ST Coach Keith Armstong

xFalconLord

You almost cost us the da*n game .. how in the world do you send out 12 men on punt return on 4th and 4 when were up by 17 points with 10 mins to go?? Possession of the football is the ONLY thing that matters. Setting up a return means nothing, fielding the punt means nothing. We could have put 7 guys out there and just let the ball hit the turf. All we want is possession.

But no, we get that penalty and give them a free 3 points. Now the crowd is fired up and theres still 9 mins left in the game. We go 3 and out, boom quick touchdown.

Wow dude.

I was telling everyone in the room NO PENALTIES!! DONT EVEN PUT A GUY BACK TO RETURN THE PUNT.

NO MISTAKES.

Why even risk a muff?? WE JUST WANT POSSESSION OF THE F'IN FOOTBALL...

God that made me seathing angry.

Yeah. I dont think Armstrong literally sent 12 people. The returner has to count the guys. I saw Armstrong saying "My fault. My fault.", but I think he was just covering for Harry.

Either way. I cant be too mad. Our special teams has improved big time this year from what it was early. And we have a historic punt coverage team.

They showed him on the sidelines with Smitty and he took responsibility (by tapping on his chest and saying "That's mine")

Besides it kept our Punt Return Yards allowed numbers down and closer to the record.

I don't know about you but Smitty maybe the only coach I've seen this year walk the sidelines and talk to his players and staff during a game. Most HC's just stand there in their own world. He seems to be completely into everything. That is so great. We really have something special here.

Yeah. I dont think Armstrong literally sent 12 people. The returner has to count the guys. I saw Armstrong saying "My fault. My fault.", but I think he was just covering for Harry.

Either way. I cant be too mad. Our special teams has improved big time this year from what it was early. And we have a historic punt coverage team.

Of course its all well and good because we won.. My point is, that da*n near cost us the game. After that play, we didnt get momentum back until Minnesota missed on 4th and 14 at the end of the game.

The shear stupidity of that moment cannot be understated.

Why even send a return guy back? What if he muffs?

Isnt possession the ONLY thing that matters?

Really guys. Theres no excuse.

Are you an idiot?? The guy comes in here and we have only given up 48 or 49 yards on punt returns this year and your going crazy about 12 men being on the field, which by the way it's not like he stood there and pointed 12 men out to go on the field. Someone made a mistake not him.

We just clinched a playoff birth and your still trying to find things to complain about. It's kind of ignorant.

I'm happy with him, we're on course to break the record for punt return yards allowed in a single season.

Notice I never said fire the guy or anything of the sort.. My point is, you cannot make that mistake when its a playoffs or bust situation. If we lose, he is the goat no doubt. You cannot deny that. The guy has done great things this season, and has been a coach in the league for a long time. Still cannot make that mistake.

If I am sitting at home begging us to not make a mistake.. how does he overlook it? Everyone in the world knows when we get possession of the football, the game is over.

Exactly.

Notice I never said fire the guy or anything of the sort.. My point is, you cannot make that mistake when its a playoffs or bust situation. If we lose, he is the goat no doubt. You cannot deny that. The guy has done great things this season, and has been a coach in the league for a long time. Still cannot make that mistake.

I agree, but if you notice this team doesnt hang its head. They move on.....i got ticked off about that situation but I moved on right along with the team....matter of fact I didnt even remember that incident untill i came across your thread. Bone headed mistake, but it was a nerve racking game.

Are you an idiot?? The guy comes in here and we have only given up 48 or 49 yards on punt returns this year and your going crazy about 12 men being on the field, which by the way it's not like he stood there and pointed 12 men out to go on the field. Someone made a mistake not him.

We just clinched a playoff birth and your still trying to find things to complain about. It's kind of ignorant.

While I don't the the OP is being very rational, the bolded statement above is wrong. Armstrong is to blame for this mistake and it could have costed us the game. Fortunately, this mistake didn't cost us a win; and I'm sure the team (coaches included) will learn from it.

I rather look at the situation positively and think that I'm glad it happened in a game where we recovered from the error and won than a playoff game against a better opponent.

I agree, but if you notice this team doesnt hang its head. They move on.....i got ticked off about that situation but I moved on right along with the team....matter of fact I didnt even remember that incident untill i came across your thread. Bone headed mistake, but it was a nerve racking game.

Things like that stick out in my mind because of the shear stupidity. We could have lined up 6 guys on the punt return and been okay. We didnt even need a return guy. We just want possession of the football. Were up 17 with 10 mins left. Instead, we give Minnesota a chance to break our hearts. F that, that almost ruined everything.. I wouldnt have been able to take that heart break.

You almost cost us the da*n game .. how in the world do you send out 12 men on punt return on 4th and 4 when were up by 17 points with 10 mins to go?? Possession of the football is the ONLY thing that matters. Setting up a return means nothing, fielding the punt means nothing. We could have put 7 guys out there and just let the ball hit the turf. All we want is possession.

But no, we get that penalty and give them a free 3 points. Now the crowd is fired up and theres still 9 mins left in the game. We go 3 and out, boom quick touchdown.

Wow dude.

I was telling everyone in the room NO PENALTIES!! DONT EVEN PUT A GUY BACK TO RETURN THE PUNT.

NO MISTAKES.

Why even risk a muff?? WE JUST WANT POSSESSION OF THE F'IN FOOTBALL...

God that made me seathing angry.

Were you drunk when you posted this?

Huh?? I believe he was referring to the play where we were pentalized for having 12 men on the field, Vikings ball and we were due to

field the punt....What does that have to do with do with the ST record for allowing the fewest yds on punts....I'd be careful when throwing

the idiot word.around.

Of course its all well and good because we won.. My point is, that da*n near cost us the game. After that play, we didnt get momentum back until Minnesota missed on 4th and 14 at the end of the game.

The shear stupidity of that moment cannot be understated.

Why even send a return guy back? What if he muffs?

Isnt possession the ONLY thing that matters?

Really guys. Theres no excuse.

Yeah, we lost a possession on that one...had a similar feeling to the blown call at Philly. Defense is what was worrying me though. Aside from the offense not doing anything with the turnovers. They were giving up all kinds of yardage until the turnovers came. So that ST play could have seemed like a bigger deal if I wasn't so worried about the next 30+ yard play we would give up. LOL at the Viqueens coughing it up with regularity though.