I honestly feel for Saints fans

ThunderCookie

As I was driving to a get together for the game last night, I kept thinking about one play that could have truly effected our season. Abraham getting sacked two feet away from Cutler on Denver's game winning drive. It was weird to think that the whole could hinge on one no call from a ref who was staring right at it.

So with the Saints one win away from a winning season and 10-6 good enough for the playoffs, I know how it must hurt to know one game or one play might have cost the playoffs.

If you guys can win on Sunday, I feel you legitimize that.

As I was driving to a get together for the game last night, I kept thinking about one play that could have truly effected our season. Abraham getting sacked two feet away from Cutler on Denver's game winning drive. It was weird to think that the whole could hinge on one no call from a ref who was staring right at it.

So with the Saints one win away from a winning season and 10-6 good enough for the playoffs, I know how it must hurt to know one game or one play might have cost the playoffs.

If you guys can win on Sunday, I feel you legitimize that.

I'm going with the Al Davis motto this Sunday concerning the Saints...Just win baby! :D

what the saints have done this season has been unreal, i was putting together a list of how many players have missed time, and how many of them were starters at some point. my computer shut down so i'll give the basics.

17 players on ir...15 of them are either starters or role players who see a good bit of pt. that ranged from 5 games to 15 games.

on the active roster, 21 players have missed time. ALL being starters or big time role players. that ranged from 1 game to 8 games.

so i mean, this season has been frustrating. but what we have done with basically guys off the street has been unreal. coming into the season, of the 11 starters on defense, 9 of them have missed time. the only two who havent would be jonathan vilma and scott shanle. the 11 starters on offense has been the same, 8 of them has missed time. the only three being drew brees, jahri evans, and john stinchcomb.

and then there is the refs, who have cost the saints maybe 4 games this year. with the potential game winning drive in washington, the continuation of the winning drive in denver, a questionable pi call in chicago, and the worst called game of the year...minnesota.

Ummm sorry saints fans, injuries are a part of football. That excuse isn't gonna fly here. A few years ago when the Falcons lost several players to injury including Brady Smith who was great compliment to Patrick Kearney back then I would bring it up as a reason why the season was going down the tubes and I was roundly criticized by saints bucs and panthers fans. If it didn't work for me here then, it's not gonna work for you now.

Refs??? please, I dont even want to hear about it, the Falcons can make just as good a case as anybody for being screwed by the refs including a pretty **** gratutious spot of the ball on 4th and 1 for the saints before they went on to score the winning TD in our last meeting.

a lot of it comes from injuries

if anybody can name another team that has 17 people on IR that finished with a non-losing record, much less getting to the playoffs, i would love to hear it

THIS IS TRUE. AND EVEN WITH ALL THE INJURIES, IF THE BALL BOUNCED

IN THEIR FAVOR IN ABOUT THREE OF THEIR LOSSES ....... YOU'D BE

SEEING A DIFFERENT NFL SOUTH LANDSCAPE, ONE THAT WOULD BE

VERY CROWDED. B)

They're the worst team in the division and they're playing like it. They were in last place before the few decent players that are on IR joined the list. I don't feel sorry for them. I promise you they weren't feeling sorry for us last year. Not to mention the Falcons could be 13-2 right now if you just change a single play in 3 of our losses.

a lot of it comes from injuries

if anybody can name another team that has 17 people on IR that finished with a non-losing record, much less getting to the playoffs, i would love to hear it

Even with this I say it's been more of the mistakes and plays left on the field that have killed us this year. Just like in the Bears game when Villma dropped an int that hit him in his hands. It happed inside their 20 yard line and could have been retured for a game changing TD. Just that one play along and we could be fighting for a play off spot and that is one of many missed oppertunities.

Even with this I say it's been more of the mistakes and plays left on the field that have killed us this year. Just like in the Bears game when Villma dropped an int that hit him in his hands. It happed inside their 20 yard line and could have been retured for a game changing TD. Just that one play along and we could be fighting for a play off spot and that is one of many missed oppertunities.

Aqg, I agree it happens on the field, you can't make excuses for the IR list. I was watching NFL live yesterday and they said the Patriots have have the worst injury bug and IR list this season yet they will more than likely be 11-5 and miss the playoffs! Then again Sean Payton is no Belichick? Also, I agree with you about plays on the foeld, if Boley doesn't drop that sure INT on your winning drive the Falcons win at your house instead of losing 29-25...as it turns out we don't need that game anyways. Now go kick some Panther azz on Sunday!

no. they wont. they're the AINTS

good one!

think of putting 'AINTS' in capitals all on your own? pathetic....you are making your fellow Falcons fans here in Rivals look bad

by the way, the correct response to the poster you quoted

The Saints would probably be a playoff team in any other division.

would be "no. they wouldnt" or "no. they would not"

pretty sad when you are trying to insult people and instead just make yourself look stupid and ignorant

good one!

think of putting 'AINTS' in capitals all on your own? pathetic....you are making your fellow Falcons fans here in Rivals look bad

by the way, the correct response to the poster you quoted

would be "no. they wouldnt" or "no. they would not"

pretty sad when you are trying to insult people and instead just make yourself look stupid and ignorant

Correcting grammar in a football discussion isn't much better.