw up there, it's not like Ryan hasn't played some cold football at BC. Plus his nickname is ice, so that's like double bonus.

Of the teams in the hunt, here's my feelings. First, the ones I don't want to see.

1) NY Giants. Not having Plax makes a difference, but not a huge one. If they have Brandon Jacobs, they have all they need.

2) Minnesota Vikings-we stole one from them with the turnovers. We had a tough time running on them, and it would be even tougher if they got Pat Williams back in time for the playoffs.

3) Philadelphia Eagles-I know that they're scuffling, but if they get in, I'd be scared of them. They handled us very well in pretty much every aspect. Even at our house, where such a match-up would occur, I would not be thrilled to see them.

4) Chicago-I actually wouldn't mind them if we win the division and would have home-field over them. Don't want to play on Soldier Field in January.

5) Tampa Bay-we got embarrassed by them early in the year, and we eeked out an overtime win at home thanks in part to a missed field goal. I know that they got embarrassed by the Chargers, but I still believe they have a solid run defense (even though we did a good job the second time) and they can bring the pressure on Ryan. Antonio Bryant also kind of dominated us.

Teams I wouldn't mind facing:

1) Dallas Cowboys. Overrated much? I think Abraham can make Romo feel the pressure, and I know that Ryan can beat their secondary. They play the run fairly well but haven't exactly stopped anyone who REALLY wants to run the ball. The Rams ran wild on them, as did the Giants (with Jacobs), the Redskins had some success, and Baltimore took them to the house twice for big runs.

2) Arizona Cardinals. They've completely mailed in the season since they clinched a berth. Warner is tough, those receivers are deadly, but they can't pass protect very well, and they have a non-existent running game. Just let Mike Smith and Van Gorder scheme a defense against them dropping back 50 times and we'll wreak havoc.

3) Carolina Panthers-We dominated them at home, ran over them with Turner. I think even in Carolina we'd stand a pretty decent shot. They're a good team, but I'd rather face them than some others.

4) The Bears (if at home). Don't mind these guys in our house.

I could be wrong, there may be no way for the Bears to get #4...I'm not obsessively checking scenarios :)

Man a bye would be so freaking sweet, let Abe and company rest up while the rest bash their heads in.

Romo folds underneath a severe pass rush, that being said not sure we can provide one - but I expect Dawkins and company to make him very unwelcome so they're probably out.

Of the teams in the hunt, here's my feelings. First, the ones I don't want to see.

1) NY Giants. Not having Plax makes a difference, but not a huge one. If they have Brandon Jacobs, they have all they need.

2) Minnesota Vikings-we stole one from them with the turnovers. We had a tough time running on them, and it would be even tougher if they got Pat Williams back in time for the playoffs.

3) Philadelphia Eagles-I know that they're scuffling, but if they get in, I'd be scared of them. They handled us very well in pretty much every aspect. Even at our house, where such a match-up would occur, I would not be thrilled to see them.

4) Chicago-I actually wouldn't mind them if we win the division and would have home-field over them. Don't want to play on Soldier Field in January.

5) Tampa Bay-we got embarrassed by them early in the year, and we eeked out an overtime win at home thanks in part to a missed field goal. I know that they got embarrassed by the Chargers, but I still believe they have a solid run defense (even though we did a good job the second time) and they can bring the pressure on Ryan. Antonio Bryant also kind of dominated us.

Teams I wouldn't mind facing:

1) Dallas Cowboys. Overrated much? I think Abraham can make Romo feel the pressure, and I know that Ryan can beat their secondary. They play the run fairly well but haven't exactly stopped anyone who REALLY wants to run the ball. The Rams ran wild on them, as did the Giants (with Jacobs), the Redskins had some success, and Baltimore took them to the house twice for big runs.

2) Arizona Cardinals. They've completely mailed in the season since they clinched a berth. Warner is tough, those receivers are deadly, but they can't pass protect very well, and they have a non-existent running game. Just let Mike Smith and Van Gorder scheme a defense against them dropping back 50 times and we'll wreak havoc.

3) Carolina Panthers-We dominated them at home, ran over them with Turner. I think even in Carolina we'd stand a pretty decent shot. They're a good team, but I'd rather face them than some others.

4) The Bears (if at home). Don't mind these guys in our house.

My contention is we're not going to play the Raiders, Lions or Chiefs, so we have to beat the best teams to get what we want. To beat them, we have to play them, so let's find out how good our team is. Don't sell them short against the G-Men, Viqueens, or Iggles.

DFA,

my badd. I put words in your mouth. CHI can't get the 4 seed, I guess I meant to ask how we would end up playing CHI in Chicago (if they won the NFC North) and assumed that for that to happen they would have to be No. 4 seed.

Reading the blog, I guess the only way we end up with CHI in Soldier Field is if they win vs. HOU and we lose vs. STL, and someone else (DAL, PHI or TB) snags a 'W' on Sunday to leapfrogs us for the 5 seed and we fall back to the 6 seed.

Only then does the 3 vs. 6 game plays out with the NFC North winner vs. us in their stadium.

Even though I have the NFL Network, my wife wanted to go out with our friends saturday night. Luckily I steered them towards a restaurant that would be showing it as opposed to the Mexican restaurant they prefer, which uses their televisions to show Miriachi bands from the 70's (I think... its hard to tell, ya know?).

So we were watching it in a Taco Mac in Gwinnett, and it was full of people cheering for the Cowboys. So I was glad to be the one person there shouting and cheering for the Ravens. At one point, after a lot of beer, I started cheering for the "Baltimore Falcons".

So that became the theme. The next morning we were cheering for the San Diego Falcons, then the Atlanta Falcons of course. After they won, we cheered all night for the New York Falcons. :D

So yeah, next Sunday I'm going to cheer for the New Orleans Falcons.