Boley to Seattle? or Cinci?

maxatlanta

All of the speculation is fun but the great thing is, we now have a Coach and GM who are capable of assessing our needs and finding the right players to fill them. I have supreme confidence in TD and Smitty and I can't wait to see what they come up with in next years draft and free agent market. They can draft Bozo the clown for all I care as long as they believe he fits the system. What TD is doing reminds me a lot of how Schuerholz came in and built a dynasty out of the Braves. Different sport but hopefully the same result.

Thanks for the endorsement. Let's go ahead and start the petition today. I promise I will proudly represent the AFMB.

Coy Wire is a Stanford guy, which says: intelligent. His rookie year

at Buffalo 2002 he was pressed into service and made a slew of tackles

and he was rewarded by making him a special teams player the next

several years and then he hurt his neck. He is very active, but does it

within the scheme. I think we are looking at somebody who is getting us

as far as we can go this year and will be fighting for a job next year.

This is how winning teams are built by plugging some gaps with journeymen.

He is having the time of his life right now.

I'm thinking that upgrading both OLB spots might be a priority. And i'm far from a Swami, but i see the draft picks being large and athletic, and unless Boley takes less dollars and a supporting role i doubt he'll be around.

If you watch our games closely most of the problems against the run are not the DLine or the Middle (Lofton is a stout beast!), it's on the edges. Both Brooking and Boley are not strong against the run. Brooking is better than Boley but definitely losing a step or three.

BTW, whoever posited the idea of drafting a pure MLB and playing him on the edge or moving Lofton to the edge is crazy! One think i like about Dimitroff and Smith is that they play players to their strengths. We have a very good MLB, we need true OLB not conversion projects.

I hope we don't resign him ... I think he can be a good player, but he has to play with heart again and honestly, there's something wrong, if you don't play 100% every down with Smith as coach.

But for him, I hope he finds a nice team, so he can show his abilities. Sometimes it's better for both sides to go separate ways

I hope we don't resign him ... I think he can be a good player, but he has to play with heart again and honestly, there's something wrong, if you don't play 100% every down with Smith as coach.

But for him, I hope he finds a nice team, so he can show his abilities. Sometimes it's better for both sides to go separate ways

I agree. I think he'll also get more money and enjoy himself in a Zimmer or Dungey type Defense where his size and speed aren't hinderances, but rather strengths. Who knows maybe he'll change and we'll find a way for him to contribute. But i doubt it, as something is amiss as you pointed out

Zimmer is good.

Zimmer is a very good coach. He got screwed by the Petrino association.

I agree. I think he'll also get more money and enjoy himself in a Zimmer or Dungey type Defense where his size and speed aren't hinderances, but rather strengths. Who knows maybe he'll change and we'll find a way for him to contribute. But i doubt it, as something is amiss as you pointed out

Zimmer is a very good coach. He got screwed by the Petrino association.

Yes, the Bengals' defense has been decent this season for the first time since Marvin Lewis became head coach.

i was thinking he would be a better fit @ WLB for some time, but watching him play he just doesnt have the killer instinct that coach demands. He is too soft for this team IMO.

bye Boley. You were well worth the 5th round pick for the service you gave us.

Agree. For a 5th round pick he was excellent